CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Kevin Feige (Movie Discussion Thread)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The fight scenes were great...some of the best fight choreography I have seen in any of these super-hero movies.

All of the big action scenes were well done actually.

Cap and Black Widow finally seemed like fully formed 3-dimensional characters thanks to this film and the chemistry between Cap and Falcon was really good.

Liked Frank Grillo as a pre-Crossbones Brock Rumlow was cool and I can't wait to see what they do with the character going forward.

The after-credits scenes were great especially coming off how disappointing the ones in the last Thor movie were.

The stuff about Hydra being responsible for every bad thing that has happened politically since WW2 was just stupid and corny.

There was no really great villain in this movie. The Winter Soldier was completely devoid of personality and Pierce was generic as fukk. I couldn't have been the only person hoping Robert Redford would have peeled his face off to reveal that he was really The Red Skull.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Is this the first time a movie thread got stickied? I can't recall whether its been done before or not.
I don't remember tbh. I had breaking bad stickied and might replace one of the games for a show soon.

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis
Well this was the best Marvel movie they have ever made to me. Good action and an actual DAMN plot. I will give them this...They were really trying to kill Fury in that car! LOL Holy shyt!!!

I just came back from seeing this movie last night and HOLY shyt that scene had me litterally on my feet i was so amp during that scene it was just so amazing. everything about this movie is amazing honestly. its like once the hype dies down u wanna be like "eh it was just alright" but u know u'd be nitpicking and hating. experiences like this in the theatre only come once in a life time. i paid $12 for a ticket but didnt feel bad about it one time.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Can you explain how it was a panther yielding his position to an Aryan? And don't you think having 2 Black characters onscreen who disagree on things is actually progress? And Nick Fury didn't follow anyone's orders. He didn't want Shield to go, and it had to go, but it's not like Cap made all the plans and told him what to do beyond that.
that's just it tho they didn't disagree cuz for that to happen in the 1st place falcon would have to think for himself.But as we saw he was just down with cap no matter what, its like "where do u want me cap" "top bunk or bottom bunk" :camby:

ps stand corrected on the other point

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I just came back from seeing this movie last night and HOLY shyt that scene had me literally on my feet i was so amp during that scene it was just so amazing. everything about this movie is amazing honestly. its like once the hype dies down u wanna be like "eh it was just alright" but u know u'd be nitpicking and hating. experiences like this in the theatre only come once in a life time. i paid $12 for a ticket but didnt feel bad about it one time.
the beautiful thing is the 1st flick was so shyt I couldn't sit through it after the 7 minute mark.With the sort of complacent to awful way phase 2 has been going I entered this movie with really low expectations and man was it a welcome surprise.Last time a superhero movie surprised me like that was TDK..Due to nostalgia ppl will say ironman is still the best marvel movie (outside avengers) but TWS beats it :yeshrug:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
:stopitslime:

Cap is the worlds greatest soldier.... the first ever super-soldier...Falcon is a regular human being....when he says he does everything slower..there isn't some hidden racial element to the line that the directors were conspiring just to say white people are better.. its because cap is fukking faster

about the "white savior" bit....no sh*t the movie is called Captain America..

not Falcon or Nick Fury

Nick respects Cap, so why wouldn't he give him leadership
ask yourself a question and be honest would that line be in the movie if this was made in the late 80s or 90s? if your answer is yes then u my friend are a pathological liar

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis
the beautiful thing is the 1st flick was so shyt I couldn't sit through it after the 7 minute mark.With the sort of complacent to awful way phase 2 has been going I entered this movie with really low expectations and man was it a welcome surprise.Last time a superhero movie surprised me like that was TDK..Due to nostalgia ppl will say ironman is still the best marvel movie (outside avengers) but TWS beats it :yeshrug:

yea i seriously stayed out of every thread and didnt read any reviews before i went in as to not raise or lower expectations, and man was i COMPLETELY thrown off. it wasnt ANYTHING like i thought it was gonna be. i seriously expected "captain america is back than winter soldier is some bad guy tryna take over the world and he stops him the end" but for marvel to give me what i always loved about comics, A fukkING STORY, and to go dark and deep with it, was by far the greatest surprise. This was EASILY Nick Fury's best role, and i might also add after re watching it (which i am going back to theatre to do) will say easily marvel's best story to date, altho i have not watched thor 2 yet (looked boring). i also watched cap 1 and was scratching my head the whole time like "thats it?" but i wasnt dissapointed because i didnt expect anything so i went in the same way with this one and oh man.... i was anticipating it for weeks but this is the first time in a long time my anticipation paid off triple. Marvel is surprising fans by not going the typical good guy beats bad guy route in these movies.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Also im surprised anyone here hasnt asked the hard questions of since Hydra was influencing shield the entire time in the movies currently that means a shyt ton of bad guys know alot of almost everything in the marvel u. they know about the tesseract/cosmic cube, they know about asgardians and thor, they know about the chutari and other races, alien weaponry, they know alot of who these heroes are and identities, all the secrets of the world and superpowered beings and objects of incredible power they have had free reign to do with it as they will... Also that puts the avengers at a huge disadvantage. because lets look at it objectively hydra is still out there with a whole lot of power and leadership. the red skull isnt dead per se'. and Thanos is coming sooner or later....

The Avengers/ Cap/ thor got their work cut out for them...