Captain Marvel (Official Thread) March 8th 2019: 7th Marvel Film To Cross 1B$

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Why is this thread randomly being updated so much, there doesn't need to be think pieces on why one doesn't like a movie

Brie is a good actress and attractive, I probably said this a year ago when it dropped, you can literally see her coming into her own and getting more comfortable in the movie as it goes on

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Nah. Would you recommend, as far as good showings of her range?

I cant really say one way or another as I wasn’t as high on that movie as some have been. I don’t think it was terrible, but some folks was like “holy shyt this is a GREAT movie” and I don’t share that energy.

You’d have to see it for your and make your own judgement on her and all the other stars in it, cuz it’s a lot

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Brie is a good actress and attractive, I probably said this a year ago when it dropped, you can literally see her coming into her own and getting more comfortable in the movie as it goes on

breh thinks he's slick :gucci: ....

how do you know the film was filmed in order.

"The first thing I should point out, is that movies are almost NEVER shot in chronological order, or in other words, in sequence of the events as they would unfold or "script order." This is pretty common knowledge, but don't beat yourself up if you didn't know already

Movies are shot out of sequence
for a number of reasons. Among these reasons are; renting out locations or studio space, lighting, weather conditions, and most importantly, the availability of an actor. All of these basically boil down to time and money"

Movies That Were Shot in Chronological Order — GeekTyrant

"Location shooting occurred at the end of January 2018"

"Principal photography began on March 19 in Los Angeles,[111]"

Captain Marvel (film) - Wikipedia

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
But see, this is what I mean. Captain Marvel has had a shyt ton of different looks over the years... This Butch war vet you talking about originally looked like this

250px-Carol_Danvers_-_%28evolution%29.jpg

Nothing you described is above

:ehh:

Looked like ..

YiVZmIV.png

YqgJLmL.png

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Uncanny-X-Men-1963/Issue-158?id=22840#12

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
They arent depicting the "versions" of the character over the years, they are depicting butch war vet carol danvers
I wasn't aware you were part of the directorial department my bad bro.

:beli:

You literally have 0 evidence to support what you're saying. The suit she's wearing in the movie is the suit she's wearing in my picture. She has long hair in my picture too just as she does in the movie.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wasn't aware you were part of the directorial department my bad bro.

:beli:

You literally have 0 evidence to support what you're saying. The suit she's wearing in the movie is the suit she's wearing in my picture. She has long hair in my picture too just as she does in the movie.
OG ms marvel and captain marvel carol danvers are different characters are they not? And honestly Larson isnt a good casting as either. :yeshrug: you talking about hair length as if the character in its current iteration isnt literally the short hair version that never changed costume

This is like defending Andrew Garfield's Spiderman by reminding me there's a version where spidey is a cartoon pig. Like....alright.....

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OG ms marvel and captain marvel carol danvers are different characters are they not? And honestly Larson isnt a good casting as either. :yeshrug: you talking about hair length as if the character in its current iteration isnt literally the short hair version that never changed costume

This is like defending Andrew Garfield's Spiderman by reminding me there's a version where spidey is a cartoon pig. Like....alright.....
No they're not. Carol Danvers was the original Ms. Marvel. Rouge stole her powers and she disappeared from the comics for a while. She came back as Binary with a major power up, then changed her name to Captain Marvel.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No they're not. Carol Danvers was the original Ms. Marvel. Rouge stole her powers and she disappeared from the comics for a while. She came back as Binary with a major power up, then changed her name to Captain Marvel.
Didnt she get rebooted without that backstory? Which the short hair iteration is?

Thats the actual question. I don't follow comics but they should have rebooted then universe twice in that span right?

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Didnt she get rebooted without that backstory? Which the short hair iteration is?

Thats the actual question. I don't follow comics but they should have rebooted then universe twice in that span right?

her backstory never got rebooted... they did I think retcon her mom being kree around the time the movie came out

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lying about what?
DeConnick created something of a masterpiece when she breathed new life into Captain Marvel. The female superhero first appeared in 1977, and originally named Ms. Marvel as a nod to the iconic feminist magazine, Ms.. She was a minor character but with DeConnick’s writing, Captain Marvel was re-developed to become one of the central characters in the Marvel Universe.

DeConnick’s reboot was also accompanied by a new look—leaving behind thigh-high boots, a swim suit, and a mask for shorter hair, a Chuck Yeager jumpsuit, and sensible footwear.

DeConnick’s comic book narrative begins with a touching tribute to Carol Danvers’s mentor and fellow air force pilot Helen Cobb—stressing the importance of inspiring female role models. Readers find out that Captain Marvel has tremendous powers drawn from her half human, half Kree DNA. Soon, Danvers is transported back in time and joins the Banshee Squadron, an all-female fighting unit in the Second World War doing battle and using Kree technology to advance the fight.

Carol Danvers also winds up being present at the moment of her superhero origin. Instead of following the 1977 narrative, where she was the victim in an explosion that would give her powers, DeConnick re-writes the narrative as a choice.

Danvers has the opportunity to prevent the explosion but chooses to let the past unfold in alignment with her current desire to be a superhero. This gives Captain Marvel’s reboot a compelling edge. She’s chosen her own destiny to become “the stars we were always meant to be.”

New author, new artstyle, rewrote the orgin story onscreen....yet...this is not a reboot. In the same publication with like 2-3 Peter Parkers. Ok man:hubie: im no comic expert

Im not gonna keep mincing words with dudes hopping in a discussion spinning the point away from Larson being a miscast in any iteration in the first place