Chadwick Boseman Says Marvel Are Trying Something "A Little Different" With Black Panther

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
A few of y'all joking about them having him with a white wome

I don't think they're going to be that crazy.
I remember Will speaking on that topic when he mentioned 'Hitch' and how it's why he's rarely if ever had a white female as a love interest, and they were, they didn't get intimate (Hancock)
If memory serves me correctly, Denzel has had white li's but they've all been prostitutes or drug addicts.
Black AND white Americans are still :beli: at bm/ww unions on the big screen.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Saw this on tumblr. Do yall agree with these casting choices?

marcsblerdblog:

Chadwick Boseman getting cast was a home run, so these are some of my dream castings for his supporting cast.

Nicole Beharie as Monica Lynn - Since Storm is off limits, Monica Lynn will probably be T’Challa’s love interest, and who better to play Monica than the actress who played his wife in his first major movie. Nicole is a favorite in the geek community, so how awesome would this be?

Danai Gurira as Princess Shuri - Clearly I have a bias for actresses in the geek spectrum. Who better to play T’Challa’s ass kicking super badass sister Princess Shuri, than the ass kicking badass Michonne herself, Danai Guira.

Dennis Haybert as King T’Chaka - There are so many older badass actors that could play the role of the noble and regal T’Chaka, but I think with the combination of his size, voice, and classically trained acting skills, this would be such an easy role.

Angela Bassett as Queen Mother - Should I have to say anything about this? She’s already played the mother of countless black figures in history. Get it done Marvel.

Giancarlo Epsoitio as Uncle S’yan - I am making things so easy. Marvel get it done.

marcsblerdblog:

Who Should be King T’Chaka, Father of T’Challa, the Black Panther

I had to pick actors who not only could play noble and regal characters, but also men who could still kick ass even though they are older in age. I sure hope Marvel can take a notice of these guys.

1.Wesley Snipes - Who better to play King T’Chaka, than the most successful black action hero ever. Blade was the first movie in the modern era of superhero movies, which paved the way for X-Men, Spider-Man, & Iron Man. Plus he proved in Expendables 3, that he can still kick ass at the age of 52. This casting wouldn’t get any ill will from me or anybody born before 1995.

2. Lance Reddikk - With a resume of shows like The Wire, Oz, Fringe, & LOST, its almost impossible for anybody with a television to not know who this guy is, and how well he great of an actor he is. Plus the guy is still in great shape at 51.

3. Dennis Haybert - The guy can do more than sell insurance. A classically trained actor who has been in so many roles over the years, a role like this would be easy for him. One of the most physically imposing actors at his age, and to see him next to Chadwick Boseman would be awesome.

4. Peter Mensah - The sound that you’re hearing is yourself going. Holy shyt that’s perfect. Its Oenomaus from Spartacus. I mean come on. The guy is 55 and he is in better shape than 90% of humans on earth. Not only did he kill it as the Doctore on Spartacus, but he is also known for roles in 300, Avatar, & Star Trek. Plus all these things with him actually being born in Africa makes him seem like the most spot on casting than all of these. This is my #1 choice.
Should have been this.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Dennis Haybert should be Magneto :ohhh:

Righteous fury, my God:wow:

You can not race trade supervillains or superheros. As it eliminates the reason why said hero was effective. Plus in regards to magneto ruins the character beyond repair.

As it ruins the dialogue that needs to be made to that race of people it originally was created for. Which especially in the case of magneto. Never needs to ever be altered. As it inherently changes rhe dialogue and scope.
of who and what the xmen serve in print as a property license.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Should have been this.

Actually black panther should have started with Denzel as t'chaka and his son as t'challa originally. Like I suggested and we would not need two new black panthers. Plus the transition of black panther could have been done with t'chaka and t'challa. Where Denzel young son got to show he is the shyt as an action star .

Art Barr

Daps
You can not race trade supervillains or superheros. As it eliminates the reason why said hero was effective. Plus in regards to magneto ruins the character beyond repair.

As it ruins the dialogue that needs to be made to that race of people it originally was created for. Which especially in the case of magneto. Never needs to ever be altered. As it inherently changes rhe dialogue and scope.
of who and what the xmen serve in print as a property license.

Art Barr

So Magneto can't say any dialogue about being oppressed if he's black instead of Jewish? :mjpls: