Chance The Rapper Is The Most Blatant Industry Plant Of All Time

KillSpray

Don't be mad
Daps
Reppin
The top of the City
Well Said.

This is a major problem with todays industry that a lot of people don't know about. Sites and Bloggers are so easy to control.

Datpiff, Livemixtapes, Worldstar Throw em some money and they will make your numbers go up.

Elliott Wilson and Rapradar are very shady with who they promote and show love to.

They're all in bed together. It's hard for bloggers to break free of that, because the culture doesn't value journalism. Put simply, nikkas ain't really reading like that. So how else will these guys make a living???

Dudes like Byron Crawford made his own lane with his style and humor, but XXL killed off their little editorial pieces, prolly cause of the politics, and rappers are known to be some of the pettiest egomaniacs breathing.

There's no money in hip hop "think pieces" or hip hop "long reads" unless it's targeted at a non-hip hop demo.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
At least he's not indirectly encouraging his fans to smoke cigarettes because he owns tobacco fields. :mjpls:

Cigarettes :scusthov:

I never heard of this nikka, except a friend told me about him. Not even on MTV Jams which shows alot of underground and up and coming artists.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Dudes are always late on everything. I've met Elliot several times. Tried to put him up on Action Bronson in 2011 like "yo this dude is from Queens and is doing it right now." Dude totally ignored it like "nah this is some underground HipHop shyt you listen to huh" Straight dissing him.

Fast forward a year later and Elliot is so far on his nuts it's incredible. I mean Action is managed by Elliot's partner in Rap Radar (Paul Rosenberg) but shyt is hilarious to me seeing dude who I spoke with DIRECTLY and he dissed him now act like He's a part of the Family.

These folks are so fukking fake man..........I always wonder what or who they like. Most of these folks may not even really listen to HipHop like that. Just champion a bunch of shyt as soon as it's popular.
Yeah I had similar run ins with the late Shakir Stewart when he was working at Def Jam...

These industry dudes thought processes are completely boxed in...

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i fail to see what the label industry plant does for people that dont like or listen to his music
it gives internet dudes the opportunity to come up with conspiracy theories to discredit another person grind and come up

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
IMO, Industry Plant = Artists whose sole means of advancing in the public eye is because of the industry moving behind the scenes to put him/her into the public conscience...all while they pretend to have a "grassroots movement" and be that popular because of the merit of their music.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
IMO, Industry Plant = Artists whose sole means of advancing in the public eye is because of the industry moving behind the scenes to put him/her into the public conscience...all while they pretend to have a "grassroots movement" and be that popular because of the merit of their music.

Brehnamedwavey

FUEGOLAFLAME
Daps
chance-the-rapper-madonna-fe.jpg
@DexterMorgan I'm heated bruh smh. Madonna was my future wife :(

DigitalDopeman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, Fl
The industry finally secured control of the blogosphere. If you see the COMPLEX MEDIA under these sites t's not a good thing. A MONOPOLY on information never is. It was better when these sites weren't all linked under that umbrella. Now that they are there is a hierarchy and easier to control.

Easier to push WHAT these Insiders feel need PUSH. Less independent thought.

i feel ya on that...all of these know blogs be havin the same content all at the same time looking identical. The major blogs are no different than radio...its all bout who has the most PAYOLA....aint no new artists getting on those blogs just because the writer think they dope...

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
He is leading the first wave of rap plants along with ASAP Rocky. Get used to it.