CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Kevin Feige (Movie Discussion Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
A title is supposed draw the audience in or sell the product, not summarize it. Are we seriously arguing this?

Tron isnt about Tron, its about Finn.
Grapes of Wrath isnt about vengeful grapes.
Chrono Trigger is barely in the game and even then you can skip its relevant story points.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire isnt about the Goblet...the Goblet has virtually no impact on the story at all.

:deadrose:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
A title is supposed draw the audience in or sell the product, not summarize it. Are we seriously arguing this?

Tron isnt about Tron, its about Finn.
Grapes of Wrath isnt about vengeful grapes.
Chrono Trigger is barely in the game and even then you can skip its relevant story points.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire isnt about the Goblet...the Goblet has virtually no impact on the story at all.
:russ:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
yo that joint was tough.
Was a little scared to see it since i thought the first one was beyond trash
- i thought the first 10 mins was a little corny. but from that first action scene with nick fury i was :popcorn::whoo::ooh:
- winter solider is easily marvel's best villain .
- the story line was :ld: not quite bourne identity level but close enough.
- that highway scene :whew:
- the first cap vs winter solider fight :lawd:
Felt the same way about the first one, so I had no thoughts of actually seeing this in theaters. All this positive feedback is changing my mind though. Gonna go tonight.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Captain America: The Winter Soldier is proof positive that nobody gives a fukk about story and character as long as you provide nikkaz with sick action from front to back.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Captain America: The Winter Soldier is proof positive that nobody gives a fukk about story and character as long as you provide nikkaz with sick action from front to back.

This movie had more actual plot than Iron Man 3 and Thor 2, and maybe more than Avengers, too (which was the ultimate example of action over story). There were many quieter character moments.

SkillClash

Banned
Daps
:ld: u must be white, I am surprised with all the gushing over the addition of falcon when his presence basically gives marvel a get out of jail card on introducing any other black characters

ps he wasn't a nuisance but I detest the actor, he cant possibly be oblivious to how hes being used but he'll take these roles anyway for the money. Any role this guy appears in alongside a white lead he defers to them like hes their little brother only he happens to be a grown ass black man..Look at the lines they had him using "i do everything he (cap) does but slower" when a fellow black ask him to make a choice as an individual...With the presence of tyler perry productions (which appeal to the lowest common denominator) the influx of slave/maid laden movies hollywood are clearly going back to basics. And this dude and most likely the micheal b jordans are the new type of blacks we are going to see on the silver screen.As an 80s baby that saw the movement of strong black protagonists and bumbling white sidekicks/supporting,all the way through to the early 00s Anthony Mackie stands as a parasite
:stopitslime:

Cap is the worlds greatest soldier.... the first ever super-soldier...Falcon is a regular human being....when he says he does everything slower..there isn't some hidden racial element to the line that the directors were conspiring just to say white people are better.. its because cap is fukking faster

about the "white savior" bit....no sh*t the movie is called Captain America..

not Falcon or Nick Fury

Nick respects Cap, so why wouldn't he give him leadership

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh so the Revenge Girl is someone named Sharon Carter and thus not Mockingbird.....

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Just reading through the thread. Can't believe people had the nerve to say that bane/batman fight was better than cap/winter solider :heh:
The old 1960 batman show had better fight scenes than that joint.
The only thing I liked about that bane fight was all the ether he was dropping on bat while making him look :flabbynsick:
The best part of the cap fight was when they were up close and Bucky was shooting close range. Kinda reminded my of a slept on movie called equilibrium

xd8000.gif

Bane vs Batman II > Cap vs The Winter Soldier II.

Captain America vs The Winter Soldier I and Captain America vs Batroc > Bane vs Batman I.