Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
You aint never ate anything before
But your bionicle android ass wanna cook for a flesh and blood woman :deadmanny:

Go on Vision!!:pachaha:
8A8v7WF.gif

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
bucky and the accords ended up overlapping in small instances, but for most of the movie, they were separate.....they tried to force the accords to play a larger part in bucky's story, but it just never felt like they did....at least to me, you think different, that's cool....

Yeah, I get it, and I can see how you would separate them. I'm not trying to belabor my point or argue with you, but your posts have made me really reflect on how these two things are different and similar. It just occurred to me that Howard Stark, Dr. Erskine, S.H.I.E.L.D and Hydra all created the serum(s) and technology responsible for both Captain America and the Winter Soldier. Two sides of coin and great symbolism of how people in power can create things that both protect and destroy. Steve probably is more focused on how they have destroyed his best friend and others' lives. I think you're make a good point though, they probably could have done a better job of showing the links between the two in the movie.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Breh he gonna get in them draws no matter what. I'm very interested to see if Marvel plays around with the concept of both of them having a kid. The casual fanbase is gonna be confused as hell if it happens.
I went to the flix twice to see it
Once with my girl and once with my pops
And i "quietly" explained to both of em how they been a couple throughout the comics
And they both looked at me like "well no shyt!" :stopitslime:

Lol

From seeing how he was in the movie

Theyre def going there

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
Movie actually pulled me in, wasn't really feeling the MCU like that but Civil War made me a believer... and now I'm trying to watch them all.

This is shyt I dreamed of as a kid, hollywood could never do it right WATTBA!!

We actually have a live-action marvel movie universe. Can't wait for Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel...Thor/Hulk too

So far I DVR'd

Winter Soldier
GOTG
Age Of Ultron

need to DL the first Avengers movie and Ironman 3 even though I heard it was whack.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Cause they're both Marvel characters dumbass :comeon:

:beli: I know that.

Just saying that a BP type of character is a character that Marvel doesn't deserve, because he, and Captain America, are too "perfect" for Marvel's anti hero fest. They both can fit in DC perfectly and change the status quo, for the better.

Just that at the bottom line, CW highlighted the physical fighting perfection of BP and Cap.

Juven

All Star
Daps
Ummmmm well for one.... the video footage was already in that lab with the monitor, the vcr, and all the other computer stuff that he like didnt walk in with.

I think that UN Council situation was more or less a situation where a door of opportunity opened for him. I dont think he wouldve bombed it for the sake of bombing it if all the UN reps wasnt there. Though he was trying to frame Bucky so possibly he'd bomb somewhere else. But that was more or less an opportunity that presented itself to him

who recorded the footage? i thought the zemo dude did that, and he saved in case he needed it later on. Im pretty sure tonys parents died before the avengers teamed up so how did he know the tape would be so valuable? how did zemo know tonys parents would die there? or that they were about to get killed?

im just confused about this camera. Russian dude in the beginning told bucky no witnesses

either dude can travel thru time or movie had some plot holes..

Last edited:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Will they add those Netflix characters to the MCU??

One of the Russo Brothers pretty much said nah.

Will Netflix Marvel Characters Appear In Avengers: Infinity War? Russos Weigh In

"The Marvel Universe is sprawling - the Marvel Cinematic Universe is enormous. Just think of all the characters that haven't been introduced yet that are going to be introduced by the time that we're working on Infinity War," Joe Russo said. "We have a tough task just telling the stories of the characters who exist [on the big screen] in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, let alone adding the entire Marvel Television universe," he said.

Don't lose hope though, TV fans.

"Anything is possible in the Marvel Universe. It's certainly something we're considering," he teased. "But our focus is on telling the stories of the characters that currently exist on the movie side."

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
who recorded the footage? i thought the zemo dude did that, and he saved in case he needed it later on. Im pretty sure tonys parents died before the avengers teamed up so how did he know the tape would be so valuable? how did zemo know tonys parents would die there? or that they were about to get killed?

Hydra has wanted Howard Stark dead since Captain America The First Avenger. They ended up killing the Dr. that created Cap's super serum. Howard Stark always been on Hydra's hit list. I am sure it was Hydra recording the execution style to show the upper ranking Hydra Officials that the job has finally been achieved to take Stark out. As well, it shows that The Winter Soldier got another notch/mission done for Hydra.

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

im just confused about this camera. Russian dude in the beginning told bucky no witnesses

giphy.gif

Ok..... how do we do this.

Ummmmm.... so you know how like there are cameras at lights or security cams that record pretty much everything outside of your home? It was just something that got caught on like a security or traffic cam. Hydra is basically equivalent to Shield or the government, so getting that footage wouldnt be a difficult task. If you just saw this weeks Agents, you see how characters can get vid feedback. Many secret agencies access the cameras on jobs and secure them so they can remain hidden to the world.

Let me break this down to you like this.... think of the OJ case and think of video footage like the Furhman tapes. Now Cochran didnt record them, Cochran didnt anticipate OJ was gonna murder someone and Furhman would be involved so he saved them for that moment. NO.

It was stated early in the movie that Zemo was doing research trying to get all the info on Hydra.... he had a hell of a head start at that base, he came across that vid there. He knew the tapes would be valuable just like Cochrans team knew the Furhman tapes would be valuable.... kinda of a common sense thing.

He didnt know Tony's parents would die there, he just found a tape.:dwillhuh:

When Bucky was told "No witnesses" that meant kill the marks and anyone who may have been around. Bucky did just that, he killed Starks parents then shot the camera. But that doesnt mean that Hydra isnt going to keep tabs on him to make sure he doesnt fukk up the mission, get killed, captured, or betray them. Hydra was ALWAYS watching Bucky and therefore they kept tabs on every move he made in and outside the base. You really think with the way they keep him locked up and etc they just gonna let him walk out and trust that he does everything he's ordered to do?:francis:

I hope this clears it up for you:ld:

Daps
they're at odds the whole movie. after all that fighting and all that violence, it would have been nice to see cap come through in the end and remind everyone what makes him cap in the first place. this movie felt tailor made for that character's leadership abilities to shine through.

RDJ

Once Robert Downey Jr.'s role became more than a cameo and this became an Avengers-lite movie, you knew they wouldnt portray Cap 100% favorably because that would probably paint Tony in the wrong by proxy. Had to make it grey for the sake of fan discussion but more importantly to preserve the popularity of their most popular character in the MCU :manny:

doublex

Pro
Daps
RDJ

Once Robert Downey Jr.'s role became more than a cameo and this became an Avengers-lite movie, you knew they wouldnt portray Cap 100% favorably because that would probably paint Tony in the wrong by proxy. Had to make it grey for the sake of fan discussion but more importantly to preserve the popularity of their most popular character in the MCU :manny:

It also makes for a better movie if both Steve and Tony's stances are defensible. It would also be OOC if Tony was totally wrong, unreasonable, and evil.