Captain Marvel (Official Thread) March 8th 2019: 7th Marvel Film To Cross 1B$

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This movie is better than Antman and the Wasp, GotG Vol. 2, Thor: The Dark World, Thor 1, The Incredible Hulk and IM 2. So it ranks low in the MCU for me but it isn't close to the worst IMO.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But see, this is what I mean. Captain Marvel has had a shyt ton of different looks over the years... This Butch war vet you talking about originally looked like this

250px-Carol_Danvers_-_%28evolution%29.jpg

Nothing you described is above
They arent depicting the "versions" of the character over the years, they are depicting butch war vet carol danvers

Furthermore OG ms marvel and danvers aint even the same people. You must think im green or something:ufdup:

Besides, OG ms marvel doesnt resemble Larson either. A ms marvel with negative ass would have never made it on my Ultimate Alliance teams:ehh:
This movie is better than Antman and the Wasp, GotG Vol. 2, Thor: The Dark World, Thor 1, The Incredible Hulk and IM 2. So it ranks low in the MCU for me but it isn't close to the worst IMO.

Its not better than GotG 2, Im 2 or Antman 2.

CM was consistently aight for better or worse. It was forgettable but not offensively bad.

The above 3 at least managed to hit high points in action (AM and IM2) or comedy. Thor 2 was the only truly bad MCU flick. Thor 1 was as forgettable as CM but the latter had better fight scenes.

I can't believe people hated AM2 like this, they did their thing on the fight scenes

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Iron man 2 and the Thor movies are pretty bad. Iron man 3 as well.

I usually see all these marvel flicks but this captain marvel did not spark my interest to see it one bit. Still haven't seen it. This one and Dr. Strange which I've maybe watched 45 mins of.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
They arent depicting the "versions" of the character over the years, they are depicting butch war vet carol danvers

Furthermore OG ms marvel and danvers aint even the same people. You must think im green or something:ufdup:

Besides, OG ms marvel doesnt resemble Larson either. A ms marvel with negative ass would have never made it on my Ultimate Alliance teams:ehh:

Its not better than GotG 2, Im 2 or Antman 2.

CM was consistently aight for better or worse. It was forgettable but not offensively bad.

The above 3 at least managed to hit high points in action (AM and IM2) or comedy. Thor 2 was the only truly bad MCU flick. Thor 1 was as forgettable as CM but the latter had better fight scenes.

I can't believe people hated AM2 like this, they did their thing on the fight scenes
What were these bomb fight scenes in Antman and the Wasp? Beating up henchmen who can't fight doesn't do shyt for me. Ghost didn't do one memorable thing. I disagree it is better than those movies. GotG 2 is the worst MCU flick IMO, lame jokes and too much exposition.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What were these bomb fight scenes in Antman and the Wasp? Beating up henchmen who can't fight doesn't do shyt for me. Ghost didn't do one memorable thing. I disagree it is better than those movies. GotG 2 is the worst MCU flick IMO, lame jokes and too much exposition.
But the entire CM movie was Carol curbstomping namless goons. :dwillhuh: the antagonist didnt have any powers and put up little resistance. The movie pump faked the Skrulls entirely

Wasp& antman vs Ghost was 1000x better than Carol vs that space cac. Yall put the weirdest criteria on stuff. like I dont care if these are goons or not, the set pieces and action here blows most of the MCU fight sequences out the water

Captain Marvel didnt have a single scene more entertaining.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
But the entire CM movie was Carol curbstomping namless goons. :dwillhuh: the antagonist didnt have any powers and put up little resistance. The movie pump faked the Skrulls entirely

Wasp& antman vs Ghost was 1000x better than Carol vs that space cac. Yall put the weirdest criteria on stuff. like I dont care if these are goons or not, the set pieces and action here blows most of the MCU fight sequences out the water

Captain Marvel didnt have a single scene more entertaining.

I think the final action set piece in Captain Marvel is better (minus the crappy girl power song). She is fighting Kree aliens, with alien tech and blowing up space ships while in flight. Plus less of it was featured in a trailer unlike the scene you posted. :yeshrug:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I was happy they cast Brie when it was announced. But I assumed we were getting a young top tier acting talent. I didn't see Room but I saw her be good in other stuff. But I gotta say her Captain Marvel performance was lacking, not terrible or anything but I was expecting better. And seeing Chalize Theron lately she still looks decent they probably should have went with her/the older route.
Another thing Marvel Studios is the one tapping down the sex appeal. They adding 'woke' to the brand so having a hero who has a lot of T & A which I think most fans want just isn't in the equation.

The script didn't do her any favors either. Never seen her act in anything before or after but not many would impress with that material.

That type of character arc probably works better as a slow burn in a tv series format. Just imagine only having 2 hours to complete Cloud Strife's character arc in FF7R

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Meh, Captain Marvel and Ant Man & Wasp are pretty much the same IMO. Both should've been way better than what we got.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
The script didn't do her any favors either. Never seen her act in anything before or after but not many would impress with that material.

That type of character arc probably works better as a slow burn in a tv series format. Just imagine only having 2 hours to complete Cloud Strife's character arc in FF7R

She was in Scott Pilgram vs The World..... not sure if you saw that