Charges dropped against Bill Cosby

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
What I know as a former rape crisis counselor and court-appointed advocate that most people who are raped (men or women, girl or boy) don't come forward, and when they do, the court favors those on trial because if they are groped or penetrated and there is no tearing, semen or eye-witnesses or video, people dont' believe them. They need evidence, that means you can literally just grope and molest and the court is on your side. I mean you can get into the politics of the gender wars, but until you've actually seen the cases of the people who never come forward or who have to be coaxed to talk and still end up not being believed because no one was in the room, I really don't find these kinds of abstract discussions meaningful.

how else would you expect a conviction? What’s the alternative? Otherwise we’d just be throwing people in jail off accusations.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
He was lecturing the poorest of the poor Black folks. People who were socialized and caught up in a system of poverty. It's really easy to come to the hood and tell people how they should be acting when they haven't seen any example or have any resources to know better. It was weird and it didn't have ANY impact. Not one testimonial was given about how Cosby saved a life or changed someone from their "evil" ways. He gave conservative racists great talking points and validated their racism because he was a prominent Black man. Poor Black people who can look back at their family tree and see generational poverty don't embarrass real Black people. People wearing their pants hanging down isn't a social problem. There's a LOT of shyt he never addressed that were real problems, and everyone who was around during that time knows who was donating to his little "tour".
Cosby has given MILLIONS of dollars to educate poor Black people. He’s probably employed more Black people in the history of Hollywood, many of them from poor backgrounds.

GDPR Support

He was doing self love educational programming for Black children before we were even born.

What are you talking about?

:what:

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
tenor.gif

:lolbron:
CHALLENGE :damn::damn::damn:!!!!!!

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
So basically make Coz only have to pay up in the civil trial but the new DA essentially reneged on the old deal even opening the deposition where he admitted drugging old girl which also shouldn't have been allowed. Damn.

They always say make sure you have shyt in writing :yeshrug:
He never admitted to drugging anyone, why do ya'll keep saying that?

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What I know as a former rape crisis counselor and court-appointed advocate that most people who are raped (men or women, girl or boy) don't come forward, and when they do, the court favors those on trial because if they are groped or penetrated and there is no tearing, semen or eye-witnesses or video, people dont' believe them. They need evidence, that means you can literally just grope and molest and the court is on your side. I mean you can get into the politics of the gender wars, but until you've actually seen the cases of the people who never come forward or who have to be coaxed to talk and still end up not being believed because no one was in the room, I really don't find these kinds of abstract discussions meaningful.
Address the statistics and documentary I brought up, not your anecdotal experience/"gender war" buzzword.
I need that same energy applied across the board.
"rape crisis centers" need to be revamped anyway, they're built on biases from a bygone era.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
He never admitted to drugging anyone, why do ya'll keep saying that?
Ok I read a little more on this. He went to the doctor and got drugs for the purpose of giving them to women he intended to have sex with. He said the doctor knew and that he had no intention of taking the drugs himself.

They tried to ask him if he gave the drugs to women without their knowledge and his lawyer told him not to answer.

It sounds like they can't prove he did it and locked him up anyway. There's a lot of smoke coming out of the house but a fire can't be confirmed.