CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Kevin Feige (Movie Discussion Thread)

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dope movie defiantly enjoyed it.

:yes:

Defiant_class_Legacy.jpg

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
I enjoyed the hell out of this movie. I actually paid to see DRAFT DAY, which was actually a good flick. CAP 2 was EXCELLENT!! Thor and Ironman directors need to take notes, that's how you make a movie

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I enjoyed the hell out of this movie. I actually paid to see DRAFT DAY, which was actually a good flick. CAP 2 was EXCELLENT!! Thor and Ironman directors need to take notes, that's how you make a movie

Cap was dope because he works directly with SHIELD. And SHIELD is directly connected to Avengers. More storylines and plot twists. Thor and Iron Man only face singular threats and that's it. Loki was a dope villain but he's become the antihero so his role is now diminished.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Thing I don't understand was with MoS, folks were complaining about the destruction an shyt but this movie, with all the shyt crashing is destruction, they basically just fukked up M St and Rosslyn. One of the many things I shook my head at

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Unlike the other films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, "The Winter Soldier" minimizes the use of visual effects as much as possible. Anthony Mackie, elaborated: "The Russos, what they did that was so great was, they wanted to stay with live action, which is a dying art form...If they could build it, they built it. If we could do it, we did it. They wanted to do as little CGI as possible. That's why the movie looks so great."

During filming, Sebastian Stan would walk around all day practicing his moves with a plastic knife because he wanted his movements to feel natural.

To prepare for the role of the Winter Solder, Sebastian Stan went through five months of physical training and historical research: "I dove into the whole Cold War history: I looked at the KGB. I looked at all kinds of spy movies, and all kinds of documentaries about that time, and what it was about. I grabbed anything from that time period and anything about brainwashing."

When asked why Iron Man, Bruce Banner, or any of the other Avengers weren't called to help Captain America or Black Widow in the film, the screen writers explained that the movie only takes place in about three days, therefore, the characters wouldn't feel the need to call every one else at that time.

a few IMDB trivia items

we forget how real sets and items can look versus CGI. it's the reason why Jurassic Park still looks good today but you can notice CGI in seconds

weird when you think about this all happening in 3 days too

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
When asked why Iron Man, Bruce Banner, or any of the other Avengers weren't called to help Captain America or Black Widow in the film, the screen writers explained that the movie only takes place in about three days, therefore, the characters wouldn't feel the need to call every one else at that time.

I wouldn't even bother explaining it beyond "it's Cap 2, not Avengers 2"

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
The problem with the "fake death" is that everybody knew he wasn't dead, they even spoiled it in the trailers. Fury's death didn't have the same weight Gordon's fake death had in The Dark Knight had. I was legitimately :AustinWhat:
vsSbHGB.png
and couldn't believe that they "killed" him off. The reactions from his wife afterwards made it better as well(it was too calm in The Winter Soldier). Another thing that helped was that people were getting bodied by The Joker, left, right and Centre. From the judge, to the commissioner, to the district attorney, to cops etc nobody was "safe". It wasn't outside of the realm of possibility that a character like Gordon could be killed, the way the movie was going. Then when Gordon knocks down The Joker, unmasks and reveals that he's the driver of the SWAT van and delivers the "We got you, you sonofabytch" line
lGvoB0F.png
:wow::whoo::jawalrus:. However when Captain America and co are rescued and taken to the hideout you're already expecting to see Fury there and to no surprise he is :shaq2:.

Exactly, any one who saw the trailer should've know the nikka wasn't dead cuz he hadn't said that "I guess you're giving the orders now" line :camby: