CARDI B = THE END GAME OF SOCIAL MEDIA AND REALITY TV IS HERE [all you other hoes need to retire]

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
@ATLANTA she's gonna have to transition some sort of way ... we’ll agree to disagree about the sketch comedy ... you’re right tho it often does come off corny but some way the producers and directors could take the organic spirit of her IG shyt to the small screen, it’d be a hit. Either way she has to transition . I see one more album and then possibly a huge dive as far as rap goes. Not wishing that to happen, but the game is ugly . Nicki actually benefited from a slightly better climate in rap. Cardi doesn’t have that luxury .

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@ATLANTA she's gonna have to transition some sort of way ... we’ll agree to disagree about the sketch comedy ... you’re right tho it often does come off corny but some way the producers and directors could take the organic spirit of her IG shyt to the small screen, it’d be a hit. Either way she has to transition . I see one more album and then possibly a huge dive as far as rap goes. Not wishing that to happen, but the game is ugly . Nicki actually benefited from a slightly better climate in rap. Cardi doesn’t have that luxury .

i actually have an out there theory i havent discussed on the site

i think the me too movement will eventually hit rap and i do believe we will see more black women head radio stations and we will see more black women in rap and other genres become bigger. the me too movement in rap will be heavy

i do agree cardi wont last long but i think in her aftermath we will see a huge influx of female rappers. black women are more together today in society and the industry than in years past and this is another reason why i think the upcoming me too movement in rap(its gonna happen) will be a catalyst

thats my wild card prediction :manny:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
i actually have an out there theory i havent discussed on the site

i think the me too movement will eventually hit rap and i do believe we will see more black women head radio stations and we will see more black women in rap and other genres become bigger. the me too movement in rap will be heavy

i do agree cardi wont last long but i think in her aftermath we will see a huge influx of female rappers. black women are more together today in society and the industry than in years past and this is another reason why i think the upcoming me too movement in rap(its gonna happen) will be a catalyst

thats my wild card prediction :manny:

:ohhh:

The #MeToo movement possibly hitting rap could be a thread in and of itself .

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh:

The #MeToo movement possibly hitting rap could be a thread in and of itself .

https://www.essence.com

This album was also one of his lowest selling ever. People were annoyed by the Kanye affiliation but many black women came off of him MAINLY because of what he allegedly did(still hasnt denied it). Also black women looked at him funny for calling Kim K a "queen".

Nas is the precursor to what will happen

But in essence what i'm talking about is as we all know black women for years have been gaining power and taking control but this decade in particular they been killing it in numerous industries. Ever since the Obama administration the sisters been going nonstop :wow: gotta salute them

I think even last year there were stats saying they have the most small businesses of any race or gender.

Whenever you keep gaining power eventually you will disrupt the status quo. There is no way that at some point we won't see the same power gaining follow over into the rap industry with label owners, radio hosts, radio executives, magazine owners, etc.

They already been fed up with the industry for ages. They will call out the domestic violence, sexual assaults,sexual hararssment... When this happens NY rappers especially with be most of the people affected. Most of them are older already and rap is a young mans game but this will solidify careers ending

Then the young rappers today are Lil Peeps and XXXTentacions and don't live long. You got Lil Uzi out here doing interviews talking about how he can't wait to end up in the 27 Club :dead: and the rest of the Lils being obsessed with drugs and possibly not being around long.

The women are the most level headed and more likely to be around for a long time, something else that gives an advantage to them. i'm telling you don't be shocked to see more black women running the music industry...

Last edited:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Apparently that Cardi B is raising the standards for social media ratchetness, alongside her hood persona and sexual appeal, she's also one of the funniest people on social media. If this is the new bar, most women who are trying to popularize themselves on social media aren't multifaceted enough to attain the same popularity.

Art Barr

I guess Art was right. Now we’re stuck with this Fraggle Rock looking ass bytch for at least another year

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
her lane is comedy and she’s gonna have to transition outta the rap shyt ...

new Carol Burnette of this shyt ... or even sketch comedy on some new “I Love Lucy” shyt ...

writers in Fallon did her a disservice honestly and failed to appeal to her strengths

I think that would be good for her too & it would be great for her brand making her a multiple trick pony (teen titans go reference) eventually maybe she sees that it’s more to life than the booth & she transitions to a new venture like that. And with training she could blow up.

Now Fallon’s writer not being able to get Cardi’s strengths isn’t surprising cause Fallon used to write for SNL and I’m sure he’s got a number of those types who can’t cater to everyone. Hell SNL then & now can’t write jokes for everyone. Cardi needs actual writers for people of color who can play to their strengths.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Then the young rappers today are Lil Peeps and XXXTentacions and don't live long. You got Lil Uzi out here doing interviews talking about how he can't wait to end up in the 27 Club :dead: and the rest of the Lils being obsessed with drugs and possibly not being around long.
Yeah these young dudes (making me :old:)are only concerned with partying and pills. As far as Lil Uzi wanting be part of the 27 club is because it makes even mediocre acts infamous because most of them were in the brink of superstardom or were already there. The 27 club makes all acts legendary. He just wants to go out as a legend... that dude don’t want much else without putting I work to become a true icon.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Again I’ll say it ... her lane is comedy and she’s gonna have to transition outta the rap shyt ...

With a good team of writers, I could see her being the new Carol Burnette of this shyt ... or even sketch comedy on some new “I Love Lucy” shyt ...

The writers in Fallon did her a disservice honestly and failed to appeal to her strengths, but it was somewhat decent.

She needs a strong team of writers and it’s a wrap. Her “lil 5 mins” as she says will come to an end and if she really doesn’t start working on transitioning she could end up like 50 — stuck on the Gram pulling juvenile stunts.

@ATLANTA I was right there with you and @Art Barr sayin she was gonna blow .

But it surprises me you don’t think she could pull off sketch comedy ... I really think she could with right writers .

Huh,...

I said she was potentially a Vegas variety show type, originally.
It just so happened the rap thing happened.
Yet her ultimate value is in, being a comedic host.

Art Barr

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huh,...

I said she was potentially a Vegas variety show type, originally.
It just so happened the rap thing happened.
Yet her ultimate value is in, being a comedic host.

Art Barr
Nah I just @‘ed you saying I was on board with y’all as saying she was gonna blow while everyone else was hatin.

You’ve been consistent in valuing her comedic lane .

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
The issue I have or question rather, is as more females get into rap/music industry heads, etc doesn't that contradict the #metoo movement in a sense because of the lyrics? It doesn't help your cause when you rapping about finessin, beacoup sexual encounters, etc with men. Cardi b as the lead will defeat the purpose imo. Cause they mind as well make Amber rose a spokesperson too

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The issue I have or question rather, is as more females get into rap/music industry heads, etc doesn't that contradict the #metoo movement in a sense because of the lyrics? It doesn't help your cause when you rapping about finessin, beacoup sexual encounters, etc with men. Cardi b as the lead will defeat the purpose imo. Cause they mind as well make Amber rose a spokesperson too

lol i never said anywhere cardi would be the lead or catalyst.

when i say black women i mean black american conscious women will rise to the stations and promote other female rappers who don't only brag about luxury brands or sexual encounters. and these same women will also promote soul and r and b music

truth be told something else you guys will see is if i am right, all these black women in upper management positions from record labels to radio stations to promoters will drastically decrease the women rapping about the things you mentioned. truth be told women as happy as they may appear dont wanna be rapping about that shyt

the same way the girls in the strip club didnt grow up wanting to strip or prostitute. so i doubt they are happy rapping about what they used to do. we forget the women who rap about finessing or sexual encounters had a man behind the scenes writing that. we talk about biggie writing kim's lyrics to downplay what she did in the game but in the same breathe will put all the blame on Kim for her lyrics/image and the female rappers that followed :mjpls:

You could argue Biggie is to blame for female rappers becoming this way.

Slim and Baby were originally gonna sign Kim but Nicki who had more of the buzz at the time and they went with her cause she was newer and younger. This is the root cause of their beef. Kim was even dating Slim at the time. Kim put all her anger in getting mad at Nicki instead of those two though. And Nicki straight out the gate was pushed to rap about the nonsensical content she did and Slim and Baby even told her to get the ass implants to market herself better

Even with Cardi/Offset/Migos and whoever that other guy who is ghostwriting for her whose name i forget. Not saying she wouldnt rap about this content if they werent in the picture but again, a male rapper is behind the woman pushing to promote this product because it sells. There are no female rappers or groups helping the woman speak about other topics. Its a mans world now in the industry.

But the status quo will be broken at a point. women seeing the rise in all these women in these positions will inspire them and you will start to see and hear many of them saying that they motivated them to change their content and how they dont feel "forced" anymore to rap about these things.

See im like ArtBarr i can see and analyze these things and how people move. Knowing how nikkas act if and when this happens like i said.....they gonna either run to Africa or the Caribbean and try to use the women there since their women over here leveled up :snoop: :mjlol:

these examples i named though the hotep nikkas like Lord Jamar know this but they avoid calling out the dudes.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Her handlers would be smart to transition her into comedy because the rap game dont last long for femcee's.

I say Cardi got another 4-5 years before the novelty wears off..

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Her handlers would be smart to transition her into comedy because the rap game dont last long for femcee's.

I say Cardi got another 4-5 years before the novelty wears off..

i wont be shocked to see after cardi falls off in rap or while the process is taking place....to see her become a big spanish artist :dead:

she is already well liked in several of the countries.

DivaForever

RIP Selena
Daps
Chicks on social media need to stop making cardi b as a template of who they want to emulate.Its unoriginal..

I dont think a female being goofy/silly is attractive. She gives off masculine energy. The guys supposed to entertain you because youre the prize. You dont need to try to make him laugh.