Cassie SETTLES LAWSUIT Accusing Combs of Assault

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
The thing that got me doing the side eye at Cassie or any woman with these claims is when they use the word “coerce”. Unless that nikka had a gun/knife or some goon on you….how the hell is a grown woman gonna be like “He asked me repeatedly nonstop over and over again to have sex….so I gave in!” Like, you a grown woman with functional legs, just walk or run outta there. Plus, who repeatedly on purpose goes back to chill with a person who raped them before, over a 10 yr period?!

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
I would try and track her down if I didn’t know for a fact now that Puffy had her out here shooting dope and making big dikk bukkake movies :sadcam:

darkmanp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
VA
I'm with others not feeling this civil suit BS. Rape is a CRIME. Rape has no statute of limitations in New York, meaning the state could prosecute a rape that happened 50 years ago. Cassie's alleged rape happened in 2018. If a crime was committed against you, it should be a criminal matter, not a civil matter. Like the OJ case, it goes to criminal court 1st, then civil court. If you're just looking to take the money of the defendant, and not actually seek justice (by having the defendant arrested and serve jail time), it looks like a cash grab.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
My thing is sex trafficking and blowing up a car are big claims. You shouldn’t be able to file a covil suit, make those claims and have an option to settle financially. At that point we need to be solving cases.
Yeah that's question he raped her and tried to kill Cudi. You can't just say hey here's some money. These are actual crimes.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I'm with others not feeling this civil suit BS. Rape is a CRIME. Rape has no statute of limitations in New York, meaning the state could prosecute a rape that happened 50 years ago. Cassie's alleged rape happened in 2018. If a crime was committed against you, it should be a criminal matter, not a civil matter. Like the OJ case, it goes to criminal court 1st, then civil court. If you're just looking to take the money of the defendant, and not actually seek justice (by having the defendant arrested and serve jail time), it looks like a cash grab.
The standard for proving rape is crazy high. She would have had to have either 1) videotaped the rape (but who does that?); 2) had witnesses to the rape (again, most people don't rape people in public so that's usually not an option; 3) told someone or several persons about the rape (which is usually not likely because people are either embarrassed or scared that it will get back to the perpetrator); and/or 4) saved the torn clothing, went to the hospital to get a rape kit.

And even then the burden is on the victim. It's just really hard to prove rape which is why so many rape victims don't come forward. And let's not even get into molestation. How do you prove someone touched you if they didn't penetrate? Most rapists and molestors don't do it in public and they do it to people who are already vulnerable.

Daps
The standard for proving rape is crazy high. She would have had to have either 1) videotaped the rape (but who does that?); 2) had witnesses to the rape (again, most people don't rape people in public so that's usually not an option; 3) told someone or several persons about the rape (which is usually not likely because people are either embarrassed or scared that it will get back to the perpetrator); and/or 4) saved the torn clothing, went to the hospital to get a rape kit.

And even then the burden is on the victim. It's just really hard to prove rape which is why so many rape victims don't come forward. And let's not even get into molestation. How do you prove someone touched you if they didn't penetrate? Most rapists and molestors don't do it in public and they do it to people who are already vulnerable.

It would have been easier to prove it if she accused him right after it happened instead of waiting a decade.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
It would have been easier to prove it if she accused him right after it happened instead of waiting a decade.
Again, most rape victims don't come forward at all, but when they do, it's usually years later. People were saying this about the Catholic priest and Larry Nassar situation. I guess we should just let rapists go unscathed because victims were too scared to come forward?

Daps
Again, most rape victims don't come forward at all, but when they do, it's usually years later. People were saying this about the Catholic priest and Larry Nassar situation. I guess we should just let rapists go unscathed because victims were too scared to come Winstead.

We should encourage victims to come forward when it happens. We should work hard to make society a safe space for these women so that they will understand that they have no reason to be afraid. The onus is on us as a society to do this.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
We should encourage victims to come forward when it happens. We should work hard to make society a safe space for these women so that they will understand that they have no reason to be afraid. The onus is on us as a society to do this.

And yet, we have threads on this site accusing women of lying when they come forward right away. The same accusations being made about Cassie are made in every thread about a rape victim, especially when they accuse a celebrity, no matter when they come forward.