Chadwick Boseman Says Marvel Are Trying Something "A Little Different" With Black Panther

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Saw this on tumblr. Do yall agree with these casting choices?

marcsblerdblog:

Chadwick Boseman getting cast was a home run, so these are some of my dream castings for his supporting cast.

Nicole Beharie as Monica Lynn - Since Storm is off limits, Monica Lynn will probably be T’Challa’s love interest, and who better to play Monica than the actress who played his wife in his first major movie. Nicole is a favorite in the geek community, so how awesome would this be?

Danai Gurira as Princess Shuri - Clearly I have a bias for actresses in the geek spectrum. Who better to play T’Challa’s ass kicking super badass sister Princess Shuri, than the ass kicking badass Michonne herself, Danai Guira.

Dennis Haybert as King T’Chaka - There are so many older badass actors that could play the role of the noble and regal T’Chaka, but I think with the combination of his size, voice, and classically trained acting skills, this would be such an easy role.

Angela Bassett as Queen Mother - Should I have to say anything about this? She’s already played the mother of countless black figures in history. Get it done Marvel.

Giancarlo Epsoitio as Uncle S’yan - I am making things so easy. Marvel get it done.

marcsblerdblog:

Who Should be King T’Chaka, Father of T’Challa, the Black Panther

I had to pick actors who not only could play noble and regal characters, but also men who could still kick ass even though they are older in age. I sure hope Marvel can take a notice of these guys.

1.Wesley Snipes - Who better to play King T’Chaka, than the most successful black action hero ever. Blade was the first movie in the modern era of superhero movies, which paved the way for X-Men, Spider-Man, & Iron Man. Plus he proved in Expendables 3, that he can still kick ass at the age of 52. This casting wouldn’t get any ill will from me or anybody born before 1995.

2. Lance Reddikk - With a resume of shows like The Wire, Oz, Fringe, & LOST, its almost impossible for anybody with a television to not know who this guy is, and how well he great of an actor he is. Plus the guy is still in great shape at 51.

3. Dennis Haybert - The guy can do more than sell insurance. A classically trained actor who has been in so many roles over the years, a role like this would be easy for him. One of the most physically imposing actors at his age, and to see him next to Chadwick Boseman would be awesome.

4. Peter Mensah - The sound that you’re hearing is yourself going. Holy shyt that’s perfect. Its Oenomaus from Spartacus. I mean come on. The guy is 55 and he is in better shape than 90% of humans on earth. Not only did he kill it as the Doctore on Spartacus, but he is also known for roles in 300, Avatar, & Star Trek. Plus all these things with him actually being born in Africa makes him seem like the most spot on casting than all of these. This is my #1 choice.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:salute: to him for acknowledging Wesley the gawd Snipes as a pioneer for this shyt

Wesley BEEN fighting for black superhero excellence. BEEN tryna get T'Challa to the big screen

wesley, actually fought to save marvel and for all superhero excellence, in movies.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Off-topic, but I wish they'd reboot Blade for the cinematic universe. :ohlawd: Maybe give him another run on TV. Same with Punisher (which I think would be great for TV). I'd love to see a Marvel Knights/Midnight Sons type of movie.

:laugh: I have a feeling there's a good chance they will do something to make this character more acceptable to the mainstream white audience, but we'll see.

the punisher already has its most powerful storyline in movies brought to life.
with the death of micro and jigsaw in war journel and as close to the real punisher in the comics as possible.
only movie avenue for punisher is the thomas jane sequel that has minivids on youtube that were godly.

as far as midnight sons,..
i hated that series and that is where ghostrider turned to complete utter literary crap.
after texiera left, and was taken over by ron wackness.....

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Halle was ass as Storm and miscast.

Angela Bassett was perfect for the role and would have given the character a presence despite being underwritten. Every time I see that "Lupita for Storm" suggestion :mjlol::scust: she would be worse than Berry.

they totally shafted angela bassett who was born to play storm.
i am still mad about that shyt....

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Agreed! It seems Marvel forgot that Blade was the real reason for these successful comicbook movies. During the 90s they were nonexistent until Blade broke down the doors.

marvel forget he actually brought marvel out of the red in bankruptcy and saved the company so they still were owned by themselves.
the company was fine till quesada huff ass ruined it.
i don't know why they let the lamest independent guy run marvel.
when, he failed on batman reboots.
plus, ash was never popular.
nor, was he ever really as popular as the gods of the nineties penciler guys who made it so.
indie guys got shine, and a draw, in the first place.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:scust:

Out of that list I would say Naomi Harris. I've barely seen the other two. Naomi Harris showed she could play a commanding character with good effect in 28 days later.

naomi harris and jada pinkett = two greatest horror movie heroes in the history of zombie/horror flicks, male or female

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
As far as love interests... Storm is cool and all, and a plus with the Afrikan background... but honestly at this point I'd rather they build up the New Orlean's girl: Monica Rambeau aka Spectrum (formerly known as Photon and Captain Marvel). In recent times, her and T'Challa were one of those coulda woulda shouldas and stayed dropping them hints to each other.

Spectrum.jpg

tumblr_inline_n9mvc7mOnT1sibvk8.jpg

3880049-spec1.png

spectrum1.jpg

carolmonicacaptainmarvel.jpg

If Storm is gonna be stuck with the x-men in the books (they didn't want her with T'Challa in the books so they deaded the marriage and threw her to wolverine) and marvel can't use her in the movie-verse because of Fox... then I think Monica has the appeal and power set to take off mainstream wise, esp for black girls.

glad to see someone knows about the tension between the two and the actual character.
she was great back in the day, and had a righteous fro.
plus, one of the better female costumes cosmetically for that era, too.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
dope but yall forgetting the real first black superheroes.....every blackploitation film was dammm near a hero flick.....we rise in the end !

hollywood stole the action film from us./
it is/was outside of horror and the white angst teen movie the highest profitable movie to make.

art barr

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
glad to see someone knows about the tension between the two and the actual character.
she was great back in the day, and had a righteous fro.
plus, one of the better female costumes cosmetically for that era, too.

art barr

Yup, which is why i don't get the 'he don't need a love interest' crowd. Fuk all that, why wouldnt you want him to have one? lol it's basic superhero story telling plus if they wanted to go the powered route, we got a legit black superheroine who doesn't have the political barriers that storm has both in movie licensing and in comic book editorial. Marvel actually owns the character, she's an avenger, she has a unique enough power set, a bad ass costume... and she's black female excellence... who has romantic/sexual tension with the epitome of black male excellence. That's that shyt i like!

Now, realistically, they'll probably go with monica lynne since that was more or less his lois lane/gwen stacey/betty ross.. and that's cool. but man, it'd be nice if they show the other monica some love, even if it starts off unassociated with t'challa in a different movie down the line.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw this on tumblr. Do yall agree with these casting choices?

marcsblerdblog:

Chadwick Boseman getting cast was a home run, so these are some of my dream castings for his supporting cast.

Nicole Beharie as Monica Lynn - Since Storm is off limits, Monica Lynn will probably be T’Challa’s love interest, and who better to play Monica than the actress who played his wife in his first major movie. Nicole is a favorite in the geek community, so how awesome would this be?

Danai Gurira as Princess Shuri - Clearly I have a bias for actresses in the geek spectrum. Who better to play T’Challa’s ass kicking super badass sister Princess Shuri, than the ass kicking badass Michonne herself, Danai Guira.

Dennis Haybert as King T’Chaka - There are so many older badass actors that could play the role of the noble and regal T’Chaka, but I think with the combination of his size, voice, and classically trained acting skills, this would be such an easy role.

Angela Bassett as Queen Mother - Should I have to say anything about this? She’s already played the mother of countless black figures in history. Get it done Marvel.

Giancarlo Epsoitio as Uncle S’yan - I am making things so easy. Marvel get it done.

marcsblerdblog:

Who Should be King T’Chaka, Father of T’Challa, the Black Panther

I had to pick actors who not only could play noble and regal characters, but also men who could still kick ass even though they are older in age. I sure hope Marvel can take a notice of these guys.

1.Wesley Snipes - Who better to play King T’Chaka, than the most successful black action hero ever. Blade was the first movie in the modern era of superhero movies, which paved the way for X-Men, Spider-Man, & Iron Man. Plus he proved in Expendables 3, that he can still kick ass at the age of 52. This casting wouldn’t get any ill will from me or anybody born before 1995.

2. Lance Reddikk - With a resume of shows like The Wire, Oz, Fringe, & LOST, its almost impossible for anybody with a television to not know who this guy is, and how well he great of an actor he is. Plus the guy is still in great shape at 51.

3. Dennis Haybert - The guy can do more than sell insurance. A classically trained actor who has been in so many roles over the years, a role like this would be easy for him. One of the most physically imposing actors at his age, and to see him next to Chadwick Boseman would be awesome.

4. Peter Mensah - The sound that you’re hearing is yourself going. Holy shyt that’s perfect. Its Oenomaus from Spartacus. I mean come on. The guy is 55 and he is in better shape than 90% of humans on earth. Not only did he kill it as the Doctore on Spartacus, but he is also known for roles in 300, Avatar, & Star Trek. Plus all these things with him actually being born in Africa makes him seem like the most spot on casting than all of these. This is my #1 choice.

:ehh:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Those casting choices are SPOT fukking on except even though Dennis is a great actor I would indeed give the nod for T'Chaka to Wesley as Wesley is he goddamn reason this Marvel shyt even exists right now. Without him and Blade there would BE no Marvel Studios, plus he single handededly attempted to get Black Panther made for years....

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Those casting choices are SPOT fukking on except even though Dennis is a great actor I would indeed give the nod for T'Chaka to Wesley as Wesley is he goddamn reason this Marvel shyt even exists right now. Without him and Blade there would BE no Marvel Studios, plus he single handededly attempted to get Black Panther made for years....
shyt he would be my choice for black panther if he was at least 20 years younger.
plus he's the only famous black actor outside of cheadle that knows martial arts. that gives alot to the action scenes. even at his age it would be cool to see him do some steven seagal type stuff in a movie.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
What i got from it is that they qrent going the origin route....which is good.
seeing as how he has one of the better origin stories im a lil disappointed in that but them doing it would make no sense since he's being introduced in cap 3 and his own movie comes out only a year before the infinity wars....im hella curious to see how they do this film