Charles Barkley going off on This super team era

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I agree with him generally

If Kawhi stays in Toronto the league would be so much more interesting/exciting/intriguing

If he goes to the Lakers its the Warriors all over again where we know the outcome
I want Kawhi on the Lakers from a sole selfish position since he is one of my top 2 favorite players and I fw the lakers but as a fan of the game the league would be the best it's been in a decade if he stays in Toronto or goes to the clippers

HandyWithTheSteel

Superstar
Daps
He wouldn't have that energy if this goofy shyt got him a ring :sas2:

rockets96cos-1_250x.jpg

giphy.gif

F K

All Star
Daps
If super teams and load management are gonna be the norm going forward, I'm all for cutting the season to 60 games and removing about 6 to 10 teams from the league :yeshrug:

These dudes are obviously gonna have to be forced to compete. Its way too easy for players to destroy the competitive balance in the league right now.
hell no, I want more games to attend in person. Some of you guys keep forgetting this a sport that people enjoy watching. This isn't some video games sim to the championship shyt. What am I gonna do on a random tuesday night, go to the opera?:mjlol: play video games?:hhh:

Daps
It’s not about who wins.

It’s about the apathy that it creates around the race to get to the chip

It’s why the NFL excels cause it feels like everyone has a chance at the start

I think that's it right there.

In the NFL, teams have to function like well-oiled machines. The front office, coaches and players all work in unison to create ultimate success. In basketball (especially now), all you have to do is get two or three superstars and some solid role-playing vets and win. The coaching can be average and the front-office doesn't really have to do any work outside of getting the stars to sign contracts. You can do everything right in football and still lose. In hoops, that uncertainty doesn't exist. A football team can have the best player, best coach and best front office and get beat.

I don't fault the players. They should do what's best for them and their families.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Almost impossible not to form a super team in this era. There's talent all around.

Chuck was playing when Joe Klein, Michael Cage, and Brad Lohaus were starting big men.
Yeah because now we got all time great bigs like andrew bogut, Tristain Thompson, joel anthony etc.. Starting on teams making the finaks and winning rings

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
charles bytching for no reason. sure cats are teaming up now, but the talent is more spread out.

for damn near 10 years it was pretty much a lock that only 2 teams had a chance to win the title. gs or whoever bron was playing for. spurs and mavs had a combo breaker sprinkled in.

with warriors dynasty over the league is more wide open than ever. unless kawhi goes to the lakers...

• Dap
Reactions: F K

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Clearly just mad that they are getting rings.
Who cares about rings now. shyt is so devalued in this era. Used to be a sign of the ultimate competitor. Now it's a sign of the best recruiter. Theres gonna be a year when all the top 5 players choose to play on the same team , they are gonna 5 peat, and nikkas are gonna be calling them Co-Goats :mjlol:. The fukk is happening to basketball

F K

All Star
Daps
charles bytching for no reason. sure cats are teaming up now, but the talent is more spread out.

for damn near 10 years it was pretty much a lock that only 2 teams had a chance to win the title. gs or whoever bron was playing for. spurs and mavs had a combo breaker sprinkled in.

with warriors dynasty over the league is more wide open than ever. unless kawhi goes to the lakers...
5 chips is only a combo breaker!? damn you guys have high standards:russ: