CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Kevin Feige (Movie Discussion Thread)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I thought the first one was kinda ass, I liked how this one kinda touched on the whole controversy with the NSA, the general paranoia after 9/11, etc. Plus The Winter Soldier was a god damn savage.

Fred.
yea thats why i didnt peep this one in theatres, but then meant to with all the good reviews and buzz

but at least i got to peep it from the comfort of my own home the same day i saw guardians of the galaxy :jawalrus: :obama:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
One thing that was :mjlol:was how the movie kept throwing random ass soldiers and mercs at Cap, like in the elevator. It's like....gee, I wonder who is gonna win?

Fred.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I thought the first one was kinda ass, I liked how this one kinda touched on the whole controversy with the NSA, the general paranoia after 9/11, etc. Plus The Winter Soldier was a god damn savage.

Fred.
I never understood the hate for the 1st one to me its on the same level as iron man 1 and hulk

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't even remember what I didn't like about the first one. Might have to re-watch it.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Finally got to see it. Great film :wow: Winter Soldier was no hoe. Felt like a thriller with super hero sprinkled in when needed. Can someone explain the post credit scene?

Hydra isn't dead, and they have Loki's staff which people assume is the Mind Gem that Thanos will be after.

Then they show Quiksilver and The Scarlett Witch, who have apparently been imprisoned/experimenting on by Hydra. They pop up in "The Avengers 2".

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Love the movie but you know what? The winter soldier subplot could have been cut entirely. In fact I believe it even weighs down the film a little.

The winter soldier could have been a nameless merc Robert Redford's character and it would have been all the same. Like a Boba Fett type.

I don't know me personally I just thought the whole backstory thing was silly.