"Chapter III,Vol I: The Jalen Hurts Era" **Official Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread 2022**

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
FnsPYhhX0AETpoH

BLACK EXCELLENCE RETURNS TO THE SUPER BOWL. JALEN IS THE 8TH BLACK QB TO START IN A SUPER BOWL

*Warren Moon never made it to a Super Bowl but is the only Black QB in the Hall of Fame and won 5 Canadian Grey Cup Championship
I feel like Vick would have led the Eagles to the Super Bolwl that year if Akers wasnt missing kicks + Cooper not making a play on the ball. :snoop:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I feel like Vick would have led the Eagles to the Super Bolwl that year if Akers wasnt missing kicks + Cooper not making a play on the ball. :snoop:

Vick and Donovan were the 1st Black Quarterbacks to play in a Conference Championship against Each Other back in 2005. And Because Purdy got hurt, Last Night was the 2nd Time in History two Black Quarterbacks played in the Conference Championship when Johnson came in faced Jalen. I don't know if we would have went all that way that year. But we shouldn't have lost that Playoff game to Aaron Rodgers who went on to win his only Super Bowl that year.

Daps

All things considered, that maybe the most painful Eagles playoff loss to me, right up there with losing to Dallas in the '92 season. I desperately wanted to see Vick hoist that trophy for us his first year starting.

Vick going into Atlanta for the NFC Title game and then winning Super Bowl MVP that year would have been arguably the greatest storyline from multiple angles in the history of professional sports. The reactions from all those racists hiding behind their faux love for animals, the redemption arc, and black QB dominance would have been the story of legends.

And yes, I will always put the majority of the blame for that game on David Akers. :pacspit:

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

Fnrqhh7WAAIHSQd
The Vets of this Team really embraced Jalen's leadership
That’s the thing I really noticed. They let him control the huddle. Him and BG do the speeches in the lockerroom. Them showing respect lets everybody else know they HAVE to do the same. What a team.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Unbelievable... Can't believe it byrd gang :wow:

My feet where wet the whole first... Nervous as fukk until I saw josh fukking Johnson under centre :dead:

How you one game from the SB and have josh Johnson as your backup qb? :heh:That's just fkng stupid and they deserve the L just for that....

We did look kinda average throwing the ball.. but I guess if hurts hits Brown for that TD we'd be saying he played a great game in the air and on the ground... :blessed:

Confident for 2 weeks time... Underdogs again like 5 years ago
We’re not under dogs lol

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
FnrSRQ3WAAMzR-e

(EAGLES END 49ERS 12 GAME WINNING STREAK AND PURDY'S MAGIC CARPET RIDE TO ADVANCE TO SUPER BOWL LVII)

AP22289724449848.jpg

(CHIEFS KINGDOM BACK TO SUPER BOWL: Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes win their 3rd AFC Championship Title. After 5 Straight Appearances At Home. Andy Will now have to face the team that gave him his first Head Coaching Job The Philadelphia Eagles.)

*The Philadelphia Eagles Advance to Super Bowl LVII. This is the 4th Super Bowl Appearance (80, 04, 17, 22). This is also the Eagles 8th Championship Appearance (47, 48, 49, 60, 80, 04, 17, 22). The Eagles are attempting to win their 2nd Super Bowl Title (17) and 5th NFL Championship overall (48, 49, 60, 17)
*The Philadelphia Eagles win their 4th NFC Championship Game in Eight Appearances (80,01,02,03,04,08,17,22) This is also the 3rd Win as the #1 Seed(04, 17, 22). The Eagles now are a 4-4 Record overall in Conference Championship Games including 4-2 in Philadelphia).
*#1 NFC BEAST CHAMPIONS, #1 NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS, #1 RECORD IN THE NFL (TIED WITH CHIEFS)
*King Jalen: Jalen Hurts makes Eagles History and NFL History advancing to Super Bowl LVII as the youngest All Time. He Joins Ron Jawroski, Donovan Mcnabb and Nick Foles as the only Eagles Quarterbacks to Advance to a Super Bowl. Jalen is 16-1 this Season in games he starter and 19-2 over his last 21 Starts including the Playoffs. Jalen now has a 2-1 Winning Record in the Playoffs.
*Monster Running Game: The Eagles won the NFC Championship the same way the won the Divisional. With a Power running game. Jalen, Miles, Boston and Kenny all contributed and scored an amazing 6 Rushing Touchdowns in the Playoffs (All Four of them scored). The Eagles Broke the NFL Record for Most Rushing Touchdowns Ever.
*The Front Wall: O-Line dominates entire Playoffs. Front giving Jalen time, to making sure the Run Game flows. Lane Johnson plays through terrible injury. Jason Kelce still doesn't allow sack. Running Game benefited from the big guy's up front.
*Dominating Defense: The Eagles Defense continued their Historic Pass Rush. With Multiple Sacks and Multiple fumble Recoveries.
*Loaded Weapons: With the running game going so well. AJ, Devonta, Dallas and the WR's didn't really explode during the playoffs. They got the targets and yards needed and scored some TD's. But the weapons are locked and loaded for the Super Bowl.

*The Coaches: Sirianni, Shane and Gannon Once again had good game plan. Strong running game, Strong Defense.
*Super Bowl History: This will be the first Super Bowl with two Black Quarterback facing each other with Jalen and Mahomes starting. Also both Coaches worked on the other team with Andy for the Eagles and Sirianni for the Chiefs. Jason and Travis Kelce will also become the first Brothers to face each other as players.

Well they really did it. Champions of the NFC once more. It was an interesting game. First and foremost, San Fran did have a really good season. To rip off that many wins in a row with all the issues at QB was an amazing accomplishment. It seems everything came to ahead in the NFC Title Game. The Defense brought massive pressure on Purdy and Reddikk got to him on a routine strip. It bent Purdy's hand back causing some elbow issues. Next thing you know, Josh Johnson comes out. He's a Journey Man who's been playing for years. The Eagles Defense pretty much brought more pressure causing him problems. Riddikk was a beast this whole playoffs. He ends up injured himself. San Fran did not have a 3rd QB on the roster for the game. So now different Players were trying to play QB. Purdy eventually comes out to finish the game just handing the ball off. It was a mess no doubt.

But we can't control that the San Fran had some bad luck with QB injuries this season. We lost Jalen ourselves for a time period but it seems their whole QB Room got injured this year. Ironically Nate Sudfield was suppose to be on the team. Of course I would rather beat the 49ers full strength but technically with Purdy there he was a Rookie. I think we still win the game regardless. The 49ers Defense did a pretty good job on our Air Attack this game but our Run Game still got it done Yes the Devonta catch was off but even if you took those points off, the Eagles still win by a lot. Once San Fran's QB Carousel got worst, I knew they weren't coming back. So Purdy's Cinderella season comes to an End in Philly. Rookie QB's are 0-5 in Conference Championships. Obviously he was injured so we didn't to see him full strength. We just watched Pat get injured and have to win 2 Playoff games on one leg basically. Jalen's shoulder is still messed up that he's basically been managing the game the last two weeks. I won't be apologize for the Eagles winning. They worked hard all year.

Sure people are going to say we only had to beat Daniel Jones, A Rookie QB and a 4th String QB to get here. The Eagles can't control who they play. The GMen took down Minny and we had to play them a 3rd time which isn't always easy. Then San Fran was on a 12 game Winning Streak. They took care of business all year long. Minshew was the only losses late outside of Washington. Jalen had damn near a perfect record starting. Overall I can't believe this team turned it around so fast after Doug left. I have to give props to the Coaches. They were young but had a lot of coordinator experience. These minds working together made this possible. Back in the Super Bowl 5 years later. Playing Andy and the Chiefs won't be easy. Andy is 3-0 against the Eagles since he left. But this is a different Eagles Team. Arguable the Best Eagles Team in Franchise History. I expect a good game but the guys really proved a lot of people wrong. They have to bring this home. Philly has had a crazy year with all these Championship appearances. Well Jalen shocked the world and lead the Eagles to a Super Bowl in his second season as a starter. Should be a fun game with some big Offense. The Eagles and Chiefs were the best two teams all year. It's only right it comes to this. Well off to Super Bowl LVII. No matter what happens, Legendary Season already.

Last edited:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All things considered, that maybe the most painful Eagles playoff loss to me, right up there with losing to Dallas in the '92 season. I desperately wanted to see Vick hoist that trophy for us his first year starting.

Vick going into Atlanta for the NFC Title game and then winning Super Bowl MVP that year would have been arguably the greatest storyline from multiple angles in the history of professional sports. The reactions from all those racists hiding behind their faux love for animals, the redemption arc, and black QB dominance would have been the story of legends.

And yes, I will always put the majority of the blame for that game on David Akers. :pacspit:

It really would have been.

That season was something special. I really wish Vick didn't throw that ball.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

Worse to Me was the loss to the cardinals in the nfcc