CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Kevin Feige (Movie Discussion Thread)

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
You think so breh??? Real talk and maybe I need to watch it again but I really ain't see the connection......

Unless

the Clairvoyant is HYDRA. :ohhh:
simmons is at a facility taken over by Hydra, may is either hydra or she working for them, victoria clearly is hydra, and the turkish looking dude that is in the movie is probably still alive

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Just got back from seeing it on 125th in Harlem. When Cap sees The Winter Soldier's face for the first time the whole theater gasped. A women yelled, "Whattagwan?!" behind me. Shyt was hilarious.

:lolbron: ....I knew it was him the whole time. shout out to brubaker!

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
This was god damn fantastic....

...a few minor :snoop: moments. The digital face disguise near the end.....:childplease: I HATE shyt like that.

But yeah, great movie. Top 3 "new" Marvel imo. Probably not moving it ahead of Iron Man or The Avengers personally....but maybe

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man i know. but Winter Soldier was so dope before i knew it was Bucky. As soon as i found out it was him, i knew capt couldnt defeat him and vice versa.

-DMP-

The way I saw it, Capt. could of handled him easily, but was HOLDING BACK because it was Bucky. Winter Soldier had potential to be extremely dope as a villain, but he was shown TOO little and could of been taken down if really needed to. AND he was merely just a henchman.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Shout out to the War Games reference too :dead:

"Shall. we. play. a. game?"

It got a way bigger reaction from my audience than I would've expected too
I know right. I really dug the chemistry between Cap and Black Widow in this. ScarJo is just fukking flawless of course. They were feeding off each other a lot better than I thought when I heard it was essentially gonna be a team up all movie. I thought it was gonna be some campy super friends type shyt after Thor 2 and IM3. But fukk, Russo bros didn't play that shyt. Also happy they didn't force a Cap/BW romance. Everyone had roles to play and they weren't just filler or bullshyt.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Yeah, their interactions were the only parts where I wasn't bothered by ScarJo's performance. I think she's very below average delivering most of her lines. :yeshrug:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
The way I saw it, Capt. could of handled him easily, but was HOLDING BACK because it was Bucky. Winter Soldier had potential to be extremely dope as a villain, but he was shown TOO little and could of been taken down if really needed to. AND he was merely just a henchman.
I kept hearing that, but personally I think he was shown just enough. To each his own, though. Dude's entrance into the movie was some bawse level shyt. After his showdown I thought he was gone for a while till he showed up a couple mins later to finish the business.

One thing that might seem weird to other peeps but kinda disappointed me:
I remember reading a spoiler that apparently was fake about Redford's character actually being Red Skull. Like...I really was kinda expecting that to happen, and I feel like he's be a dope villain to add into the overall current Marvel Universe if he got exposed for being who he is that way. The cinematic universe needs to open up more with these villains, I think, before they just make that jump into the absurd with GotG, but oh well.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

XS5LK.gif

:russ: