Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Just saw the video of Dr Cosby being helped into his home.

Hopefully, he gets a good nights rest. First night back in his bed. I’m glad he’s out, and back in the free world
At least, he can be at peace. Can’t imagine being 80 yrs old, partially blind having to fight for his life, over what he shouldn’t have been charged with in the first place. Never too old to fight or stand up to defend yourself, or give up on yourself - is the lesson.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Of course he did.
But the court was right in limiting prosecutorial power in that way - a DA should not be able to elicit confessions from people with a promise of immunity, and later override that offered immunity - the legal term comes out of contracts and is called "detrimental reliance."

fukk Cosby - but there are innocent people in prison who actually have detrimentally relied on lies from prosecutors who should be released.
Now that’s a fact

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
His record certainly isn’t clean, particularly considering the civil suits against him. Only this conviction was overturned due to prosecutorial misconduct, I’d be surprised if this was the only case.

It’s a lot harder to win a suit for wrongful imprisonment when you’re dealing with a newfound court interpretation - his only remedy may be release, not damages later.

and I’m not sure why you’re bringing up the rest of his life, that has nothing to do with innocence, or lack-thereof. He’s just a wealthy dirtbag :yeshrug:

Okay, pal.
:mjlol:

I’m a lawyer you bytch ass nikka :mjlol:
Go play with lead paint chips or something :russ:

:ohhh:

That explains the condescension and bias. What field of law do you practice?
:jbhmm:

And we're still waiting on that source of Cosby openly admitting to raping women. Not even assault, but rape (your words).

Last edited:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
SociableBriefHyena-size_restricted.gif
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Side note: S/O to Mrs. Camille Cosby for standing by Dr. Cosby through this whole ordeal.
I know the blogs, tabloids, and talk shows offered her bags upon bags to disparage Dr. Cosby, but she never so much as said 1 bad word publicly about him.
A lot of people aren't built that solid, but she's real af for that! Much respect.
:salute:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
He didn’t deride Black folks. He derided “hood rats” that were and still are embarrassing and destroying other Black folks. Some of us were just intelligent enough to know the difference.

He was lecturing the poorest of the poor Black folks. People who were socialized and caught up in a system of poverty. It's really easy to come to the hood and tell people how they should be acting when they haven't seen any example or have any resources to know better. It was weird and it didn't have ANY impact. Not one testimonial was given about how Cosby saved a life or changed someone from their "evil" ways. He gave conservative racists great talking points and validated their racism because he was a prominent Black man. Poor Black people who can look back at their family tree and see generational poverty don't embarrass real Black people. People wearing their pants hanging down isn't a social problem. There's a LOT of shyt he never addressed that were real problems, and everyone who was around during that time knows who was donating to his little "tour".

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Wearing my HBCU alma mater apparel (S/O to THEE University of Maryland Eastern Shore) and snacking on some chocolate pudding pop (unfortunately I don’t got any Jello tho) to celebrate Da GOAT’s freedom :blessed:

Imma pop one open for the God later tonight, welcome back home Bill :salute:
Going to wear my A&T gear tomorrow in honor of him on the flight to Miami. One of my boys who Ima be out there with is the one who broke the news to me. He was happy as hell to hear he got outta the pen. He’s a Morehouse grad.