Cassie Files Civil Suit Against Puffy. UPDATE: Suit settled in ~24 Hours

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I don't know why...

But every time a story like this drops I'm continually shocked at how people simply do not understand the mental/emotional aspects of abuse.

She is an adult, but that doesn't mean coercion, physical violence, isolation, financial dominance and the overarching lack of support for abuse victims traditionally all play major factors in a person's decision making.

If Puff says "take this molly or I'ma beat the shyt outa you again." or "talk back to me again and i'll kill that nikka you were talking to". Then yeah...that's not the simplest situation to be in. Not to mention you talking one of the most famous people in music.

How are grown ass people this retarded?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Here you go, chatty CATHY’S

That just means the NYPD isn't investigating. Doesn't mean the federal civil suit isn't pending. Those are two totally different things. Just being clear.

And also, just because there's not one TODAY doesn't mean there won't be a month from now. But there's a lot of statute of limitation stuff involved with criminal cases. Which is why, from all my reading, this is a civil suit.

Which further supports why Puff was giving away masters and publishing (with NDAs of course) back to artists because those could be used as part of any judgement that went against him. So he's off loaded assets while also legally binding people who "could" testify against him with the NDAs.

Jefferson Jackson

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Wave Rider
be surprised a nikka who proudly calls himself a bad boy misbehaves brehs & brehettes:mjgrin:
diddy-dance.gif

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
They act like Suge was the boogie man he never did anything like this :mjcry:
You sure about that??
In cases involving Black Men
No ya’ll only pay attention to the cases dealing with Black men. She’s been covering Trump, she’s covered Weinstein and was even the one who broke the Ashton Kutcher/Danny Masterson letter controversy.