CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Kevin Feige (Movie Discussion Thread)

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
props brah

i am going to look them up now that i know the names and get the story on them

dap/pos rep
They're Magneto's kids in the comics at least. Look them up. Quicksilver is aite but Scarlet Witch is the main factor in a number of major Marvel stories

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Saw it at the IMAX last night. Movie was mad ill. Straight 9/10 for certain. I was surprised as hell to see GSP in this, as well as the Revenge chick (she's pretty damn fine herself and I thougth she should've played Katniss over Jennifer Lawrence lol).

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The mid-credits scene had everyone in the theater like :ohhh: :gladbron:

I'm not sure everyone knew who Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are but it didn't matter because they both LOOKED cool.. and Loki's staff got a huge reaction. Loki is crazy popular in this MCU and rightfully so :birdman:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I feel like they needed him in the movie cause action wise there's only so much you could do with a guy like Cap and this being a post Avengers era I think fans expect all these movies to have HUGE action. So by throwing in a guy who could fly and do all sorts of crazy shyt you give the movie that added sense of awe.
That's why unlike other comic/action movies, you need a good storyline to make a Cap movie good. With other comic movies, you can always rely on the special effects to get the movie over, but since Cap has no special superpowers beyond superhuman strength, endurance, and healing, you can't rely on effects. You HAVE to have a good plot.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Just came back from watching this movie. Loved every minute of it!!! Captain America was kicking some serious A$$! Winter Solider held his own too. For me, this movie is in the top three of Marvel movies that I've seen.

Side Note: One thing that I'm somewhat worried about is how Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch will be used in Avengers 2. Especially Scarlett Witch since she's powerful as hell! I think they may possibly make or break the Avengers 2. A bit dramatic but it will be interesting how they'll fit into the Avengers universe.
This is the reason I like the addition of Scarlett Witch. Ever since hey revealed Thor, I always though he was too overpowered for an Avengers movie with the cast they had (especially when you factor in the Infinity Gauntlet). They would have to nerf him a lot because he would mop up the floor with the Avengers 1 team. Who really wants to see a movie where the villain is just destroying the protagonists like nothing for 2/3's of the movie and have some crazy plot device loophole that allows the Avengers to defeat him. But Scarlett Witch evens up the score a little bit.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
This is the reason I like the addition of Scarlett Witch. Ever since hey revealed Thor, I always though he was too overpowered for an Avengers movie with the cast they had (especially when you factor in the Infinity Gauntlet). They would have to nerf him a lot because he would mop up the floor with the Avengers 1 team. Who really wants to see a movie where the villain is just destroying the protagonists like nothing for 2/3's of the movie and have some crazy plot device loophole that allows the Avengers to defeat him. But Scarlett Witch evens up the score a little bit.
Lol I mean that's pretty much what the Infinity Gauntlet story was. Thanos just murking nikkas. They're gonna need all that power to deal with Ultron tho. They've got too many street level type fighters on the squad now I feel. With the twins, then hopefully Dr Strange and Ms Marvel, the heavy hitters are starting to arrive

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
so captain americas rippin shyt up on that boat was a slow start? :camby:

Yeah, that was a cool 3 minutes.:mjlol: If that. The movie was slow. Especially the first half. And while I'm at it, I thought the fight scenes were a bit too acrobatic and lacked that gritty realism that say say the latest batch of Batman movies had. But that's a preference thing.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Yeah, that was a cool 3 minutes.:mjlol: If that. The movie was slow. Especially the first half. And while I'm at it, I thought the fight scenes were a bit too acrobatic and lacked that gritty realism that say say the latest batch of Batman movies had. But that's a preference thing.
gritty realism from fight scenes in nolan batman movies? what? :skip:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Captain America is a super nikka bruh, his fight scenes arent suppose to be like batman who is peak human. Cap is the very definition of a "SUPER" hero.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
gritty realism from fight scenes in nolan batman movies? what? :skip:

Take the prison fight from Begins, or the Bane fight for example. There was a certain grit there. There was some of that in Capt. Then he'd do a back flip or some shyt.:shaq2:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Captain America is a super nikka bruh, his fight scenes arent suppose to be like batman who is peak human. Cap is the very definition of a "SUPER" hero.
Eh. I always thought of both Capt. and Bats as both peak human. And like I said, its just preference.