Charlamagne pulls Elliot Wilson’s WHOLE card 🔥 - Peter Rosenberg is talking SPICY about Charlamagne 🌶️

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
When Rosenberg said noone goes to Charlamagne for or cares about his opinion on music that was a headshot.
He be trying his best to be the “hip old head” rather than trying to be a hiphop journalist or whatever. Elliot is no worse than CTG, if anything they’re maybe on the same level. But at least Elliot wasn’t out here doing gay jokes for cheap likes like Charlamagne

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410
Yeah I didn't say he was wrong, I'm just saying it's ironic coming from him. Because I don't respect Rosenberg's opinion on most Hip Hop things either. Most people don't.
Yea I respect that he does give light to some less established talent , but he also isn't the authority he thinks he is. I don't think he's all bad but his inflated sense of self importance can be annoying lol

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
He be trying his best to be the “hip old head” rather than trying to be a hiphop journalist or whatever. Elliot is no worse than CTG, if anything they’re maybe on the same level. But at least Elliot wasn’t out here doing gay jokes for cheap likes like Charlamagne
They aren't on the same level in the slightest. Elliot for all his bias was a real hip hop journalist.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Rosenberg is pretty bland and safe as a personality overall ….but he gives all the artists that nobody cares about except on the coli some shine and a platform..so I’ve never fully understood the hatred
Rosenberg is a lame himself. For many reasons. That doesn’t excuse his beef with Charlamagne

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I don't hate him, I just think he's too big headed for someone who has a very limited knowledge of Hip Hop culture outside of a very niche part. He's a pompous "know it all" who actually doesn't even know some of the most basic Hip Hop facts. He's one of them white boys who grew up on underground college radio Hip Hop and somehow thinks that makes him an authority on the culture because he got Hard 2 Obtain - Ism and Blues on Cassette.

And this is coming from someone who listened to Juan Ep all the time, so I know all the shyt he got exposed on not knowing just by conversing with Cipha Sounds.

He also disrespected Chuck D to defend his trash ass radio station's Summer Jam. I just don't like when people speak as if they're an authority on something, when they really are only knowledgeable in 1 specific aspect of a culture.
This can be said about literally every hip hop fan…they study what they like ..and have limited knowledge on what they don’t like

And have opinions slanted towards what they prefer

For all this talk about “culture” lately Rosenberg isn’t in it for sure. The guy doesn’t appreciate black music like R&B or any of the influences behind many songs themselves. I had a thread years ago ok here exposing how little Rosenberg knew about R&b. On top of that he’s the type to think rap can only be legit if it it’s in narrow socially conscious niche and stylistic lanes because he knows he can’t be welcome if it’s not

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
He’s a radio/internet personality ..that’s what they get paid to do..it’s about engagement

Hot 97 isn’t interested in him talking about his rare vinyl collection during their drive time..which is why as a bonus they let him do that at midnight or whatever because he built up enough engagement around his name
Peter is basically a diversity hire at the station. He doesn’t even like half the music they play up there and they can get an actual nerd from that era to cover his base and more. He sounds bored all the time and just whines. And him and Ebro are approaching 50. They won’t be there much longer anyways.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, basically this is three old heads of varying degrees of not being fukked with arguing amongst themselves.

Charlemane's talk about transcending is silly considering that he really does fukking suck at being a solo host.

Elliot Wilson is an old man who dikkrode Interscope artists as the editor of XXL, antagonized everyone about it ad nauseam, and doesn't understand why no one fukks with him decades later.

Rosenberg is an annoying radio personality that has never grown past the New York market (and no, being on the Michael Kay show means nothing, since most people across the country who aren't Yankees fans couldn't tell you who the fukk Michael Kay is), and his appearances beyond that are limited to showing up on WWE preshows that no one cares about.

All parties would be best served shutting the fukk up and going back to whatever it is they do.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Nah I feel the same way as u but he smoked Charlamagne. I couldn't stand Elliot Wilson but I def respect his music opinion over either one of these cats and that whole argument Charlamagne made about not wanting to be stuck in hip hop is the problem I have with alot of these cats. He basically tried to shyt on Elliot for caring about hip hop media.
Elliot is crying a lot tho. He had Drake invite him to his house only to them act like Drake owes him something. These industry non-talent leeches try to boost themselves as authority figures when there’s very little journalism happening in the first place but really a mix of insider and gossip blogging. Elliot isn’t writing any more or doing interviews showing real investigative work so what separates him from anyone else these days? He’s mad he had to compete for eyeballs in a changing industry.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I don't fukk with Rosenberg but it's hard to deny he was influential in a lot of blog era rappers getting on the radio, he hosted club shows in NY for guys, etc. Only blind spot for him was Roc Marciano, outside of that he had most of the blog era NY guys on his late night show. That being said sure he's a lame ass dude but I respect what he did for some artists I fukk with.

CTG is just a gossip clown who dabbles in rap shyt.
Rosenberg doesn’t like black music. He likes “hip hop” music. I don’t even like he likes “rap” muskc. Big difference.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Rosenberg doesn’t like black music. He likes “hip hop” music. I don’t even like he likes “rap” muskc. Big difference.

So? What's your point. He likes a very specific type of hip hop, namely 90s east coast shyt and rap that was influenced by it. I don't expect white boys who initially gravitated to rap based on its subversive nature to listen to r&b, or any love songs, to be frank. Nor do I think this is any different than white boys who love metal yet hate dad rock. Is culture part of this? Sure, they didn't grow up with their mom playing Anita Baker. But the bigger thing is how white kids, specifically white boys, develop their personal taste based on what they perceive to be subversive to their parents (or society). IE metal and hip hop. And for black kids, specifically black boys, that is hip hop.