CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Kevin Feige (Movie Discussion Thread)

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Yeah, their interactions were the only parts where I wasn't bothered by ScarJo's performance. I think she's very below average delivering most of her lines. :yeshrug:
:dahell:

I'm not a huge fan of her acting, but I loved everything about her in this. Maybe she isn't the most faithful Black Widow, but still, I like her take on the character. To each his own tho :yeshrug:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I died though when Zola stated her name and more importantly her birth date as 1984 but she stay talking about leaving the KGB for SHIELD and shyt like she wasn't around seven or eight years old when the KGB disbanded. :dead:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Off topic but fam we gon be eating this summer at the movies. Seeing all the trailers today reminded of the greatness coming in the next few months. Godzilla:wow: , Spider-Man 2:blessed:, X-Men: DOFP:whew: and Guardians of The Galaxy:ohlawd:.

My wallet:damn:

This might be my favorite Marvel Studios film to date. I really enjoyed Iron Man and Avengers but this had everything. Cap fukked shyt up in the first five minutes more so than his first movie in its entirety. This had some great lines but they didn't over do it with the comedy. The thing that really set it apart though was the slightly darker tone and the ridiculous action sequences. This was like Metal Gear Solid meets Michael Mann meets Marvel superheroes :ohlawd:

Winter Soldier was also a great villain. They did a great job with him. He was so :demonic:

A quick breakdown of audience reaction to the trailers:

TMNT was :ohhh: mixed with :gladbron: .... the nostalgia was real.

Godzilla was :merchant: mixed with :blessed:

X-Men Days of Future Past received a :ohhh: + :to: + :ohlawd:

Guardians of the Galaxy received in order :wtf: :ehh: :russ: :ehh:
Not a super hero flick but they showed this Lucy trailer at my theatre. I think it looks pretty good...plus ScarJo

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Just came back from watching this movie. Loved every minute of it!!! Captain America was kicking some serious A$$! Winter Solider held his own too. For me, this movie is in the top three of Marvel movies that I've seen.

Side Note: One thing that I'm somewhat worried about is how Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch will be used in Avengers 2. Especially Scarlett Witch since she's powerful as hell! I think they may possibly make or break the Avengers 2. A bit dramatic but it will be interesting how they'll fit into the Avengers universe.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Saw it earlier today. It was a terribly slow start, and not much better than solid once it picked up. Not a top tier super hero movie.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
So is falcon going to be like war machine and only show up in other heroes movies are will the let him be in the avengers movie?

well people hated don cheadle's war machine so that was part of it, but the pop that falcon got in this movie can't be ignored, whedon said he was going to rotate people in and out anyway so we will see

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Saw Cap 2 last night... yea it was pretty damn good. Probably the best movie in the MCU since Iron Man. It's wasn't flawless by any means but to those who aren't fans of the character this movie will probably be the one to change your mind.

And holy shyt does Spiderman look fukkin amazing (emphasis on LOOK). Like yea all signs point to that movie being hot garbage but visually it has the potential to be the greatest superhero movie of all time. Bro I'm not even kidding there's moments in that trailer that had me legit :ohhh::whoo::ooh::leon:

Actually from the looks of it I'm not even sure I need a story just give me 2 hours of Spiderman swingin around and fighting bad guys.

Last edited:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I enjoyed the film, although the 3D did not add or detract from the film, I did not find it a distraction as I do with the vast majority of post-production 3. Overall Cap Am 2 is the best Mravel phase 2 film so far IMO.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
So is falcon going to be like war machine and only show up in other heroes movies are will the let him be in the avengers movie?

I feel like they needed him in the movie cause action wise there's only so much you could do with a guy like Cap and this being a post Avengers era I think fans expect all these movies to have HUGE action. So by throwing in a guy who could fly and do all sorts of crazy shyt you give the movie that added sense of awe.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Guardians of the Galaxy received in order :wtf: :ehh: :russ: :ehh:

GOTG has the potential to be really, really bad.

Obviously no one can know for sure until they see the movie for themselves but if I truly had to guess and I were a betting man... my money right now is firmly on "bad".

But here's hoping I'm 100% wrong cause that would be a huge bummer. They got a ton of momentum right now heading into Avengers 2 and if GOTG ends up blowing dikk that's kind of dampens the excitement a bit.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Side Note: One thing that I'm somewhat worried about is how Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch will be used in Avengers 2. Especially Scarlett Witch since she's powerful as hell! I think they may possibly make or break the Avengers 2. A bit dramatic but it will be interesting how they'll fit into the Avengers universe.

We gotta trust Whedon to deliver.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Just came back from watching this movie. Loved every minute of it!!! Captain America was kicking some serious A$$! Winter Solider held his own too. For me, this movie is in the top three of Marvel movies that I've seen.

I'm willing to bet that Scarlett Witch is gonna be the plot device to destroy Ultron