CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Kevin Feige (Movie Discussion Thread)

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
pretty much..the best fighting in those batman movies was in begins and that was nothing home to write about...the movies were lucky enough to have such strong acting to mask those fighting deficiencies because nolan doesn't shoot decent fight scenes...that are better examples of gritty fighting than those flicks lol

:whoa: In the Batman movies.... Maybe.... But in Inception that fight scene was dope

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The first fight between Captain America and The Winter Soldier was better than Batman and Bane's first fight.

However the second fight between Batman and Bane was better than Captain America and The Winter Soldier's second fight.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
The first fight between Captain America and The Winter Soldier was better than Batman and Bane's first fight.

However the second fight between Batman and Bane was better than Captain America and The Winter Soldier's second fight.
Nah, it's not even fukking close, but you're entitled to your opinion...I guess.

At least Cap 2 handles guns and shyt realistically actually having people fire their automated assault rifles at him. Batman strides into literally a battle and nobody shoots him? There was literally nothing impressive about that fight though. I don't know what you could be referring to that makes it better in any way. Batman just punched him in the mouth thing then displayed some more unimpressive moves.

I...don't get it

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Word. Especially that last fight between Batman and Bane :ufdup: for thinking them shyts are better than anything in Cap 2. Gritty realism my ass
Lol dude just said the last fight was better than Cap and TWS's last fight :dead:

I would watch Winter Soldier put in work all day. I think the last fight in TDKR was easily weaker than the first, too, regardless of the outcome. Batman's moves did not impress.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

WTF??!?!?? Both fights in Cap2 was God-Tier shyts all over the batman fight are you serious!?

:dahell:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
By the way for those of us that have seen it, can anyone here attempt to offer any real insight as to why the movie was called The Winter Soldier? Because in hindsight it looks like the winter soldier subplot was really just an excuse to give Cap a physical foe and the "real" villIain ended up being Robert Redford's character.

All in all I just don't think the character played a vital enough role in the story to justify being the subject of the title. Unless of course maybe "the winter soldier" had a kind of double meaning?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
By the way for those of us that have seen it, can anyone here attempt to offer any real insight as to why the movie was called The Winter Soldier? Because in hindsight it looks like the winter soldier subplot was really just an excuse to give Cap a physical foe and the "real" villIain ended up being Robert Redford's character.

All in all I just don't think the character played a vital enough role in the story to justify being the subject of the title. Unless of course maybe "the winter soldier" had a kind of double meaning?

987611.jpg

It's from the Story arc in the captain america comics..... It's supposed to go down the same way, but Pierce was changed for the movie.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Nah, it's not even fukking close, but you're entitled to your opinion...I guess.

At least Cap 2 handles guns and shyt realistically actually having people fire their automated assault rifles at him. Batman strides into literally a battle and nobody shoots him? There was literally nothing impressive about that fight though. I don't know what you could be referring to that makes it better in any way. Batman just punched him in the mouth thing then displayed some more unimpressive moves.

I...don't get it

xd8000.gif

Bane vs Batman II had a better build up, had better music, better setting, Bane's combo and far more intensity. The first fight between Captain America and The Winter Soldier had all of that, however the second was a clone of the bland final fight of the last movie, right down to the interior that was used and was constantly broken up by scenes which had nothing to do with it. It just wasn't fluid and organic like the first fight which wasn't constantly interrupted.

"At least Cap 2 handles guns and shyt realistically actually having people fire their automated assault rifles at him" :upsetfavre: I guess that's why nobody ever aims at his feet:mjlol:.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
xd8000.gif

Bane vs Batman II had a better build up, had better music, better setting, Bane's combo and far more intensity. The first fight between Captain America and The Winter Soldier had all of that, however the second was a clone of the bland final fight of the last movie, right down to the interior that was used and was constantly broken up by scenes which had nothing to do with it. It just wasn't fluid and organic like the first fight which wasn't constantly interrupted.

"At least Cap 2 handles guns and shyt realistically actually having people fire their automated assault rifles at him" :upsetfavre: I guess that's why nobody ever aims at his feet:mjlol:.
Breh. Better than not aiming at the motherfukker at all :lolbron:

And yeah, you're just wrong on ur previous point but whateva play boiiii

Oh yeah. This movie shytted on The Dark Knight Rises :camby:

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Saw it today... Definitely better than the 1st... Good number of twists and the after credits seen :yes:

And the actions scenes were really good. I hope falcon stays around, good to see a brotha put in work

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'll tell ya tho after seeing Cap 2 it really makes me wish Disney got their hands wrapped around DC so that these same people could get to work on Superman and Batman and do them right.

Like don't get me wrong Dark Knight is great. I love Dark Knight. But to its credit it's kinda like its own thing. It's its own unique adaptation and doesn't attempt to recreate the comics or the cartoons you saw when you were a kid. And that's fine...but in the same sense you watch a movie like that and it's just missing something. Don't even let me get into MOS.

But I watched Cap 2 last night and I'll tell you man it's like my inner child came face to face with my present self. Yea it was earnest and yea it dealt with some mature concepts but it was also colorful and it was FUN. Like when I was a kid my mother used to rent me video tapes from the store and I remember for awhile there was this one Captain America cartoon (from like the 60's I think) that I used to watch on the regular for awhile. This movie brought me back to that place for 2 hours. It really did. I have no shame admitting that. For 2 hours I felt like a kid again. I never had that feeling watching any of the Nolan Batman movies and I sure as hell didn't feel that way during MOS and it's sad cause those are my 2 favorite superheroes. But Cap 2 pulled it off.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
just came bak from seeing this piff :banderas:....best solo marvel movie hands down, them scraps between cap and bucky were just :gladbron:....and cot dayum was scar jo looking scrumptious all throughout :noah:
the after credits scene with quicksilver and scarlet witch got a nicca so hype for avengers 2 :ahh:

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Saw it today... Definitely better than the 1st... Good number of twists and the after credits seen :yes:

And the actions scenes were really good. I hope falcon stays around, good to see a brotha put in work
Falcon and Fury were on point :salute: they bought their skillz to the table and put in work ,cant wait to see what will be the future of shields now