Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
If there was any type of cohesion between tv and film AOS debuted an energy shield earlier in the season. Cap should rock that until he gets the real one back but doubt that will happen.

Already happened in the comics too.

8f14e45fceea167a5a36dedd4bea2543-180655.jpg

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I've seen the movie 3 times, each time in Imax and the last time was the best time for me, as I went alone, so no distractions whatsoever (theater was low volume at the time too) and had the the exact best seating for IMAX 3d, which is Row H (of M being the highest) and smack dab in the middle (which is seats 16-19). The view and sound is most perfect at this point with no head tilting, 3d glarring effect or anything, just all optimal aural and visual excellence.

Love this movie. Got it ever so slightly above Winter Soldier and pretty much my new MCU fav. I kinda want to watch it just 1 more time in theaters, whilst watching the first two Cap movies and the first two Avengers movies just before seeing it (as I didn't get to for any of my viewings yet), but I'm sure it'll no longer be in IMAX now, or possibly up till this Thursday as I know that Alice in Wonderland movie about to take it outta there.

Upon this last viewing, one of the funny things I noticed that kept happening in this movie was Cap taking some extreme, grueling, punishment plummet in fights (akin to Spiderman 2 at that, lol) as it happened about 3-4 times to him specifically and also, Bucky getting his metal arm caught in a punch, lol! Like...damn near every team member intercepted that pass. I was just waiting for Falcon to do it. Bucky and Ironman got sonned the most throughout the movie (excluding War Machine's ultimate sonnage; Bucky did get his man in quite a few moments too tho, whereas Ironman really only got maybe 2 "winning" shots/moments and they were either very brief or eclipsed by later sonnages). Damn near everyone got a good moment of shine tho (tho Hawkeye's and War Machine's moments were quite muted).

Last edited:

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Great movie. Somehow Captain America became the best character in this whole universe...

Essentially since he got the best trilogy and top 3 characterizations right on top of actually improving said characterization from book to film (as most thought Cap's boy-scout persona was meh in the books, yet on screen he comes across so affirmatively righteous, in a good way tho). Tho Black Panther already gunning for that off #1 spot just off one guest verse.

Last edited:

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
Essentially since he got the best trilogy and top 3 characterizations right on top of actually improving said characterization from book to film (as most thought Cap's boy-scout persona was meh in the books, yet on screen he comes across so affirmatively righteous, in a good way tho). Tho Black Panther already gunning for that off #1 spot just off one guest verse.

I fukking hated CA growing up, but these movies bruh..they made me respeck Caps name :birdman:

Spidey will always be my nikka though, he the greatest. :mjcry:

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Essentially since he got the best trilogy and top 3 characterizations right on top of actually improving said characterization from book to film (as most thought Cap's boy-scout persona was meh in the books, on screen, he comes across so affirmatively righteous in a good way tho). Tho Black Panther already gunning for that off #1 spot just off one guest verse.
He has essentially replaced Superman on film. I went into the movie skeptical cuz the rest of the Marvel characters annoy me. But Captain America has impressed me every time

We have MORE than enough anti-heroes in TV, Film and comics.But Cap comes thru with that righteousness and that sense of duty (as opposed to our current depressed Superman who is burdened by a sense of obligation).

And while we're here, the random Russian villain who's name I can't remember pulled off a better Lex Luthor chess-not-checkers scheme than the mad scientist Eisenberg in BvS. DC got murdered on its own shyt, and I'm nowhere near a Marvel stan (not even a comic book fan, I really only know these characters from the 90s cartoons).

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
He has essentially replaced Superman on film. I went into the movie skeptical cuz the rest of the Marvel characters annoy me. But Captain America has impressed me every time

We have MORE than enough anti-heroes in TV, Film and comics.But Cap comes thru with that righteousness and that sense of duty (as opposed to our current depressed Superman who is burdened by a sense of obligation).

And while we're here, the random Russian villain who's name I can't remember pulled off a better Lex Luthor chess-not-checkers scheme than the mad scientist Eisenberg in BvS. DC got murdered on its own shyt, and I'm nowhere near a Marvel stan (not even a comic book fan, I really only know these characters from the 90s cartoons).

Character wise, Cap has a lot more personality flaws than Clark, which automatically makes him more interesting. What you said about his self-righteousness is spot-on. I actually think an argument could be made that Steve Rogers' self-righteousness makes him an anti-hero in many ways. He really doesn't respect authority for authority's sake, and won't tow anyone's line out of politeness or politics. He starts off as a rule breaker to do heroic things, but by Civil War, his rule-breaking is more about his self-righteousness and some (deserved) selfishness.

We're you referring to Zoloft or Zemo (he Sokovian)?

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Character wise, Cap has a lot more personality flaws than Clark, which automatically makes him more interesting. What you said about his self-righteousness is spot-on. I actually think an argument could be made that Steve Rogers' self-righteousness makes him an anti-hero in many ways. He really doesn't respect authority for authority's sake, and won't tow anyone's line out of politeness or politics. He starts off as a rule breaker to do heroic things, but by Civil War, his rule-breaking is more about his self-righteousness and some (deserved) selfishness.

We're you referring to Zoloft or Zemo (he Sokovian)?
Zemo I think. Yeah Sokovian, my bad.

On film Captain America reminds me so much of the DCAU Superman. He is just like you described, self righteous and arrogant enough to take on the government when they are out of line (by his standards).

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Zemo I think. Yeah Sokovian, my bad.

On film Captain America reminds me so much of the DCAU Superman. He is just like you described, self righteous and arrogant enough to take on the government when they are out of line (by his standards).

I would love to read that Superman. As a new fan to comic books, it's a bit overwhelming trying to catch up on a character that's been around almost half a century. Sometimes I'll go into a comic book store and just walk out because I don't know where to start on some of them.

So what is DCAU Superman? And why is he different from the Superman we've been introduced to in the movies?

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
So what is DCAU Superman? And why is he different from the Superman we've been introduced to in the movies?
DCAU = DC Animated Universe

Batman The Animated Series, Superman The Animated Series, Justice League and handful of other cartoons and animated stand alone movies. They are the greatest portrayals of Batman, Superman and The Joker ever made.

Superman is actually interesting on these shows based on the stuff I talked about in my prior post. They could take any random episode of any of these series and make a better, more coherent story than the shyt they have put on film.

Justice League and a bunch of movies are on Netflix, I strongly recommend checking them out...

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
I didn't know Elisabeth Olsen was the sister of thee Olsen Twins :ohhh::russ:

Now all I see is little Michelle(she looks just like them) killing civilians in Nigeria...

and I've now watched this movie like 15x :snoop::manny: Still dope.

Dap
And rep :noah:

I guess you missed her go topless in Spike Lee's Old Boy Remake movie. :shaq: Better google that.