CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Kevin Feige (Movie Discussion Thread)

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
This is going to be one of them movies that holds up well.

I just watched The Avengers for the first time in about a year and a half....dare I say that shyt is kinda garbage?

A lot of the writing was cheesy as fukk.Robert Downey Jr's swag nh saved that shyt and made it somewhat bearable.

It was a big deal seeing all those superheroes together, but beyond that, the movie itself was barely above average.I don't feel the need to ever watch that shyt again.

TBH, I'd like to see what the Russo Brothers could do with The Avengers.Joss Whedon better do his thing with the Avengers sequel.Judging by the 1st one, he's overrated as fukk right now.People worship him like a god.

He did a good job of forming the Avengers into a team.I'll give him props for that.Hopefully the 1st Avengers was just a sacrifial lamb.

After seeing what the Russo's did with Cap 2, I'm ready to see them get a chance to direct an Avengers sequel

I think they just scratched the surface. My theory but..

Captain America 2 was better because he worked directly with SHIELD and there are more moving parts. The first Captain America was an origins movie but it again had direct ties to The Shield as it set up the first Avengers movie.

Iron Man 2 and 3 wasn't as good because they didn't or couldn't create a big enough villain/threat that would warrant Shield involvement. And unlike Captain America, they have asked RDJ to carry the whole movie by himself. Iron Man 3 was a throw away flick imo and they knew they would get away with it.

Thor should've been better. I gave the first one a pass because it was an origins movie but I honestly felt the fukked up by including the Portman love angle. It forced the conflict back to earth. Thor should only have to come to earth to team up with the Avengers basically. They have wasted Thor 2 by filming too much on earth.

Hulk hasn't been fukked up because they didn't make a sequel. It wouldn't really make sense to do a Hulk 2 because of how they set up his character. The first 2 hulks revolved around him running from the government. He stopped running in the Avengers.

At this point the only thing I could do to spice up everything is be introducing new characters which is what they're doing now. Put some distance between sequels and let us :eat: in the mean time.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Thor should've been better. I gave the first one a pass because it was an origins movie but I honestly felt the fukked up by including the Portman love angle. It forced the conflict back to earth. Thor should only have to come to earth to team up with the Avengers basically. They have wasted Thor 2 by filming too much on earth.

I, like almost every other person in the world, absolutely hated that love angle. They had no chemistry and Jane Foster is about as interesting as Rachel Dawes. But from a conceptual standpoint, I completely understand why the writers did it. Thor needed a reason to come back to/care about Earth. The writers just took the easy way out and used a woman.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I, like almost every other person in the world, absolutely hated that love angle. They had no chemistry and Jane Foster is about as interesting as Rachel Dawes. But from a conceptual standpoint, I completely understand why the writers did it. Thor needed a reason to come back to/care about Earth. The writers just took the easy way out and used a woman.

I get all that but it's not that he fell in love its how they did it. Thor not only fell in love with the FIRST woman he met but it all happened in a matter of 48 hours. I would've rather he fell in love with a SHIELD agent or some shyt. But again the earth angle got squeezed because the main plot was on Asgard. They would've been better off banishing Thor to earth early in the flick and made the story about him being a prisoner or some shyt on earth. That's why Thor 2's story was fukked up when he went back to earh.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I get all that but it's not that he fell in love its how they did it. Thor not only fell in love with the FIRST woman he met but it all happened in a matter of 48 hours. I would've rather he fell in love with a SHIELD agent or some shyt. But again the earth angle got squeezed because the main plot was on Asgard. They would've been better off banishing Thor to earth early in the flick and made the story about him being a prisoner or some shyt on earth. That's why Thor 2's story was fukked up when he went back to earh.
Yeah, it was all around sloppy. I think, near the end, they just assumed the Marvel brand would carry the movie and make everybody ignore the lazy writing.

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
This is going to be one of them movies that holds up well.

I just watched The Avengers for the first time in about a year and a half....dare I say that shyt is kinda garbage?

A lot of the writing was cheesy as fukk.Robert Downey Jr's swag nh saved that shyt and made it somewhat bearable.

It was a big deal seeing all those superheroes together, but beyond that, the movie itself was barely above average.I don't feel the need to ever watch that shyt again.

TBH, I'd like to see what the Russo Brothers could do with The Avengers.Joss Whedon better do his thing with the Avengers sequel.Judging by the 1st one, he's overrated as fukk right now.People worship him like a god.

He did a good job of forming the Avengers into a team.I'll give him props for that.Hopefully the 1st Avengers was just a sacrifial lamb.

After seeing what the Russo's did with Cap 2, I'm ready to see them get a chance to direct an Avengers sequel
Cosign. Def not a movie that I wanted to watch again. IMO this and iron man 1 are def the best movies in the marvel universe.

krexzen

All Star
Daps
I think they just scratched the surface. My theory but..

Captain America 2 was better because he worked directly with SHIELD and there are more moving parts. The first Captain America was an origins movie but it again had direct ties to The Shield as it set up the first Avengers movie.

Iron Man 2 and 3 wasn't as good because they didn't or couldn't create a big enough villain/threat that would warrant Shield involvement. And unlike Captain America, they have asked RDJ to carry the whole movie by himself. Iron Man 3 was a throw away flick imo and they knew they would get away with it.

Hulk hasn't been fukked up because they didn't make a sequel. It wouldn't really make sense to do a Hulk 2 because of how they set up his character. The first 2 hulks revolved around him running from the government. He stopped running in the Avengers.

At this point the only thing I could do to spice up everything is be introducing new characters which is what they're doing now. Put some distance between sequels and let us :eat: in the mean time.

Yeah, the supporting cast and the importance they give to them really makes this movie. This felt more than just a Captain America movie.

The Iron Man movies seem to get a little too obsessed with RDJ. The Iron Man movies would've been better served fleshing out and letting the supporting characters stand out more on their own.

The problem with Thor is that the scientist crew just doesn't really seem to mesh. The scientist and the Asgardians are just polar opposites and the love story seems forced.

With Cap 2 all the characters really seem meaningful, and necessary for the story to play out.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
I thought this was good, 8 or 8.5 out of 10...

First hour it was looking like a top 3 superhero movie ever (basically a Superhero version of the Bourne movies) then I think it lost some momentum... doesn't make sense why at least Iron Man wouldn't be there to help.

The scene at the beginning where Captain was straight up sprinting on that ship taking dudes out was my favorite part.

I was waiting for Redford to rip off his face and reveal to be Red Skull, I don't know why they didn't go with that.

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz

First hour it was looking like a top 3 superhero movie ever (basically a Superhero version of the Bourne movies) then I think it lost some momentum... doesn't make sense why at least Iron Man wouldn't be there to help.

The scene at the beginning where Captain was straight up sprinting on that ship taking dudes out was my favorite part.

I was waiting for Redford to rip off his face and reveal to be Red Skull, I don't know why they didn't go with that.

I agree with everything u said

Redskull + one more avenger to save the day with a quick cameo

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

I agree with everything u said

Redskull + one more avenger to save the day with a quick cameo

Uuuuuuummmmm...... How can Ironman make a save when he was fukked up, hiding out in some kids basement with a fukked up suit and no contact from the world?

Or Thor for that manner, who was avenging his mother with Loki?

It's already been established that Fury told Cap not to trust anyone and since Hawkeye is an agent of Shield, Cap pretty much took that literal hence why he went to Falcon vs anyone else.

Also, Banner has no real contact with anyone so he prolly had no idea what was going on and was hundreds of miles across the world

So again? How was anyone suppose to help?

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
people be asking for too much and be on some nit picky sh.it

i saw some losers article about why would cap have nirvana in his notebook any random shield agent could told him to check them out :yeshrug:

why use the howard stark from the cap movie and not the one in iron man 2 cause cap knows what Howard stark 1940 version looks like not the 1960 verison .. :yeshrug:

and yeah iron man flying by and shooting a power blast would make it like a fu.cking streets rage game ... :lolbron:

winter solider it own story let it breath ..

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Uuuuuuummmmm...... How can Ironman make a save when he was fukked up, hiding out in some kids basement with a fukked up suit and no contact from the world?

Or Thor for that manner, who was avenging his mother with Loki?

It's already been established that Fury told Cap not to trust anyone and since Hawkeye is an agent of Shield, Cap pretty much took that literal hence why he went to Falcon vs anyone else.

Also, Banner has no real contact with anyone so he prolly had no idea what was going on and was hundreds of miles across the world

So again? How was anyone suppose to help?

Yeah, I also figured that the events in the Phase 2 sequels were all happening concurrently, which is why they weren't all jumping into the aid of one another.