Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
That unnerved me about Marvel in general.... I mean Quicksilver died in AoU... but I guess that's only so it won't get confused with the one in X-Men. But in this film that is about CIVIL WAR... based on the comics where Captain America dies.... NOBODY got killed, barely left with any real damage aside from Winter Soldier losing his FAKE ARM and Rhode being crippled due to getting hit... BY ACCIDENT. :francis:

Well they did kill T'Challa's father. :mjpls:

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
That unnerved me about Marvel in general.... I mean Quicksilver died in AoU... but I guess that's only so it won't get confused with the one in X-Men. But in this film that is about CIVIL WAR... based on the comics where Captain America dies.... NOBODY got killed, barely left with any real damage aside from Winter Soldier losing his FAKE ARM and Rhode being crippled due to getting hit... BY ACCIDENT. :francis:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
They don't have any villains that could make up a Masters of Evil for Zemo to lead.

Loki, Enchantress possibly, Abomination is locked up, Red Skull is still out there, and Spider-Man has some villains that can come through as well. Not to mention Klaw who is Panthers main enemy along with whoever is a part of Ms. Marvels movie.:ehh: IF they go this route they have some options. Not to mention Dr. Strange and his rogues gallery stay fukking with the planet period :sadcam:

Uh Oh

Bake 'em away, toys
Daps
I watched this movie today for the 2nd time. Still an 8/10. Can't wait to see where Cap and his crew go from here. The way they brought in Black Panther and Spider-Man, along with showcasing Ant-Man the way they did, they essentially had trailers for those 3 characters' movies, while not detracting from the movie at all. I've seen some posters mention that they didn't like Hawkeye, but I enjoyed him in this movie, especially the scene where he's talking shyt to Tony at the prison.

Am I crazy or did Scarlet Witch lose her Euro-Slav accent from AOU. bytch sounded like plain ole Becky to me in this one lol
Like @Conz said, it was there but very toned down. I'm glad they did that, too. Her and Quicksilver's accents in AoU were terrible.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

A minimal use of an important character to only introduce us to Black Panther....and nothing more. You may as well said they killed off a perfectly good adversary with Crossbones. We talking about the MAIN CHARACTERS that were actually fighting each other in a so-called "civil war" which had more emphasis in the word CIVIL than with the word WAR. :beli:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i know im not the only one who expected tchalla to decapitate baron at the end

puss ass disney

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Añd I haven't read much of this thread but is anyone else picking up on the fact that Black Panther's is gonna eventually fukk Black Widow.

Barring Fox giving the rights to X-Men and he never meets Storm.

He did say that "two people can get more done in a room than a room full of people". I see you Black Panther :russ:

But I think he will be a strong pro black character in the MCU.

Saw this movie twice and loved it. Every super hero got their shine in the movie and each and every one of them took advantage of it in their own respect.

Great way to flesh out BP in this film.

Ant-Man and Spiderman were really the fan boys in all the viewers. I loved it! fukking GIANT MAN was awesome! Spidey taking on Buck, Falcoln, and Cap!! Perfect depiction of him. Love this version of Spidey

Scarlett Witch getting more control of her powers. She's the Jean Gray of the MCU.

That Mark Furman line was unexpected. Falcon got a lot of spotlight in the film.

"Calm down there Manchurian Candidate" LOL

I wonder will Buck be around for Infinity War.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Yup. He realized justice isn't him taking vengeance but justice is him rotting in a cell

Realizing who was really behind the bombing made a difference too. I doubt he makes the same choice if, as he originally thought, a rogue superhuman assassin was responsible

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I do wish that some main characters were killed. It would be the perfect story arc for Captain America to be killed in this by the government.

Then Doctor Strange reviving him in Infinity War. But still great movie.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
it's looking like cap might have the best trilogy in MCU and comicbook movies in general imo. every cap movie has dope fight scenes and i love that his films focus more on character history/development, politics, ethics and morality. i personally loved the story line and plot. plus i loved that they had a lot of characters involved but it didn't seem bloated and every character was still able to still shine.

the apartment scene with cap and bucky was my favorite and every action scene BP was involved in was dope as well. bucky and his mechanical arm really grew on me after seeing him showcase it more.

i thought zemo was the perfect villain for civil war and the themes of the film. one of the themes that stood out to me is family/bond and zemo knew the best way to defeat the avengers is to break that so they beat themselves. the story was great and the build up to the ending was perfect. at the start of the movie, they showed bucky killing a couple of drivers and then you see iron man replaying his last moment with his parents at MIT, then finally at the end of the film he sees the footage of bucky killing the drivers who happen to be his parents. even tho tony stark didn't have a good relationship with his parents from what we saw during his augmented memory, he still loves them and wanted to do whatever it took to kill bucky in their honor, despite cap telling him bucky was under hydra's control. i say all that because even tho cap and stark battled it out and bumped heads, cap wrote him that letter saying family is everything to him and if you need me, call me:wow:

even t'challa's goal was to get revenge for his father.

i think what made this movie really good was that it focused on the avengers instead of a villain. we learned a lot more about the character's moral and beliefs.

just some random thoughts/2 cents :yeshrug:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
I do wish that some main characters were killed. It would be the perfect story arc for Captain America to be killed in this by the government.

Then Doctor Strange reviving him in Infinity War. But still great movie.
nah but then you'd have ppl complaining about disney being too soft and not making deaths permanent.....at some point yall will realize that deaths in comics rarely happen (especially to really popular characters) so to expect it in these movies before thanos even shows up is just retarded

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
My girl said "the real problem is Iron Man." :mjlol:

shyt was poppin like it should be
I didnt really get the scene with Tony gettin up with Peter Parker tho
Like "hey, you gotta get your superhero on with me or ima fukk you auntie!"
:deadmanny: