Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I dont get how people keep sayin Cap got outshined in his own shyt
Like its completely hard to comprehend or something

shyt, Wolverines side arc was the best story in the Civil War BOOK!
:deadmanny:

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Just got back. :wow: 9/10. I think I like Winter Soldier is better for being just a more streamalined movie, but this being close is just a testament of how they put soo much in this one movie.

The action in this is second to none. There might be movies as good but yo this is god tier action! The airport scene is great but I a little too jokey at times. But the scene of Bucky escaping his apartment until they catch him is bonkers! Bucky puts in fukkin' work! I loved his action beats. Black Panther as well is a straight G with the claws and flips! And the hand to hand with him and Bucky. :whew::whew:

The comedy is great Vision, Ant-man, Falcon, and Tony all have great lol moments.

I liked Zemo, his ultimate plan was actually grounded and made sense. And he indeed succeeded. I doubt that's the last of him.

The last Act was just an acting tour de force by RDJ, he is actually a noticeably a better actor compared to everyone else.

Agent 13's eulogy of Peggy was just. :mjcry: thank you Russo Brothers.

I am extremely glad the other super soldiers didn't get activated that shyt would have been wack. When I heard about them I was like what? :patrice:

Although I like the portrayal of Spiderman, Tom Holland is definitely a good choice I felt him almost unnecessary and kinda of an irresponsible choice by Tony to include him. If he's all traumatized over collateral damage inviting a kid in the mix is kinda dumb.

I understand why he is so in the tank for Bucky but Steve was just off the reservation after a certain point. This niqqa Bucky was catching bodies right in front of you and even tried to kill your dumb ass. You gotta respect authority at some point and think saving him might not be possible. I'm glad Bucky actually acknowledged the fact on the way to Russia.

There is a lot in this movie and they did a good job juggling everything I do think it was a little too much. Spiderman specifically, that's like the only reason I give WS the edge over this.
Yeah that was really irresponsible of Tony to do that. Had me like :snoop::mjpls: at the same time.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
One thing that has made me :ohhh:about BP was the fact that the mantle isn't tied to the crown. He says it's passed from "warrior to warrior" At the very least, in the Hudlin/Romita run - it was the title given to the chief. The way they flipped it here makes the role of Black Panther seem like a National Superhero, instead of ceremonial title given to the head of state.

So T'challa was Black Panther who happened to become king ("And now I am both :birdman:"). Could set up some interesting conflicts in his solo joint. :leon:
They took inspiration from Priest's run (He even got thanks in the credits) where the crown and BP title were seperate

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Outside of TDK I didn't really care for The Dark Knight Trilogy.

Not that they were bad movies, but they didn't capture the spirit or the concepts of Batman or the comics at all. Like if you don't read the comics, I can see how this issue would be a non factor to you, but if you are a fan of the comic books, you gotta take issue with how Batman was represented in those films.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Naw

Naw nikka u on crack if u think I HAVE to like the Dark Knight trilogy:russ:

Yeah, the Cap movies are good, just not Oscar worthy performances. Winter Soldier made me feel :damn: for most of the film. This film was A1 on action, but little else.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I dont get how people keep sayin Cap got outshined in his own shyt
Like its completely hard to comprehend or something

shyt, Wolverines side arc was the best story in the Civil War BOOK!
:deadmanny:

But he did. :ld: If you say that Cap did a better job than Black Panther or even Ironman, you would be buggin out. 12 heroes in one flick made this the proper Avengers 1 followup.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
But he did. :ld: If you say that Cap did a better job than Black Panther or even Ironman, you would be buggin out. 12 heroes in one flick made this the proper Avengers 1 followup.
I already knew what to expect going in the shyt lol
Of course he was gonna get outshined by other characters
Is this supposed to be an argument?:martin:
Its funny Spidey had such a small role in the flik (understandable) when he was probably MAIN character in the original story
He was the one with the most to lose outa all this shyt

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Outside of TDK I didn't really care for The Dark Knight Trilogy.

Not that they were bad movies, but they didn't capture the spirit or the concepts of Batman or the comics at all. Like if you don't read the comics, I can see how this issue would be a non factor to you, but if you are a fan of the comic books, you gotta take issue with how Batman was represented in those films.
And Marvel hasn't drastically changed Thor and Iron Man:pachaha:

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
This was such a Captain America dikk sucking movie

You're telling me just because he barely stopped that helicopter he's gonna stop a guy that can fly faster than a fighter jet?:comeon:

I did like how they fleshed out the two sides and both sides had legit reasons for acting the way they did:ehh:

Captain America is still a bytch tho :umad:

"B...b...b...but Bucky is my friend":mjcry:

FOH u bytch :camby:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Shut the fukk up what's the second one?

Captain America: Civil War's post-credits scenes (spoilers)

The post-credits scene is a tease for Spider-Man: Homecoming
What happens: Peter Parker (Tom Holland) is sporting a bruise and talking to Aunt May (Marisa Tomei) about how he got it. He's hedging a bit, saying it happened at school during a fight that involved a boy named Steve, who's from Brooklyn. Of course, we know that Brooklyn Steve is actually Captain America. The scene ends with Aunt May leaving the room, and we see that Peter is wearing a laser-emitting device on his wrist. A gift probably from Tony Stark, it projects the Spider-Man logo and features all kinds of icons and buttons.

Why it matters: Just like Civil War's mid-credits scene, the film's post-credits scene is setting up a new movie — in this case, Spider-Man: Homecoming, which is due out in 2017. It's a big deal for Marvel, since the company finally has creative control over its iconic character after Sony's five Spider-Man movies. But unlike Black Panther's scene, Spider-Man's scene doesn't contain any hints of conflict — it's just a chance to hype the upcoming film, and to spend a bit more screen time with Holland's winning Spider-Man.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Just leaving the movies. You can't give this shyt less than an 8. I mean gawd dann what the fukk did I just see. If you sick of people talking bout the middle fight.it lives up to expectations. It's fan fukking tastic. However and this may just me, the final battle may actually be the best battle scene in a marvel film, if not for middle fight. Cap and Iron man GO!!!!