Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
They still believed in their directors and didn't change it before releasing to the cinema though. The results weren't great but its still the directors vision that we was released. :yeshrug:
Not exactly, both directors complained after the films came out they wanted to do something and Marvel vetoed them. In Shane's case it was actually sexist (Marvel didn't want a female main antagonist). But Joss seemed to shyt on Marvel directly after AoU came out but then take it back later and claim it was an honor to do the film and Marvel is great.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Not exactly, both directors complained after the films came out they wanted to do something and Marvel vetoed them. In Shane's case it was actually sexist (Marvel didn't want a female main antagonist). But Joss seemed to shyt on Marvel directly after AoU came out but then take it back later and claim it was an honor to do the film and Marvel is great.
I remember something like that in Joss' case. You've got any receipts for Shane?

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
I gotta finish it in HD with my surround sound during the day :heh: Try to do it at 11pm, and shyt sounded like a movie theater.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

But that's still different than secretly making a new cut of the film and releasing that..
Getting vetoed in the boardroom is "acceptable" getting told you can do something and then they change your shyt is another story

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
But that's still different than secretly making a new cut of the film and releasing that..
Getting vetoed in the boardroom is "acceptable" getting told you can do something and then they change your shyt is another story

It's not a secret, they had to get WB's approval to release a director's cut.
I think it is safe to say having a studio that has a well thought out plan for a cinematic universe and then letting directors know what you want out of a particular movie beforehand and being in constant communication during the process is likely to bear better results than letting director's have free reign just to do whatever and then under cutting them during editing, then releasing an unsatisfying movie saying you are proud of it and then undercutting that movie by releasing a director's cut a few months later. lol

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
It's not a secret, they had to get WB's approval to release a director's cut.
I think it is safe to say having a studio that has a well thought out plan for a cinematic universe and then letting directors know what you want out of a particular movie beforehand and being in constant communication during the process is likely to bear better results than letting director's have free reign just to do whatever and then under cutting them during editing, then releasing an unsatisfying movie saying you are proud of it and then undercutting that movie by releasing a director's cut a few months later. lol

WB thought everybody was Nolan .. and how he got so much control is beyond me when you look at what happened after

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
WB thought everybody was Nolan .. and how he got so much control is beyond me when you look at what happened after
And they thought this connected universe thing was easy it's not. It takes more planning then they have been willing to do so far IMO. That's the difference.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
And they thought this connected universe thing was easy it's not. It takes more planning then they have been willing to do so far IMO. That's the difference.

LOL.. WB is really trynna wing it ...

but its not really that hard.. everything before was "separate" until Avengers (I used quotes for a reason)... and everything is still "separate" with occasional hints of others here and there... If they can make a connected universe on the CW then why the hell the cinema so damn hard

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Again a long-shot that it happens, but Falcon as FalCap:
anthony-mackie-falcon-captain-america-fan-art.jpg