Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
For the sake of debate. Why do you think it didn't catch Star Wars, Jurassic World or the first two Avengers then?

Edit: Disney definitely didn't slack on the advertising.

I loved the movie just wanted it to pass 200 million.

Star Wars and Jurassic have nostalgia behind them and both hadn't dropped a movie in years since their respective sequels. Young and old know those franchises and Star Wars has a vast incredible fan base that stretches back to the 70's that can't be ignored. :ehh:Cap 2 did 700 mill+ which is nothing negative in the least and Civil War is doing plenty of damage. It just came out and I think word of mouth will carry it to it's first billie movie. Avengers was the first time that many franchise superheroes teamed up like that and word of mouth carried it to a billie. Avengers 2 had the first movie so people were confident and hyped that it would be good. Im3 was the only movie of a singe franchise in the MCU to make over a billie so that proved that audiences just gravitated more towards RDJ than anything else and it came out after the first Avengers so it carried a lot of hype.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Just corny and a waste of time, oH look iron man flirting with aunt may. Then a little smug spiderman in his room for like 5 minutes.

Too bad he didn't get bodied

how was aunt may and spidey unnecessary? :patrice:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
man I seen the new trailer for Xmen Apocalypse :dahell:

I swear theres nuff shyt that doesnt make sense...imma let yaw be the judge

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
People keep talking about these winter soldiers, they clearly showed those guys were unstable killing machines and barely controllable at all. That's the whole reason they were on ice in the first place cause not even Hydra could control them and the project was canned.
You know if they went with that super solider crap, a bunch of people would be pointing out what a huge plot hole that is

I know I know. I just wanted more bad ass soldiers:ohlawd:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Star Wars and Jurassic have nostalgia behind them and both hadn't dropped a movie in years since their respective sequels. Young and old know those franchises and Star Wars has a vast incredible fan base that stretches back to the 70's that can't be ignored. :ehh:Cap 2 did 700 mill+ which is nothing negative in the least and Civil War is doing plenty of damage. It just came out and I think word of mouth will carry it to it's first billie movie. Avengers was the first time that many franchise superheroes teamed up like that and word of mouth carried it to a billie. Avengers 2 had the first movie so people were confident and hyped that it would be good. Im3 was the only movie of a singe franchise in the MCU to make over a billie so that proved that audiences just gravitated more towards RDJ than anything else and it came out after the first Avengers so it carried a lot of hype.

That & Civil War will get repeated viewership during it's theater run based off the good reviews and word of mouth.

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
This was disappointing to me. Dudes were saying this was the best superhero film since The Dark Knight and got me all hyped up, thinking I was going to see something truly special but all I got was another by the numbers Marvel film.

One of the main things that frustrated me was how everything just seemed forced and on the nose. From Scarlet Witch mistakenly killing all those people and feeling visibly upset about it, to the lady confronting Tony about her son, and the worst of all, the speech at the funeral that was obviously put there to motivate Steve.

Plus It shouldn't have taken this long for the issue of collateral damage to come up. The seeds should have been planted during the first Avengers film, perhaps even earlier. Do that and everything feels more organic. They had four chances( prior films) to plant the seed, water it, then watch it germinate. Civil War should have been the blooming but because lack of proper long term planning, the Russo brothers had to do everything in this one film.

Also how the hell hasn't anyone died yet?

Last edited:

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
tumblr_o5v17ckOYS1tfc49no1_1280.png

:mjlol:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Ps surprised no reviewer or anyone in general mentioned how Wanda suddenly became American overnight and has dropped the sokovian (faux eastern european) accent she had in AoU
In the movie, When Cap confronted Tony about locking up his team in a jail, Tony said that Wanda wasn't an American citizen.

A few members have mentioned that Wanda's accent was more subdued in this movie and they preferred it that way.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
How does thecoli feel about BP basically
Having a good Christian moment being all forgiving at the end? He spends the whole movie trying to kill the man who killed his dad. Gets to him then lets him live.
i was really waiting for him to put a claw through ol boy's heart, but overall it made sense i guess:francis:

still:mjpls:-ish though

i see these nikkas :mjpls: