Chadwick Boseman Says Marvel Are Trying Something "A Little Different" With Black Panther

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Well, "need" of course can be subjective. Batman doesn't need a love interest either, and neither do Ironman or Spiderman for that matter... but it certainly can help enhance the characters and gives female audiences more interest. Which isn't to say the movie should revolve around it.

More so, i've long grown tired of hollywood making the black protagonists practically a-sexual, borderline impotent or just hitched up with some non-black woman. Not saying they *should* introduce some big superheroine character or make anything approaching a love story (i prefer not to have any expectations for this movie at this stage of things tbh) but i hope they do at least drop subtle signs of a romantic interest in the guy's own friggin movie (even if it's just the dora milaje) and that marvel, in general, takes a look at monica as a black superheroine to explore given storm's current unavailability.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Black Panther is suppose to have Genius level intellect right? well we know that's going to get changed for sure ain't no way in hell a hollywood exec wants to show that image :yeshrug:

He's more than genius level...he's very sharp and perceptive of any and all surroundings in ways not seen in the Marvel Universe. Closest superhero that matches Black Panther is Batman. Of course Doom can go tete for tete with anyone on earth but he's the villain of the story so he'll always have the advantage and damn sure won't get played like Klaw always does.

FrankieLymon757

All Star
Supporter
Daps
dope but yall forgetting the real first black superheroes.....every blackploitation film was dammm near a hero flick.....we rise in the end !

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade
Amandla Stenberg.
Amandla-Stenberg-200x300.jpg

I got them for storm
:scust: Shes 16 breh, what the fukk is wrong with you?? Boseman is 37 fukking years old

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
:scust: Shes 16 breh, what the fukk is wrong with you?? Boseman is 37 fukking years old
Thanks for clearing that up for me. Cause I wad looking at that pic like "I don't know who that is, but she looks young as fukk. Maybe it's just a bad picture." Glad to see I wasn't tripping.