Chance The Rapper Is The Most Blatant Industry Plant Of All Time

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
rocky wasnt signed when that song came out on tumblr breh, maybe after

i dont even currr anyway

I have multiple one degrees of separation from Rocky. It wasn't a secret to any hipster in the scene in NYC that Rocky was signed before Peso even dropped :why:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
as long as he continue making good music, fukk I look like caring if he's a plant or not?

whether the industry is trying to force him the general public or not, ultimately, it's you who decide if you want to listen to him or not.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
ok, lets play a game

why would you sign asap rock who has nothing out yet?

thats like Apple taking on a designer who doesnt have a portfolio of his work :comeon:

Why do record labels sign artist from other genres of music without a portfolio? Rocky always could freestyle, is from NYC, has the connections and the looks. Perfect candidate to be molded and pushed.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
Why do record labels sign artist from other genres of music without a portfolio? Rocky always could freestyle, is from NYC, has the connections and the looks. Perfect candidate to be molded and pushed.

more time labels need to know if you can sell before hand, im just saying tho

anyway, rocky is on 360 so who cares :yeshrug:

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NOT AN INDUSTRY PLANT

dude had money and paid a PR firm... the best motherfukking PR firm in the world... CAA

that's not being an industry plant.. that's actually the FIRST and BEST move an unsigned artist can do. getting with a reputable PR firm

now before you say, but why would they take him on....

PR get paid up front.. say I pay my PR $500 a month. they will use their connects and power to get me in magazines, on tv, get me features, etc etc. cause I'm not their only client. so they'll tell beiber, "hey we'll get jay-z on your record but you gotta do a record with chance" "hey conan, put chance on and we'll get you an exclusive with Jennifer lawerence"

now why everyone doesn't do this... knowledge is first.. they buying twitter followers and worldstar slots but not realizing the real money should be spent on PR.

second is money.. PR firms cost a shytload and it's monthly or yearly..

all this dude is, is a rich kid, buying his way in. totally different than a plant

and I'd put a million that drake did the same thing.. he had tv money and tv connects.. use that with a pr firm you paying 20k a year to, they'll get all that shyt set up for you
I'm a writer. I tried to get with CAA. THEY DO NOT TAKE UNSOLICITED CLIENTS.

Meaning, you can't call them, they call you.

Chance the Plant obviously has CONNECTIONS to get with CAA. Especially as an unsigned artist with one mixtape. Are you kidding me?! Don't tell me you believe that he's just SOOOOO good CAA came knocking.