Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There both dumb scenes and nether was very well done.

I was literally like :snoop: when that dude explained what he was gonna do and how he wanted them to react right before he showed that shyt and iron man did exactly that.
:why:

And he really was trying to kill them dudes, like fukk the avengers, fukk the fact that he knows dude was brainwashed, fukk the fact that this is exactly what zemo wants.

But atleast black panther could see the big picture while Tony was a fukkin idiot.

And now we will never see bucky redeem himself in later movies.

He was brainwashed and he knew it...so why keep going after him. Didnt hawkeye get brainwashed and dosome dirt too but we just gonna forget that

Emotions make people stupid and irrational. It makes them do things they wouldn't otherwise do even if it's what someone wanted them to do. Watching your parents get murdered would put you in a very emotional state where you wouldn't be considering the circumstances of the guy who did it, you would just be angry and lash out.

It was completely out of character. IM is the most rational of the avengers. Sure I can go yeah it makes sense for him to fly off the handle but I can also say its such a sloppy sloppy way to move the plot towards that direction. This is a dude who can literally hack into any computer in the world and this vid somehow has escaped his hands for decades? Never mind the fact that bucky choking them out would negate the whole died of natural causes thing. Movie is a good watch but it has a myriad of plot holes which is w/e since its a marvel superhero movie but people making this out to be some cinematic excellence are confusing me.

As has been said, Ironman is a rash person. He's smart but he acts on impulse and feelings. Giving up making weapons was going to cost his company millions, maybe billions of dollars but he announced it with no solid plan in place for a new direction. Why, because he felt it was the right thing. He is the smartest Avenger but not the most rational.

As for not finding the video, the mission was done in 1991 when files were paper and videos were VHS. No matter how good a hacker he is you can't hack something not on a computer. It's why Zemo needed someone to tell him the location of the base and the details of the mission, even though he decrypted Hydra's files.

It was meant to look like a car accident. Any trauma he did to the body could be explained as impact from the crash, as long as he did it right.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Emotions make people stupid and irrational. It makes them do things they wouldn't otherwise do even if it's what someone wanted them to do. Watching your parents get murdered would put you in a very emotional state where you wouldn't be considering the circumstances of the guy who did it, you would just be angry and lash out.

As has been said, Ironman is a rash person. He's smart but he acts on impulse and feelings. Giving up making weapons was going to cost his company millions, maybe billions of dollars but he announced it with no solid plan in place for a new direction. Why, because he felt it was the right thing. He is the smartest Avenger but not the most rational.

As for not finding the video, the mission was done in 1991 when files were paper and videos were VHS. No matter how good a hacker he is you can't hack something not on a computer. It's why Zemo needed someone to tell him the location of the base and the details of the mission, even though he decrypted Hydra's files.

It was meant to look like a car accident. Any trauma he did to the body could be explained as impact from the crash, as long as he did it right.

Yep yep. Some of the detractors of this movie I figure either fall into one of two categories. They're either not too familiar with the characters from the books and/or not been paying much attention to the details of all the events happening in the movies (I had a third option, but I forgot). The events in this movie alone shows Tony having good reasons for having a LOT of emotional weight on him that can have him do some otherwise irrational things, let lone the events throughout all of MCU movies that he's been a factor in. In this movie alone, you learn about more his guilt over the Ultron ordeal, loss or shaky grounds with the only women he ever cared for, still reveling in the loss of his parents, government pressure to arrest friends, literal fighting against these friends, his best friend paralyzed in due part of this fighting and then, a big 20+ years long reveal of learning his parents death wasn't an accident, but an elaborately schemed assassination, that a friend knew about this much and didn't tell him and said friend is protecting the killer that did it. That's a huge recipe for a meltdown to say the least. Talk about a hard day's night. This was what, over the course of maybe a week? Even most rational cats could very well be on suicide watch or on a killing spree if this was their weekend, lol.

Another thing I notice about a grip of posters on here seem to not be aware of emotional effects of more than just women IRL, so whenever they see it in movies, shows, games, they seemingly are aloof when it comes to that also being able to affect men as well. Perhaps due to all the faux bravado online for e-cred having them be a bit disillusioned with things in order to keep up the facade. Ahh...yeah, this was my third category, lol.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yep yep. Some of the detractors of this movie I figure either fall into one of two categories. They're either not too familiar with the characters from the books and/or not been paying much attention to the details of all the events happening in the movies (I had a third option, but I forgot). The events in this movie alone shows Tony having good reasons for having a LOT of emotional weight on him that can have him do some otherwise irrational things, let lone the events throughout all of MCU movies that he's been a factor in. In this movie alone, you learn about more guilt of the Ultron ordeal, loss or shaky grounds with the only women he ever cared for, still reveling in the loss of his parents, government pressure to arrest friends, literal fighting against these friends, his best friend paralyzed in due part of this fighting and then, a big 20+ years long reveal of learning his parents death wasn't an accident, that a friend knew about this much and didn't tell him and said friend is protecting the killer that did it. That's a huge recipe for a meltdown to say the least. Talk about a hard day's night. This was what, over the course of maybe a week? Even most rational cats could very well be on suicide watch or on a killing spree if this was their week, lol.

Another thing I notice about a grip of posters on here seem to not be aware of emotional effects of more than just women IRL, so whenever they see it in movies, shows, games, they seemingly are aloof when it comes to that also being able to affect men as well. Perhaps due to all the faux bravado online for e-cred having them be a bit disillusioned with things in order to keep up the facade. Ahh...yeah, this was my third category, lol.

When Tony is in the helicopter on the way to Russia he just looks weary and tired. He like puts on the suit with a reluctant face (always love the new ways they show him put on the suits in each movie) before dropping out the hatch and flying. My G Tony been through it shun. :mjcry:

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
He's from Brooklyn, I think they got a no snitching policy.
That
When Tony is in the helicopter on the way to Russia he just looks weary and tired. He like puts on the suit with a reluctant face (always love the new ways they show him put on the suits in each movie) before dropping out the hatch and flying. My G Tony been through it shun. :mjcry:

My dude Tony flying nuclear bombs into space, stopping alien attacks, beating up huge aliens, accidently for a greater good creating ultron then destroying him, figuring out elaborate codes, saving everyone's lives, fighting Thor, fighting the Hulk, so stressful for the gawd

I just wish Cap would carry his load, and fight real goons instead a bunch of low level henchmen

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

I know right. But nah, Tony's a genius, so his intellect should be able to push him thru any levels of physical and emotional stress, cuz geniuses don't have any feelings. :troll:

Smarts prevail over everything immediately.:skip: Nerds.:martin:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I wish Disney allowed Marvel to show Tony's demons (in a bottle) more. There's a lot of depth to the character that I think Downey understands more than the writers seem to.

Agree completely with @jayshiggs he owns Tony not just because of his swagger but it's those small moments. His joking around is his defense mechanism that he only really drops when he's alone or pushed to the brink

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It was slightly emotional at the very end. People act like it was an emotional roller coaster all the way through. It was not that at all.

When did anyone say it was an emotional rollercoaster of a movie? It's a comic book movie at the end of the day. That' snot to say that the character's didn't have any drama or moments of emotion tho.