Charlamagne pulls Elliot Wilson’s WHOLE card 🔥 - Peter Rosenberg is talking SPICY about Charlamagne 🌶️

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Rosenberg is pretty bland and safe as a personality overall ….but he gives all the artists that nobody cares about except on the coli some shine and a platform..so I’ve never fully understood the hatred
I don't hate him, I just think he's too big headed for someone who has a very limited knowledge of Hip Hop culture outside of a very niche part. He's a pompous "know it all" who actually doesn't even know some of the most basic Hip Hop facts. He's one of them white boys who grew up on underground college radio Hip Hop and somehow thinks that makes him an authority on the culture because he got Hard 2 Obtain - Ism and Blues on Cassette.

And this is coming from someone who listened to Juan Ep all the time, so I know all the shyt he got exposed on not knowing just by conversing with Cipha Sounds.

He also disrespected Chuck D to defend his trash ass radio station's Summer Jam. I just don't like when people speak as if they're an authority on something, when they really are only knowledgeable in 1 specific aspect of a culture.

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
I don't hate him, I just think he's too big headed for someone who has a very limited knowledge of Hip Hop culture outside of a very niche part. He's a pompous "know it all" who actually doesn't even know some of the most basic Hip Hop facts. He's one of them white boys who grew up on underground college radio Hip Hop and somehow thinks that makes him an authority on the culture because he got Hard 2 Obtain - Ism and Blues on Cassette.

And this is coming from someone who listened to Juan Ep all the time, so I know all the shyt he got exposed on not knowing just by conversing with Cipha Sounds.

He also disrespected Chuck D to defend his trash ass radio station's Summer Jam. I just don't like when people speak as if they're an authority on something, when they really are only knowledgeable in 1 specific aspect of a culture.

This can be said about literally every hip hop fan…they study what they like ..and have limited knowledge on what they don’t like

And have opinions slanted towards what they prefer

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This can be said about literally every hip hop fan…they study what they like ..and have limited knowledge on what they don’t like

And have opinions slanted towards what they prefer
Every Hip Hop fan doesn't act like they are the 1 and only authority on the culture and speak with a heir of arrogance that they're above reproach.

It's not about him liking what he likes. It's about him only being knowledgeable on one aspect and speaking as if he's an authority figure on everything Hip Hop related.

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
Every Hip Hop fan doesn't act like they are the 1 and only authority on the culture and speak with a heir of arrogance that they're above reproach.

It's not about him liking what he likes. It's about him only being knowledgeable on one aspect and speaking as if he's an authority figure on everything Hip Hop related.

He’s a radio/internet personality ..that’s what they get paid to do..it’s about engagement

Hot 97 isn’t interested in him talking about his rare vinyl collection during their drive time..which is why as a bonus they let him do that at midnight or whatever because he built up enough engagement around his name

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
He’s a radio/internet personality ..that’s what they get paid to do..it’s about engagement

Hot 97 isn’t interested in him talking about his rare vinyl collection during their drive time..which is why as a bonus they let him do that at midnight or whatever because he built up enough engagement around his name
And part of playing that role is the consequence of being called out for it. So there’s that.

Everyone who gets on the radio and does something that bothers the audience gets called out for it. Whether it’s their job or not. Charlamagne gets called out for being a troll. Ebro gets called out for being a shill. Envy gets called out for asking stupid questions. Wendy got called out for being messy and gossipy. Why should Rosenberg be any different?

Max Goonberg

Superstar
Daps

What aspect is Charlemagne knowledge on?

At least Pete give alot of dope underground nikkas a look where Charlemagne likely never heard of them. He's at events supporting and all that. Charlemagne talk shyt on the radio trying to jam nikkas up in interviews and never even comes outside.

He's more shaderoom than hip-hop to me.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

Nah I feel the same way as u but he smoked Charlamagne. I couldn't stand Elliot Wilson but I def respect his music opinion over either one of these cats and that whole argument Charlamagne made about not wanting to be stuck in hip hop is the problem I have with alot of these cats. He basically tried to shyt on Elliot for caring about hip hop media.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

At least Pete give alot of dope underground nikkas a look where Charlemagne likely never heard of them. He's at events supporting and all that. Charlemagne talk shyt on the radio trying to jam nikkas up in interviews and never even comes outside.

This is facts too. I REALLY don't like Rosenberg but I've seen him outside at more than a few Hip hop events I've been to. Shows that I been to with Ra and all that.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

I don't think Charlamagne is necessarily knowledgable on anything not just Hip Hop

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nah I feel the same way as u but he smoked Charlamagne. I couldn't stand Elliot Wilson but I def respect his music opinion over either one of these cats and that whole argument Charlamagne made about not wanting to be stuck in hip hop is the problem I have with alot of these cats. He basically tried to shyt on Elliot for caring about hip hop media.
Yeah I didn't say he was wrong, I'm just saying it's ironic coming from him. Because I don't respect Rosenberg's opinion on most Hip Hop things either. Most people don't.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Rosenberg saying nobody respect Charlamagne's HH musical opinions is like the 12th man on the bench telling the 11th man on the bench that he's not starter material.

It might be true but message and messenger..

I don't fukk with Rosenberg but it's hard to deny he was influential in a lot of blog era rappers getting on the radio, he hosted club shows in NY for guys, etc. Only blind spot for him was Roc Marciano, outside of that he had most of the blog era NY guys on his late night show. That being said sure he's a lame ass dude but I respect what he did for some artists I fukk with.

CTG is just a gossip clown who dabbles in rap shyt.