Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
minimum 9/10 with the only negative being the first part which was necessarily drawn out to give us the background :wow:

i laughed :pachaha: i cried :mjcry: i questioned whether i was really on the right side :wow:

nikkas said zemo was weak :dead:

just the from the emotional impact and stakes at the end this is a top 3 marvel movie without a doubt :takedat:

the first credits scene had me :ohhh::blessed:

spiderman :mjlol: its crazy cause i even forgot he was in the movie til QUEENS came up :gladbron: thats how good it was :ohlawd:

Russo Bros really put they foot in this one.

and :deadrose: at nikkas still trying to say this was just another avengers movie when it clearly revolved around Cap and Bucky

:salute: Marvel, they got it right, again. probably might could be my favorite Marvel movie to date

Sure you aren't bias because you've waited for this movie for so long :troll:

You cried? :dame:

Do you have think its better than Winter Soldier or need another re-watch to be sure?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Sure you aren't bias because you've waited for this movie for so long :troll:

You cried? :dame:
To keep it trill I went through similar emotions at BVS. I laughed at their version of lex, cried whenever batman wasn't on screen breakin somebody neck, and questioned why I spent 20+ dollars to watch that :wow:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Wait people are actually riding with Tony?

Those Accords were fukking bullshyt, LMAO at the Avengers getting blamed for an alien invasion and Hydra plotting to kill millions of people. LMAO at Tony wanting to hold the whole group accountable for Ultron.

That was dumb as fukk.

If he would've went after Scarlett Witch....OOOK, but expecting Cap to become a government fukkboy :camby:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
To keep it trill I went through similar emotions at BVS. I laughed at their version of lex, cried whenever batman wasn't on screen breakin somebody neck, and questioned why I spent 20+ dollars to watch that :wow:

I bet you sat through the Batman parts like :lupe: I aint gon be able to say shyt on the Coli

Then you sat through the Lex parts like :whew: I can now talk shyt on the Coli

Then once it wasn't the classic people hoped for you :ahh:

Glad Civil War made you cry. :manny: It did its job.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I can't front. I did drop some tears of joy. Shyt was that glorious by the end. When Cap dropped the shield I was :mjcry:
Nah, the emotional stakes just didn't hit for me.

I think for Hardcore Marvel fans I could understand though.

However, the action and story had me invested. Just wish they took the airport battle serious. Think it could have been easily the best Marvel movie without the tonal shift.

So far I think Winter Soldier is better. I enjoy GOTG a bit more, but CW is probably a better film. Hard to top the experience of seeing the Avengers the first time. The first Iron Man was dope too.

Still in great company.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Nah, the emotional stakes just didn't hit for me.

I think for Hardcore Marvel fans I could understand though.

However, the action and story had me invested. Just wish they took the airport battle serious. Think it could have been easily the best Marvel movie without the tonal shift.

So far I think Winter Soldier is better. I enjoy GOTG a bit more, but CW is probably a better film. Hard to top the experience of seeing the Avengers the first time. The first Iron Man was dope too.

Still in great company.
Yeah I like WS better to.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I bet you sat through the Batman parts like :lupe: I aint gon be able to say shyt on the Coli

Then you sat through the Lex parts like :whew: I can now talk shyt on the Coli

Then once it wasn't the classic people hoped for you :ahh:

Glad Civil War made you cry. :manny: It did its job.
Lol I didn't literally cry. It's a reference. Y'all never heard "I laughed I cried it was better than cats" or "I laughed i cried...."

But they did a great job keeping you emotionally connected. And the wrap around back to Tony's parents :ohlawd: just when he was back on their side then the video dropped :wow: that's how you build up to a fight

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Lol I didn't literally cry. It's a reference. Y'all never heard "I laughed I cried it was better than cats" or "I laughed i cried...."

But they did a great job keeping you emotionally connected. And the wrap around back to Tony's parents :ohlawd: just when he was back on their side then the video dropped :wow: that's how you build up to a fight

Oh I know, I was just messing with you breh.

It seemed like they were going for a John Doe in Seven type ending. But Zemo just so happen to know Tony is going there or changing his mind, etc..just took away from it for a bit. Would have been more interesting if they discovered it after stopping Zemo. But it wasn't egregious.

Especially since Tony leaves on his own (basically going against what he argued about all the movie), then he knows that Winter Soldier was under mind control (called him the Manchurian Candidate just a few minutes earlier)

Knowing the history of Marvel films and knowing Tony is the one that fukks up. Its like damn he's fukking up again :heh:

But I aint gon lie when he said "He killed my mom" I was like fukk logic..do what you gotta do breh :wow:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
CW didn't have 8 scenes of action in total so why is BvS held to a different standard.

We have

Opening cinematic
BP Chase scene
Airport
Final fight

both movies are like 150 minutes with roughly the same amount of action, equally hokey in places plots, one has much better actors, yet one is like 30% on RT and one is like 90 iirc %

somethings not adding up

All of the characters were already built up. Not to mention the overall plot was an extension of previous movies. The Stark/Rogers beef started back in the first Avengers.

The biggest difference is civil war didn't need to rely soley on spectical and action to carry the movie. They were already well established and had the audience trust.

BvS tried to do the same thing with no foundation except ONE movie. There's no reason why batman couldn't simply talk to superman and ended their beef before it started... There should've have even been a beef to begin with..:russ:

And for the 167,413th time....

They shouldn't have killed Zod :umad:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Wait people are actually riding with Tony?

Those Accords were fukking bullshyt, LMAO at the Avengers getting blamed for an alien invasion and Hydra plotting to kill millions of people. LMAO at Tony wanting to hold the whole group accountable for Ultron.

That was dumb as fukk.

If he would've went after Scarlett Witch....OOOK, but expecting Cap to become a government fukkboy :camby:

Ya'll still on that. In a comic yeah I'd right with Cap all day. In real life, I wan't some motherfukking answers. I need to see them nikkas in a court of law. And I need them under the thumb of an oversight committee

krexzen

All Star
Daps
Not sure if it was just the theater that I went to, but the beginning fight scenes seemed sped up. It was on some fast forward shyt. The middle and ending fight scenes were nice and probably the best I've seen in a comic book movie. The Black Panther and Spider-man were done even better than I expected. They really did them justice.

krexzen

All Star
Daps
Ya'll still on that. In a comic yeah I'd right with Cap all day. In real life, I wan't some motherfukking answers. I need to see them nikkas in a court of law. And I need them under the thumb of an oversight committee

True, Ultron was Tony's fault. He probably should've been jailed for that shyt at worst or sued into bankruptcy at best.