Chance The Rapper Is The Most Blatant Industry Plant Of All Time

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
NOT AN INDUSTRY PLANT

dude had money and paid a PR firm... the best motherfukking PR firm in the world... CAA

that's not being an industry plant.. that's actually the FIRST and BEST move an unsigned artist can do. getting with a reputable PR firm

now before you say, but why would they take him on....

PR get paid up front.. say I pay my PR $500 a month. they will use their connects and power to get me in magazines, on tv, get me features, etc etc. cause I'm not their only client. so they'll tell beiber, "hey we'll get jay-z on your record but you gotta do a record with chance" "hey conan, put chance on and we'll get you an exclusive with Jennifer lawerence"

now why everyone doesn't do this... knowledge is first.. they buying twitter followers and worldstar slots but not realizing the real money should be spent on PR.

second is money.. PR firms cost a shytload and it's monthly or yearly..

all this dude is, is a rich kid, buying his way in. totally different than a plant

and I'd put a million that drake did the same thing.. he had tv money and tv connects.. use that with a pr firm you paying 20k a year to, they'll get all that shyt set up for you

All that you said makes sense but then I was gnna ask where he get the money? he comes from a rich family? Don't know dude's story

h2o_proof

Thread Closed...As Usual
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Chance sounds like the product of a one night stand between Macy Gray and Mike Posner, I like Acid Rap though :ehh:

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
NOT AN INDUSTRY PLANT

dude had money and paid a PR firm... the best motherfukking PR firm in the world... CAA

that's not being an industry plant.. that's actually the FIRST and BEST move an unsigned artist can do. getting with a reputable PR firm

now before you say, but why would they take him on....

PR get paid up front.. say I pay my PR $500 a month. they will use their connects and power to get me in magazines, on tv, get me features, etc etc. cause I'm not their only client. so they'll tell beiber, "hey we'll get jay-z on your record but you gotta do a record with chance" "hey conan, put chance on and we'll get you an exclusive with Jennifer lawerence"

now why everyone doesn't do this... knowledge is first.. they buying twitter followers and worldstar slots but not realizing the real money should be spent on PR.

second is money.. PR firms cost a shytload and it's monthly or yearly..

all this dude is, is a rich kid, buying his way in. totally different than a plant

and I'd put a million that drake did the same thing.. he had tv money and tv connects.. use that with a pr firm you paying 20k a year to, they'll get all that shyt set up for you

how can i put a few coli artists on this pr firm? im trying to take coli records to the top :takedat:

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
Those guys atleast had a couple of years of irrelevancy and mixtapes before the machine could garner the buzz to blow. ASAP and Chance hit the scene with buzz. Big difference.

nah rocky was a normal internet buzz, id say because he looks more friendly cacs wanted to know more so they kept their eye on him and wrote about him, people think rocky came in the game with purple swag and pesco video but it took a while for him to get noticed, thats like sayin tyler blow up from yonkers when he was getting co singed by the gza months before that

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
nah rocky was a normal internet buzz, id say because he looks more friendly cacs wanted to know more so they kept their eye on him and wrote about him, people think rocky came in the game with purple swag and pesco video but it took a while for him to get noticed, thats like sayin tyler blow up from yonkers when he was getting co singed by the gza months before that

LOL Tyler and Rocky are nothing alike. Rocky's first legitimate body of music was LLA. People who knew Rocky, knew him because he was a clubrat, not cause of any music. When he blew up with Purple Swag + Peso is when his buzz in NYC started. Yams engineered the whole plant thing from the beginning.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
LOL Tyler and Rocky are nothing alike. Rocky's first legitimate body of music was LLA. People who knew Rocky, knew him because he was a clubrat, not cause of any music. When he blew up with Purple Swag + Peso is when his buzz in NYC started. Yams engineered the whole plant thing from the beginning.

what im saying is before the video, the audio was buzzing

you cant be an industry plant if your mans is helping you out, yams aint no suit, they basically used the the internet

KEEPITTRILLA

soon as i catch the vibe tell em 2 fetch th hearse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TX
He dropped one of the top projects of the year so who cares

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
what im saying is before the video, the audio was buzzing

you cant be an industry plant if your mans is helping you out, yams aint no suit, they basically used the the internet

LOL Rocky was signed to Polo Grounds before any audio ever came out. Yams using Pitchfork, Complex and Fader is no different than a PR firm using those services.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
All that you said makes sense but then I was gnna ask where he get the money? he comes from a rich family? Don't know dude's story

how can i put a few coli artists on this pr firm? im trying to take coli records to the top :takedat:

use google and see who are the TOP firms in the game. now those are gonna cost you a lot of money.. CAA is who jay got his sports deal with. they have most of Hollywood on their roster.. so you can only imagine what they charge for some work

then you wanna look regional. maybe a pr is really known in the upper east coast. or just in nyc. see who's doing the most, and what artists you are similar to, or that you want to be like.

there's no listing of pr firms by greatness. but I'd avoid twitter.. everybody there is such and such PR team.. and they'll charge you 100 for this or that... that's shytty and only gonna amount to twitter followers and a few online looks from nobody's

you want that.... times 50... instead of 100 free tweets with your link, you want to pay and get 100 free ads in music magazines... but if twitter costs you 100, a real pr firm will cost you 5k

read this

http://www.hypebot.com/hypebot/2011...blicity-before-you-make-your-first-move-.html

just one notable thing... a bio from a good company can cost 100-400... some people are paying 1,000 per article written about them... so yea.... have your bread ready

I don't know dude's story either... he chillin with Obama in the oval office and OWNS tobacco farms.. I'd go with rich family

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:umad:

Dude's dope, and his new shyt is gonna be even doper :wow:

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
LOL Rocky was signed to Polo Grounds before any audio ever came out. Yams using Pitchfork, Complex and Fader is no different than a PR firm using those services.

rocky wasnt signed when that song came out on tumblr breh, maybe after

i dont even currr anyway

KEEPITTRILLA

soon as i catch the vibe tell em 2 fetch th hearse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TX
A$AP Rocky and Chance would've never gotten on with any of these "industry" sites/magazines if they weren't dope. Calling them industry plants is wrong cuz its really the music doing the talking cuz shyt is dope. Industry Plant is more like...Kriss Kross

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
use google and see who are the TOP firms in the game. now those are gonna cost you a lot of money.. CAA is who jay got his sports deal with. they have most of Hollywood on their roster.. so you can only imagine what they charge for some work

then you wanna look regional. maybe a pr is really known in the upper east coast. or just in nyc. see who's doing the most, and what artists you are similar to, or that you want to be like.

there's no listing of pr firms by greatness. but I'd avoid twitter.. everybody there is such and such PR team.. and they'll charge you 100 for this or that... that's shytty and only gonna amount to twitter followers and a few online looks from nobody's

you want that.... times 50... instead of 100 free tweets with your link, you want to pay and get 100 free ads in music magazines... but if twitter costs you 100, a real pr firm will cost you 5k

read this

http://www.hypebot.com/hypebot/2011...blicity-before-you-make-your-first-move-.html

just one notable thing... a bio from a good company can cost 100-400... some people are paying 1,000 per article written about them... so yea.... have your bread ready

I don't know dude's story either... he chillin with Obama in the oval office and OWNS tobacco farms.. I'd go with rich family

damn fukk that, all this to get your art seen? CAPITALISM!!!!!