CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Kevin Feige (Movie Discussion Thread)

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Saw it today... Definitely better than the 1st... Good number of twists and the after credits seen :yes:

And the actions scenes were really good. I hope falcon stays around, good to see a brotha put in work
:ld: u must be white, I am surprised with all the gushing over the addition of falcon when his presence basically gives marvel a get out of jail card on introducing any other black characters

ps he wasn't a nuisance but I detest the actor, he cant possibly be oblivious to how hes being used but he'll take these roles anyway for the money. Any role this guy appears in alongside a white lead he defers to them like hes their little brother only he happens to be a grown ass black man..Look at the lines they had him using "i do everything he (cap) does but slower" when a fellow black ask him to make a choice as an individual...With the presence of tyler perry productions (which appeal to the lowest common denominator) the influx of slave/maid laden movies hollywood are clearly going back to basics. And this dude and most likely the micheal b jordans are the new type of blacks we are going to see on the silver screen.As an 80s baby that saw the movement of strong black protagonists and bumbling white sidekicks/supporting,all the way through to the early 00s Anthony Mackie stands as a parasite

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
Just reading through the thread. Can't believe people had the nerve to say that bane/batman fight was better than cap/winter solider :heh:
The old 1960 batman show had better fight scenes than that joint. The only thing I liked about that bane fight was all the ether he was dropping on bat while making him look :flabbynsick:
The best part of the cap fight was when they were up close and Bucky was shooting close range. Kinda reminded my of a slept on movie called equilibrium

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:ld: u must be white, I am surprised with all the gushing over the addition of falcon when his presence basically gives marvel a get out of jail card on introducing any other black characters

ps he wasn't a nuisance but I detest the actor, he cant possibly be oblivious to how hes being used but he'll take these roles anyway for the money. Any role this guy appears in alongside a white lead he defers to them like hes their little brother only he happens to be a grown ass black man..Look at the lines they had him using "i do everything he (cap) does but slower" when a fellow black ask him to make a choice as an individual...With the presence of tyler perry productions (which appeal to the lowest common denominator) the influx of slave/maid laden movies hollywood are clearly going back to basics. And this dude and most likely the micheal b jordans are the new type of blacks we are going to see on the silver screen.As an 80s baby that saw the movement of strong black protagonists and bumbling white sidekicks/supporting,all the way through to the early 00s Anthony Mackie stands as a parasite

First of all, Nick Fury was in the movie, too, as you noted, and he had some great scenes himself, and is the definition of the Black character who runs shyt and doesn't take orders from anyone. Second, in the context of Captain America storylines, Falcon was always a sidekick. This wasn't a solo Falcon movie, so him being a sidekick is completely consistent with his past as a comic character in Cap storylines. Third, Cap is a legend in the Marvel universe, so Falcon's deference to him makes sense in the context of the story. Falcon was a man with no superpowers and less rank, experience, etc, than him. Naturally he's going to defer to Cap. You're reaching here, bruh. I don't see how any tapdancing behavior was actually in the film.

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
That's not the best example because the story of T2 is all about our heroes doing everything they can to prevent "Judgement Day". It's a vital piece of the plot.

But in Cap 2 the winter soldier was really just a secondary villain. Yea I know he had ties to Cap's past but if you remove him from the story completely... thw e movie carries on roughly the same without him just minus some really cool fight scenes. So I'm saying for a character with such a minor role as it pertains to the overall story, it's kind of odd they chose to name the movie after him. In retrospect there were probably 100 more fitting titles than "The Winter Soldier".
u are looking too deep into it man, all through the flick cap is portrayed gawd like and on the other side of the spectrum we see this mysterious dude with the same abilities when they finally throwdown they're are seen as equals. Clearly this flick was an introduction and hes still going to play a part in other instalments. Besides the way I see it von strucker is the villain, redford and everything hydra related (ie the winter soldier) are just clogs, TWS being a very dangerous one equal to cap

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
First of all, Nick Fury was in the movie, too, as you noted, and he had some great scenes himself, and is the definition of the Black character who runs shyt and doesn't take orders from anyone.
the same nick fury that they had iterate "well cap it looks like u are giving the orders now".That scene on the surface could've been perceived one way but when you take a deeper look it was a panther practically yielding his position to a Aryan.Which goes back to my point of Hollywood;s dissolution of the strong black representation I mean even nick fury had to eventually realize he had to follow orders from the white savior..
Second, in the context of Captain America storylines, Falcon was always a sidekick. This wasn't a solo Falcon movie. Third, Cap is a legend in the Marvel universe. Falcon was a man with no superpowers and less rank, experience, etc, than him. Naturally he's going to defer to Cap. You're reaching here, bruh. I don't see how any tapdancing behavior was actually in the film.
you are going on a tangent and fabricating stuff to anchor your point, I never said or asked for a falcon movie nor did I expect him to be lead.Remember I said the falcon was not a nuisance my problem is with the actor. Whats that saying about a recurring theme? first time is a fluke, 2nd is a coincidence 3rd time is a trend. Well he didn't need to take this role but the fact that marvel execs had him in mind when casting illustrates my point on the perception this actor projects when on screen with a cac

Daps
Reppin
NULL

:patrice:......I mostly agree, though.It seems like Nick Fury is the only "Alpha" cat nikkaz are going to get from Marvel.

That being said, I think Falcon is a good addition to the Marvel Universe(movie continuity).By the end of the flick, the chemistry between him and Cap>>>>>>Stark & Rhodey IMO nh

At the showing I went to, the audience loved him.They :russ:at damn near anything he said.

Damn near every movie in the Marvel Universe rates high on the cheese factor.The only movie I can say I thoroughly enjoyed was Iron Man 1.The Avengers is up there strictly for the spectacle of seeing a bunch of superheroes team up and fight together.I really didn't like the feel of the camera they used.A lot of those shots on the Helicarrier felt TV'ish/ dreary.Movie totally has no replay value to me.I actually enjoy watching The Incredible Hulk(People say it's a bad movie, but it was light on the cheese, and the fight with Abomination was raw as shyt IMO) more than Avengers.The Winter Soldier's not The Godfather, but in comparison to the rest of the shyt they've made, it sits at the top of my list right now.

Hopefully we'll get that Black Panther movie one day.More than likely, we're about 5-6 years away from that

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Finally I thought I was the only one that thought that way. I even made a thread about it a while back, that nikka the go to black sidekick n:shaq2:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Just got back from seeing it.

1. I'm glad I only watched the first episode of The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D because the movie felt like a 2 hour special of the show. Had I watched the entire season so far I would've been burnt out.

2. The movie was dope as fukk and I like how they've incorporated Hydra into everything.

3. Seeing Scarlett Witch and Quick Silver just made me :rudy: @ the fact Marvel doesn't own the rights to X-Men. If they didn't they would have the entire game on lock.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
the same nick fury that they had iterate "well cap it looks like u are giving the orders now".That scene on the surface could've been perceived one way but when you take a deeper look it was a panther practically yielding his position to a Aryan.Which goes back to my point of Hollywood;s dissolution of the strong black representation I mean even nick fury had to eventually realize he had to follow orders from the white savior..

you are going on a tangent and fabricating stuff to anchor your point, I never said or asked for a falcon movie nor did I expect him to be lead.Remember I said the falcon was not a nuisance my problem is with the actor. Whats that saying about a recurring theme? first time is a fluke, 2nd is a coincidence 3rd time is a trend. Well he didn't need to take this role but the fact that marvel execs had him in mind when casting illustrates my point on the perception this actor projects when on screen with a cac

Can you explain how it was a panther yielding his position to an Aryan? And don't you think having 2 Black characters onscreen who disagree on things is actually progress? And Nick Fury didn't follow anyone's orders. He didn't want Shield to go, and it had to go, but it's not like Cap made all the plans and told him what to do beyond that.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I never doubted cap for a second these movies are def like the star wars trilogy gets better with each movie. I am however dissapointed red skull didn't come back, but I'm sure they are saving that for some other time down the line when stakes are at an alltime high

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
That's not the best example because the story of T2 is all about our heroes doing everything they can to prevent "Judgement Day". It's a vital piece of the plot.

But in Cap 2 the winter soldier was really just a secondary villain. Yea I know he had ties to Cap's past but if you remove him from the story completely... the movie carries on roughly the same without him just minus some really cool fight scenes. So I'm saying for a character with such a minor role as it pertains to the overall story, it's kind of odd they chose to name the movie after him. In retrospect there were probably 100 more fitting titles than "The Winter Soldier".
A title is supposed draw the audience in or sell the product, not summarize it. Are we seriously arguing this?

Tron isnt about Tron, its about Finn.
Grapes of Wrath isnt about vengeful grapes.
Chrono Trigger is barely in the game and even then you can skip its relevant story points.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire isnt about the Goblet...the Goblet has virtually no impact on the story at all.