Carmelo and La La on cover of "Black Love" Ebony Mag. edit-thoughts?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Yall need to be asking Angela Bassett, Samuel L Jackson, Idris Elba, Morris Chesnutt, Taye Diggs, Don Cheadle, etc why they didn't marry another dark skinned celebrity?

Someone said Kerry Washington should have been on the cover with Nnamdi. First, they might have asked but were denied. Kerry hid her relationship and pregnancy until she was forced to come out. The same one yall were quick to call a wench for multiple years suddenly becomes the face of Black love? Don't be dishonest now lol

Remember, we live in a capitalistic nation. You have to put people who will sell magazines on the cover, not no names which limits the pool of cover candidates.

151_Pr00f

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the Clouds
:patrice: Some people in here are using skin tone as the litmus test of what qualifies as "black"... I think it's a pretty flawed argument for several reasons I don't even want to get into.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
As a peanut butter toned nikka, it's obvious what the ploy is here. The idea is to ingrain in your head that the darker brothers/sisters are some kind of subspecies. So to even be black, you should technically be brown. Which leads to subconscious desire for interracial marriage, which leads to breeding us out of existence. Again, I'm pretty sure the owner of the magazine is most likely corporate America, because the hardworking black person/people who originally founded the magazine would have took one look at Lala's interview and be like :camby: On top of the fact that they are Puerto Rican, as aforementioned Lala makes it clear that it's due to ignorance and public perception she's consider black, yet she's the face of black love :troll:

Yea, I'm not with that shiit either :camby:

There's millions of darker skinned hispanics in South and Central America. Hispanics who damn near look black. You will rarely rarely RARELY see these darker hispanics on magazine covers because the majority doesn't think those darker ones represent them :mjpls: Its the same shiit but, flipped around. I just googled "hispanic/latino magazines" and outside of one Zoe Saldana cover, its a sea of light brown/tan faces. In the same manner....if you gonna be talking about black love, you need to have some black faces on the cover.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's simple to me. Hispanic women, while I have no problem knocking boots with them, will claim black when they feel it's to their advantage. And they will throw a black man with no Hispanic heritage under the bus QUICK FAST when they see fit.

So no, I'm good with these part time sistas who'll use their good hair and light complexions to get in good with the other side at the twist of a curl being representatives of black love.

You think all afro-latinos have "good hair" and light complexions? :comeon:

Bruh Carmelo is Dominican and La La's last name is fukking Vasquez

FOH
555322240.gif

Garcelle Beauvais is Haitian and has a French last name, she ain't black :dead:

garcelle-beauvais-6th-annual-essence-black-women-in-hollywood-luncheon-01.jpg

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea, I'm not with that shiit either :camby:

There's millions of darker skinned hispanics in South and Central America. Hispanics who damn near look black. You will rarely rarely RARELY see these darker hispanics on magazine covers because the majority doesn't think those darker ones represent them :mjpls: Its the same shiit but, flipped around. I just googled "hispanic/latino magazines" and outside of one Zoe Saldana cover, its a sea of light brown/tan faces. In the same manner....if you gonna be talking about black love, you need to have some black faces on the cover.

They look black because that's what they are. But yeah, if you go by Telemundo you'd think all Latinos looked like Swedes :dead:

Lala's parents.
D0quLwC.jpg

uHSBhoD.jpg

Obama's mother.
iooDdY7.jpg

So Obama is black even though he has a white mother, but Lala who has two parents of African descent isn't? :mjlol:

:rudy:

Rashida Jones and Mariah Carey are black, but Zoe Saldana isn't black because her last names is Spanish. :lupe:

You'll have folks fight that these 25% white mutltiracial people are black, yet the people who look any other black american are absolutely positively no way black because their last name is Lopez, Torres and Vasquez :dwillhuh:

Last edited:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh naw just cause these dumb ass coli nikkas over here bytching about race once again, don't think Ima let this slide--nygga why the fukk you reading Ebony magazine?

Why are MEN in a thread about Ebony magazine, yall are something.

And furthermore why does love have to be "Black love" anyway? Love is just love what the fukk is wrong with all you old ass purists, can't wait till yall gone.

:skip:Essence magazine is catered to black women. Ebony magazine is catered to all black people.

She says this but dates black men is married to a black guy. And her children will definitely be considered black.

Actions and words my friend.

mariah-carey-twins-swimming-sweethearts-5.jpg

Looks like Mariah's genes are strong.

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
You think all afro-latinos have "good hair" and light complexions? :comeon:

:what: When dafuq did I say that? I, and many here, are obviously talking about a specific type of Latina, as evidenced by the two that were in question in the OP. And if you think some of the dark skin & nappy Latinos/as don't try to pull the same stunts, then I dunno what to tell you. Another response to my post you replied to says that straight up African American folk in Houston try to pull the same thing, so you don't think a group of blacks who aren't usually referred to as blacks won't try to pull the same sh!t?
Heck I'm West Indian and I know scores of WI blacks who try to pull the same sh!t, and they don't even have the buffer of speaking Spanish to even lean on to try to fake jacks.

Oh, and one last thing, this mongrel right here says hi:

s-SAMMY-SOSA-SKIN-large.jpg

So you're right, not all afro-latinos have "good hair" and light complexions.

Many just wish they did :skip:

:camby:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what: When dafuq did I say that? I, and many here, are obviously talking about a specific type of Latina, as evidenced by the two that were in question in the OP. And if you think some of the dark skin & nappy Latinos/as don't try to pull the same stunts, then I dunno what to tell you. Another response to my post you replied to says that straight up African American folk in Houston try to pull the same thing, so you don't think a group of blacks who aren't usually referred to as blacks won't try to pull the same sh!t?
Heck I'm West Indian and I know scores of WI blacks who try to pull the same sh!t, and they don't even have the buffer of speaking Spanish to even lean on to try to fake jacks.

Oh, and one last thing, this mongrel right here says hi:

s-SAMMY-SOSA-SKIN-large.jpg

So you're right, not all afro-latinos have "good hair" and light complexions.

Many just wish they did :skip:

:camby:

I misunderstood, sorry. :upsetfavre:

I hate how the media is trying to pushed the mixed race female as the standard black female.

Its crazy. In both commercials and television shows, they'll always cast a black male character with a black actor, but the black female character is usually played by someone biracial. Even if they're supposed to be family members. :deadmanny:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Its crazy. In both commercials and television shows, they'll always cast a black male character with a black actor, but the black female character is usually played by someone biracial. Even if they're supposed to be family members. :deadmanny:
I was watched The Chronicles of Riddikk last week.

These people...
kV3pItD.jpg
PntLGlX.png

are this girl's parents.
9o1QuFM.jpg

:comeon:

There was another movie I watched a few months back where a black African couple had a daughter who looked like a slightly darker Rashida Jones. :comeon:

In The Walking Dead

Where
Baq6TxR.png
U72MeKd.png
are the parents of this half white kid.
LolnFQY.png

:comeon:

What kind of message does this send?

Last edited: