"Chapter III,Vol I: The Jalen Hurts Era" **Official Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread 2022**

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
We deserve it for those years in the 2000s being good enough to get to the playoffs but, not to win.

Getting blown out by the Buccaneers back in the day

McNabb throwing up everywhere in the SB

Missing the playoffs the year after, then losing T.O.

McNabb coming back, messing up the vibe Jeff Garcia had going, then losing

Let's not forget that 03 nfc title game against the panthers and oh yeah that 09 nfc title game against the Cardinals :mjcry:

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
If we don't knock Mahomes around like the Buccaneers did, there's an 85% chance he's gonna style on us.

Them without Tyreek Hill and we got
Slay Bradberry and Maddox and the pass rush that we got :banderas:

Plus they gonna award Mahomes the MVP the night before. Plus our coach wasnt even considered a finalist coach of the year and Reddikk didn't get considered for defensive player of the year.

The sheer disrespect
:mjgrin:

But It feels so strange I'm so confident coming into this game :lupe:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
talk me out of being so damn confident that we're about to hand mahomes his second superbowl loss

:lupe:
Their tackles are really in no position to deal with Reddikk & Sweat. In both KC superbowls the script was the same on that side with their OL being overwhelmed by Bosa & Barrett, difference was Brady took advantage and kept stacking points while Jimmy left his defense out to dry until they ran out of gas.

As long as Jalen's shoulder is right and his accuracy is closer to the Giants game than yesterday points should be coming in bunches.

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
We’re not under dogs lol
I saw that :dead:

I dunno how we aren't when everyone all year said we ain't play anybody... And everyone thought an AFC team was always the number 1 team be it the chiefs/bills/Bengals

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
I’m honestly more confident in this game than I was going up against San Francisco, or than I would be going up against Cincinatti. Which isn’t to say I’m guaranteeing victory or anything, but the Eagles aren’t the clear underdogs here either.

Kansas City has Philadelphia beat in about two areas, they have the best QB in football and they have the best tight end in football. The Eagles have better… everything else. Better offensive and defensive lines, better DBs, better wide receivers, a better rushing offense. Overall, the Eagles are the better team. And if the Eagles can stay healthy and play to their standard, they can win this.

The main concern on defense is, obviously, Mahomes. I’m assuming his ankle fully heals over the next two weeks. Mahomes is a magician, but I think our DBs can handle Juju, MVS, Hardman, Moore, and Toney. Again, I’m assuming those guys are all healthy going into the game. Travis Kelce is the #1 threat. Need to contain him and make Mahomes beat you with those other guys in the passing game.

Offensively, the Eagles should be productive, even if Jalen’s shoulder still isn’t 100%. The Chiefs defense is nowhere near as good as the Niners. AJ Brown, Dallas Goedert, and Devonta Smith shouldn’t have too much of a problem getting open against KC (#16 in pass defense by DVOA). And the Eagles have the ability to run on them too (#18 run defense by DVOA) with the best O-Line in football and a QB who is a force-multiplier in the run game. If the Eagles can run on SF, they can run on KC. Offensive gameplan should be to run the ball and keep Mahomes off the field as much as possible.

I don’t expect the Eagles to stop the Chiefs completely. Mahomes and Kelce are too good, and they’ll make plays. Chiefs also have Pacheco, who’s a weapon in their run game. But the Eagles CAN limit them. They can shut down KC’s other receivers, and the D-Line can get after Mahomes. Offense can take advantage of those opportunities and keep Mahomes off the field with the run game. And if Hurts is better? Then we have the weapons to beat them in the air, too.

Looking forward to this one. Can’t believe we’re back in the Super Bowl! :blessed:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Eagles damn near undefeated with hurts
More weapons
Mahomes injured more than hurts seemlingly
Our defense is way better than theirs
We have bodied both playoff
Opponents whereas the chiefs were one possession games

Spread is right where it should be at -2.5

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We deserve it for those years in the 2000s being good enough to get to the playoffs but, not to win.

Getting blown out by the Buccaneers back in the day

McNabb throwing up everywhere in the SB

Missing the playoffs the year after, then losing T.O.

McNabb coming back, messing up the dnovanvibehad going, then losing

these dumb ass causal nfl fan takes about the early 2000's eagles

2002 championship game against bucs was a one score game going into 4

their being know video or pictures of Donavan throwing up in the super bowl a game with a million video and picture camera's urban legend:francis:

Donovan missing Jeff Garcia vibe of leading the eagles a Divisional Round lost to the saints :mjlol: when Donovan would comeback lead the eagles to another championships game a year after

this dude is one of them eagles fan that be came an eagles fan when vick stepped in for kevin kolb :scust:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Yo random but yall think they'll do a rebrand on the unis after this SB appearance?
I wanna get a Jalen jersey but I hate the font of the numbers :scusthov:

Daps
Not that I give too much of a fukk about it, but McNabb puking in the SB was confirmed by more than one player. And to add further credence, everybody saw him do it on live TV like 2 seasons later in a regular season game.

It happened, but I don't think it means anything. Detractors try and insinuate that means he was scared, but vomiting isn't unusual when pushed to peak physical levels while training or exercising. It would be like clowning somebody for having cramps while running.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I’m honestly more confident in this game than I was going up against San Francisco, or than I would be going up against Cincinatti. Which isn’t to say I’m guaranteeing victory or anything, but the Eagles aren’t the clear underdogs here either.

Kansas City has Philadelphia beat in about two areas, they have the best QB in football and they have the best tight end in football. The Eagles have better… everything else. Better offensive and defensive lines, better DBs, better wide receivers, a better rushing offense. Overall, the Eagles are the better team. And if the Eagles can stay healthy and play to their standard, they can win this.

The main concern on defense is, obviously, Mahomes. I’m assuming his ankle fully heals over the next two weeks. Mahomes is a magician, but I think our DBs can handle Juju, MVS, Hardman, Moore, and Toney. Again, I’m assuming those guys are all healthy going into the game. Travis Kelce is the #1 threat. Need to contain him and make Mahomes beat you with those other guys in the passing game.

Offensively, the Eagles should be productive, even if Jalen’s shoulder still isn’t 100%. The Chiefs defense is nowhere near as good as the Niners. AJ Brown, Dallas Goedert, and Devonta Smith shouldn’t have too much of a problem getting open against KC (#16 in pass defense by DVOA). And the Eagles have the ability to run on them too (#18 run defense by DVOA) with the best O-Line in football and a QB who is a force-multiplier in the run game. If the Eagles can run on SF, they can run on KC. Offensive gameplan should be to run the ball and keep Mahomes off the field as much as possible.

I don’t expect the Eagles to stop the Chiefs completely. Mahomes and Kelce are too good, and they’ll make plays. Chiefs also have Pacheco, who’s a weapon in their run game. But the Eagles CAN limit them. They can shut down KC’s other receivers, and the D-Line can get after Mahomes. Offense can take advantage of those opportunities and keep Mahomes off the field with the run game. And if Hurts is better? Then we have the weapons to beat them in the air, too.

Looking forward to this one. Can’t believe we’re back in the Super Bowl! :blessed:
Exactly where I’m at. Mahomes is gonna do Mahomes things even if he’s still hurt. Our Dline has to take advantage of this Oline like they’ve been doing all season and have him uncomfortable all day.

Offensively we may have our choice. They do have playmakers on defense so we can’t dismiss them.

I’m just happy that we have a shot. They aren’t obviously better than us which is all I ask for going into any game. And being honest, like you said we have more talent objectively. Now we just have to go play like it.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
It's easy to Monday morning QB Mcnabb's era after the fact. But the Eagles were not going to the NFC Championship Game or Super Bowl like that before Mcnabb Era. Matter of fact he broke several Eagles Droughts (Winning the Division, Conference and going to the Super Bowl). The fact that the Birds went to 5 NFC Championships with that WR Group shows Donovan's amazing talent. T.O. was hurt during the Playoffs so Donovan had to win those games without him to even get to the Super Bowl.

As I said, Jalen has a chance to catch him if he keeps playing this decade but Mcnabb has one of the best Playoff Records in NFL History. He currently ranks 15th All Time. Mcnabb and Jim Kelly have the highest total playoff wins without winning a Super Bowl (9). Mcnabb has just as many Playoffs wins as Kurt Warner, Bart Starr, Drew Brees and Russell Wilson. Almost all the QB's above Mcnabb in Playoff wins are in the Hall of Fame. Patrick Mahomes just passed Mcnabb Sunday with his 10th Playoff win. That's how many playoff Wins Donovan had.

Yes the Playoff losses hurt but they weren't all his fault. He took Kurt Warner and the Super Bowl Rams to the brink in the NFC Championship. The Carolina and Tampa losses definitely hurt because they were better than them and beat them earlier in the season. The Cardinals game ended up being close as well and funny Donovan beat them in season as well. Mind you he made that NFC Title Game after people were saying Garcia should replace him (LOL @ that). The fact is the Donovan Lead Eagles were contenders year in and year out. Also the Eagles lost to the Pats by 3 points and they were cheating back then. People talk about that game like Donovan got blown out when he didn't. He went point for point with Brady the entire Super Bowl. Matter of fact, Donovan passing yards that game still ranks Top 10 All Time in Super Bowl History.

Eagles Playoff Records Starting QB All Time Super Bowl Era

Mcnabb: 9-7 (5 NFC Championship Games/Super Bowl XXXIX) (#15th All-Time Playoff Wins NFL History)
Foles: 4-2 (1 NFC Championship Game/Super Bowl LII)
Jaws: 4-4 (1 NFC Championship Game/Super Bowl XV)
Hurts: 2-1 (1 NFC Championship Game/Super Bowl LVII)
Cunningham: 1-4
Pete: 1-1
Garcia: 1-1
Vick: 0-1
Wentz: 0-1

(Jalen Hurts already has one of the Best Eagles Playoff Records in the Super Bowl Era)

i

Daps
Ok, something that's been basically unmentioned that I've been thinking about for a minute. Grand scheme of things it's ultimately not too important, and Howie has obviously done a masterful performance putting this squad together. But he ain't perfect..........

Where the fukk has Robert Quinn been?!?

Yeah, he was injured for a few games, but he hasn't done jack shyt since he's got here. We gave up a 4th Rd pick for a guy who has 4 tackles in 8 games played for us. This is a dude who had led the league in sacks last year with 18.5.

Imagine if he hadn't fallen off a cliff and was actually bringing that level of dominance to this D-Line.

I know you can't win 'em all and Howie is still GM of the year, but he does swing and miss on trades from time to time (Golden Tate comes to mind).