CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Kevin Feige (Movie Discussion Thread)

krexzen

All Star
Daps
ocd-buzz-kill-160boxart_160w.jpg

Fred.

Yea, I've been having a lot of :old: feeling moments lately.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
When going to the movie I noticed parents where there with their 6-7 year old kids. I know this is Captain America but I can't help but wonder how these kids process the violence. I mean you have Winter soldier, Fury, Hydra, and Widow killing people left and right. Not to mention the stabbings, bone breaking and just outright brutality ( shield to the face, pipe to the face, Robotic arm to the face,etc.).

I mean, when I was 12/13 the Matrix was a real violent movie and Cap 2 seems almost and maybe more violent than that. And it's not just Cap, I felt this way about the Batman sequels too. I mean the camera angles, sound effects, makeup, and atmosphere seems more serious, somber, and intense than movies from the 90s. I mean outside of nudity and language, these movies seem almost on par with the back in the day R rated.

Stop being a p*ssy.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
it's all good... I think redford not being the red skull at the end and being just some dude deflated things for me cause I was 100% he was Red Skull

Yea but don't you think just a little if that would've been the case then you and think of the millions like you would've been like

"Boo, I saw that coming! I figured out the whole time who he was..... That was kinda boring and lackluster....... Predictable..... Blah blah blah"

I think they way they played it was great cuz anywhere else then peeps would became couch directors and producers and shyt, plus it doesn't overload the character!! Maybe be can pop up in a Cap sequel, or hell maybe he can pop up to challenge another superhero, who says he ALWAYS has to fight Cap.

The possibilities are endless

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang

:deadmanny: this gif timing....but on a serious note I was watching the OG Robocop and Total Recall when I was like 8 or 9. Now those movies will fukk a kid up :whew:. These marvel movies ain't really shyt when u compare it to some 90's movies violence/vulgarity wise. In the end its up to the parents to decide whats right for the kid or not.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The more I think about this movie, the more the fake death "twist" pisses me off. And the "digital face mask" shyt when BW sneaks in to kill Redford.....awful writing.

Still a damn good movie, just really really annoyed by those things. Brings it down a full number-grade for me :manny:

That laser pen thing they kept using to escape during pivotal moment had me :upsetfavre: especially when The Winter Soldier attacks Fury. The way he escaped was just too anti-climatic.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
That laser pen thing they kept using to escape during pivotal moment had me :upsetfavre: especially when The Winter Soldier attacks Fury. The way he escaped was just too anti-climatic.

Dude had a miniature light saber the size of a fountain pen that somehow could cut through multiple feet of concrete in a giant manhole sized circle like they bought that shyt at ACME or something. :dead:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Dude had a miniature light saber the size of a fountain pen that somehow could cut through multiple feet of concrete in a giant manhole sized circle like they bought that shyt at ACME or something. :dead:

LOL... the guy fitz from agents of shield made it...

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
yall really acting like this isnt supposed to happen?

nick fury the biggest spy on the face the of planet

is he not supposed to fake his death at some point?
:why:

Dude is like James Bond and Jason Bourne mixed with Shaft but he can't fake his death?

I bet yall were surprised when it turned black widow was lying too :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
Dope movie, action scenes really did Cap justice. Fury, Widow, Falcon and all the supporting cast got shine too.

Because they are I guess considered a part of the avengers universe too and got a lot of their recognition from there , now their parentage will have to be changed of course and they'll be called marvels

they might just not outright say magneto is their father but sneak in sly subliminals about it

dunno why fox, sony and marvel/disney cant at least work out a deal where the characters can show up in each others films or somethin

Last edited:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
dunno why fox, sony and marvel/disney cant at least work out a deal where the characters can show up in each others films or somethin

I bet Marvel Studios would if the offer was made. I remember reading somewhere Kevin Feige said a crossover would be awesome. I think Fox/Sony are the holdouts. They don't want the competition making more money than them. I'm only guessing though.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I keep telling people, the film is dope MAINLY because of the action, but it's story-telling is weak and it's arch is too cliché that we repeatedly seen with Marvel

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
I was probably dumb for this, but I was legitimately excited that they'd actually killed of Nick Fury. Not because I dislike the character at all, but because it would take incredible balls to do so

I was kinda :rudy: when it was revealed that they faked his death. Kind of tired plot device, even down to the "slowed hearbeat" trick. Oh well.

I'd read before the film that the movie was a "game changer" for the MCU (and I'd avoided almost every extra trailer and all other info), so I bought in when he was "dead"....I was even thinking about Sam Jack's 9-picture deal like :lupe: during the movie.

The more I think about this movie, the more the fake death "twist" pisses me off. And the "digital face mask" shyt when BW sneaks in to kill Redford.....awful writing.

Still a damn good movie, just really really annoyed by those things. Brings it down a full number-grade for me :manny:

Very much agree. Movie was on awesome and was looking like it was going to be the GOAT for the first hour.

The Nick Fury fake death was unnecessary, the digital face mask was a cop out, and the fact that dude wasn't Red Skull and was just some dude that ran shyt that wasn't in the previous movies and not some kind of comic villain made it anticlimactic.

Still liked it, just thought the movie had such an amazing start and then fell off towards the end with that shyt.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
yall really acting like this isnt supposed to happen?

nick fury the biggest spy on the face the of planet

is he not supposed to fake his death at some point?
:why:

Dude is like James Bond and Jason Bourne mixed with Shaft but he can't fake his death?

I bet yall were surprised when it turned black widow was lying too :mjlol:

He has faked his death like 100 times in comics...low key i was hoping that fury said that was just a life model decoy :youngsabo:

and just walked into the conference room 100% unscathed