"Chapter III,Vol I: The Jalen Hurts Era" **Official Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread 2022**

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Ok, something that's been basically unmentioned that I've been thinking about for a minute. Grand scheme of things it's ultimately not too important, and Howie has obviously done a masterful performance putting this squad together. But he ain't perfect..........

Where the fukk has Robert Quinn been?!?

Yeah, he was injured for a few games, but he hasn't done jack shyt since he's got here. We gave up a 4th Rd pick for a guy who has 4 tackles in 8 games played for us. This is a dude who had led the league in sacks last year with 18.5.

Imagine if he hadn't fallen off a cliff and was actually bringing that level of dominance to this D-Line.

I know you can't win 'em all and Howie is still GM of the year, but he does swing and miss on trades from time to time (Golden Tate comes to mind).
He needs to actually do something in the SB. Even Suh has produced a sack and a couple key tackles

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Ok, something that's been basically unmentioned that I've been thinking about for a minute. Grand scheme of things it's ultimately not too important, and Howie has obviously done a masterful performance putting this squad together. But he ain't perfect..........

Yeah, he was injured for a few games, but he hasn't done jack shyt since he's got here. We gave up a 4th Rd pick for a guy who has 4 tackles in 8 games played for us. This is a dude who had led the league in sacks last year with 18.5.

Imagine if he hadn't fallen off a cliff and was actually bringing that level of dominance to this D-Line.

I know you can't win 'em all and Howie is still GM of the year, but he does swing and miss on trades from time to time (Golden Tate comes to mind).

Dude washed completely.

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Until Jalen wins a SB, Mcnabb is the goat eagles quarterback. Breh is also still in great shape saw him in downtown chicago last summer and he’s built like a tank

Going to say it now breh. He already passed McNabb based off potential alone. He made it to one superbowl as a 2nd year starter and improved his game drastically. McNabb only been to 1 superbowl.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Going to say it now breh. He already passed McNabb based off potential alone. He made it to one superbowl as a 2nd year starter and improved his game drastically. McNabb only been to 1 superbowl.
Mcnabb is my childhood QB, but with Jalens trajectory, i agree he will pass Mcnabb. We just need a SB. Mcnabb would’ve had 2 SB’s if he wasn’t throwing to james thrash and todd pinkston. Our defense was elite

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Mcnabb is my childhood QB, but with Jalens trajectory, i agree he will pass Mcnabb. We just need a SB. Mcnabb would’ve had 2 SB’s if he wasn’t throwing to james thrash and todd pinkston. Our defense was elite

That's true but as I got older I think his personality and how much of the locker room didn't like him factor into it to be honest. Dude was a jerk and a clown ass leader dancing n shyt and I love McNabb. I argue for the brother for years but you learn his shortcomings. I think shyt escalated with how he handle T.O situation.

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang

You can honestly say this Howie's only miss and even at that, it's been minimal because the dline is just balling right now :manny:

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
That's true but as I got older I think his personality and how much of the locker room didn't like him factor into it to be honest. Dude was a jerk and a clown ass leader dancing n shyt and I love McNabb. I argue for the brother for years but you learn his shortcomings. I think shyt escalated with how he handle T.O situation.

this 100%. mcnabb still is my favorite QB ever, but i've definitely soured on his personality over the years. even at 40+ years old, dude still sounds condescending as fukk when talking about certain situations.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
these dumb ass causal nfl fan takes about the early 2000's eagles

2002 championship game against bucs was a one score game going into 4

their being know video or pictures of Donavan throwing up in the super bowl a game with a million video and picture camera's urban legend:francis:

Donovan missing Jeff Garcia vibe of leading the eagles a Divisional Round lost to the saints :mjlol: when Donovan would comeback lead the eagles to another championships game a year after

this dude is one of them eagles fan that be came an eagles fan when vick stepped in for kevin kolb :scust:

Stop playing with me breh. I'm a 34 y.o. Eagles fan. I was in high school in the early to mid 2000s during the McNabb years and in my 20s for the Vick years.

I'mma be nice to you though .

One, the Buccaneers beat our ass that year. Their defense was what the 2022 49ers thought they were. I remembering John Lynch and Derrick Brooks being everywhere on the field. EVERYWHERE. Simeon Rice was fukking us up too. They beat us like 27-10 so I don't understand your point.

Since you forgot, we didn't score the entire second half :scust:

Period1234Total
Buccaneers1073727
Eagles730010

Two, McNabb lost the Superbowl by four points. That was a winnable game :heh: He threw three inceptions :heh: From my view, he looked sick. I remember him lifting his helmet up multiple times, spitting or projecting something out of his mouth. If that was just spit and not vomit, then cool, whatever. Either way he looked off....so he was either throwing up or he was hungover or he was just scared of the moment. Some players said he was sick and some players said he was hung over. Argue with them :camby:

“No, I didn’t puke. It’s unfortunate that we still talk about this 11 years after playing in the Super Bowl. But, no. That did not happen and hopefully we can stop talking about it. Once again, go watch the game tape,” McNabb responded during a Reddit AMA this week.

The mythology goes like this: The pressure and McNabb’s lack of conditioning — that part has been insinuated by Eagles wideout Terrell Owens — roiled his guts and he vomited in the Jacksonville heat. But there’s no known footage of the lunch-losing, only the word of other ex-teammates, including Lito Sheppard (2013) and Jon Ritchie (2014).

“Yes, he did,” Sheppard said. “[It was] subtle.”

The narrative is enhanced by McNabb’s undisputed habit of vomiting, before or during games, including this on-camera episode from 2006:

Three, we threw away T.O. the year after losing the Superbowl which was dumb. We struck lightning with McNabb and TO and blew it up the next year. The owners should have sat those two down and forced them to work out their issues.

Four, what does the Eagles losing in 2008 have to do with the following 2009 season? That's like telling 49ers fans today that this loss to the Eagles doesn't matter, there's always next year :troll: When McNabb went out in 2008, Garcia was looking good with the offense. I vividly remember McNabb rushing back (and I believe he did so) because he didn't want a benchwarmer that was a former starting QB in San Francisco (Garcia) taking his spot. And it put us out of sync. We could've beat the Cardinals that year. We could've played the Steelers in that Pennsylvania Bowl matchup and we could've won. Instead Larry Fitzgerald styled on us. And that 2009 season you're talking about....the Cowboys blew us out so IDK why you would bring that up :mjlol: Then McNabb was switched out for Vick in 2010.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m honestly more confident in this game than I was going up against San Francisco, or than I would be going up against Cincinatti. Which isn’t to say I’m guaranteeing victory or anything, but the Eagles aren’t the clear underdogs here either.

Kansas City has Philadelphia beat in about two areas, they have the best QB in football and they have the best tight end in football. The Eagles have better… everything else. Better offensive and defensive lines, better DBs, better wide receivers, a better rushing offense. Overall, the Eagles are the better team. And if the Eagles can stay healthy and play to their standard, they can win this.

The main concern on defense is, obviously, Mahomes. I’m assuming his ankle fully heals over the next two weeks. Mahomes is a magician, but I think our DBs can handle Juju, MVS, Hardman, Moore, and Toney. Again, I’m assuming those guys are all healthy going into the game. Travis Kelce is the #1 threat. Need to contain him and make Mahomes beat you with those other guys in the passing game.

Offensively, the Eagles should be productive, even if Jalen’s shoulder still isn’t 100%. The Chiefs defense is nowhere near as good as the Niners. AJ Brown, Dallas Goedert, and Devonta Smith shouldn’t have too much of a problem getting open against KC (#16 in pass defense by DVOA). And the Eagles have the ability to run on them too (#18 run defense by DVOA) with the best O-Line in football and a QB who is a force-multiplier in the run game. If the Eagles can run on SF, they can run on KC. Offensive gameplan should be to run the ball and keep Mahomes off the field as much as possible.

I don’t expect the Eagles to stop the Chiefs completely. Mahomes and Kelce are too good, and they’ll make plays. Chiefs also have Pacheco, who’s a weapon in their run game. But the Eagles CAN limit them. They can shut down KC’s other receivers, and the D-Line can get after Mahomes. Offense can take advantage of those opportunities and keep Mahomes off the field with the run game. And if Hurts is better? Then we have the weapons to beat them in the air, too.

Looking forward to this one. Can’t believe we’re back in the Super Bowl! :blessed:

Same. It's like I'm scared but, I'm not scared.

Philly has the 2nd best offense (total yards) and 2nd best defense (total yards allowed). We're legit.

KC is #1 on offense but, on the other side of the ball, they're weak like you mentioned. The only reason why I'm concerned is Mahomes is a fukkin savant. I remember wanting the Bills to win a few years ago just to change things up, and Mahomes just wouldn't let it happen. Breh was scoring with minimal effort :francis: So, we can't make any mistakes with him. Can't get into a shootout with him. Imma need the Eagles front four to fukk him up fast and early. No injuries or playing dirty like them Whiners did, but we need to bully that dude.

beanie-sigel-hard-knock-life-tour.gif

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Same. It's like I'm scared but, I'm not scared.

Philly has the 2nd best offense (total yards) and 2nd best defense (total yards allowed). We're legit.

KC is #1 on offense but, on the other side of the ball, they're weak like you mentioned. The only reason why I'm concerned is Mahomes is a fukkin savant. I remember wanting the Bills to win a few years ago just to change things up, and Mahomes just wouldn't let it happen. Breh was scoring with minimal effort :francis: So, we can't make any mistakes with him. Can't get into a shootout with him. Imma need the Eagles front four to fukk him up fast and early. No injuries or playing dirty like them Whiners did, but we need to bully that dude.

beanie-sigel-hard-knock-life-tour.gif
Coaching is the x factor. If anyone would put Gannon on that summer jam screen it’s Andy Reid