Cassie Files Civil Suit Against Puffy. UPDATE: Suit settled in ~24 Hours

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Do most of yall realize this is a civil suit? No jail time, just money, and he'll finnesse that with ease.
TMZ literally posted that they were informed that the NYPD is investigating Puff for sexual assault!

So like many civil cases, it can lead to more!

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know why...

But every time a story like this drops I'm continually shocked at how people simply do not understand the mental/emotional aspects of abuse.

She is an adult, but that doesn't mean coercion, physical violence, isolation, financial dominance and the overarching lack of support for abuse victims traditionally all play major factors in a person's decision making.

If Puff says "take this molly or I'ma beat the shyt outa you again." or "talk back to me again and i'll kill that nikka you were talking to". Then yeah...that's not the simplest situation to be in. Not to mention you talking one of the most famous people in music.

How are grown ass people this retarded?
I believe that he beat her, I believe that he was possessive and threatened her not to talk to other dudes. I don't believe that he told her he would beat her if she didn't do the drugs he wanted her to take.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
That just means the NYPD isn't investigating. Doesn't mean the federal civil suit isn't pending. Those are two totally different things. Just being clear.

And also, just because there's not one TODAY doesn't mean there won't be a month from now. But there's a lot of statute of limitation stuff involved with criminal cases. Which is why, from all my reading, this is a civil suit.

Which further supports why Puff was giving away masters and publishing (with NDAs of course) back to artists because those could be used as part of any judgement that went against him. So he's off loaded assets while also legally binding people who "could" testify against him with the NDAs.

Diddy is legal resident of California and so is Cassie according to the papers, they can still bring up the rape charges on him in that state, its over

darryl

Superstar
Daps
You sure about that??

No ya’ll only pay attention to the cases dealing with Black men. She’s been covering Trump, she’s covered Weinstein and was even the one who broke the Ashton Kutcher/Danny Masterson letter controversy.
Stfu hoe

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
he did nothing but jump outta L.A 3 hours after his man’s biggie died not even cold leaving everyone else there because he was so shook suge n them were gona get him 2 …. Hardly gangster … he ran away when he saw pac n suge at the soul train music awards … unlike biggie n cease n them who stood there ground …. puffy losses his temper on the right people or had official nikkas around him that’s why it comes across as he’s gangster but he was terrified of suge n that’s just facts by many people who were around him back in the day ….
No disrespect, but you a god damn fool if you think Puff isn't a gay gangsta. The music industry has been dominated by gangstas since its inception. Puff is no exception. You don't get to where he's at by being weak. And i've hated Puff since March 9, 1997.
F_GFt_tXwAAHihT

Menna

All Star
Daps
True. But she chose that.

My issue with hoes is their lack of accountability. Now she wants to blame Puff for what she was doing but he wasn't holding a gun to her head and making her sleep with other dudes.

He even told her to go on the site and find men that she was attracted to. She did everything willingly and now wants to absolve herself of any responsibility and blame him.

Nah, hoe.
I was making one point SEPERATE from the point you made. But I AGREE with your point. I mean I don't follow ppls relationships like that but they were together 12 years or more I don't know but a long time??? If she really didnt like anything during those years it would of came out then...

This is a regret law suit....I am not talking about right or wrong just what is.

Diddy does take advantage of ppl that don't know better, young artists, young women....Its not against the law to take advantage of young un education women and men but its evil/shady and we all know Diddy is that - thats a fact. Its rare to have a 9 figure person follow every moral law...its possible but rare.