Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Was watching the same one for first three mins, so hard to not watch now. Can't sleep now either :francis:
Man i watched that shyt
Ima pothead
There was no way i wasnt gonna watch it :deadmanny:

Some smoke
A box of them grape mike n ikes
And some coconut water

I didnt stand a chance:russ:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Just came from viewing the movie, UK EARLY UP IN THIS :blessed:

CONS;

*Villains were terrible, Zemo was useless and served no concrete plot to the film, crossbone was HELLA UNDERUSED, he was so dope and they killed him 5 mins after his inveiling smhhhh
* The forced tension between tony and cap in the beginning came out of nowhere, until the end even though he was wrong, all this could've been solved if he just listened
*Vision messing up and sniping rhodey was kinda off plot, didn't get it
*the continuing calling of LAGOS, lahhgawwws :dahell: , as a Nigerian I was offended smh
*There is NEVER any heavy consequence feeling in a marvel movie, its always lighthearted consequences, you never feel that ''OH MY GOD, THIS IS IT, ITS OVER'' moment, its just ehh he made it

PROS;

*T'Challa, KING CHALLA, MY nikkaAAA CHALLA, THE PANTHER KIND, BRUHHHH, THIS nikka WAS AMAZING, PLAYED NO GAMES, GAVE NO DAMN BOUT NO DUMB CACS, he was bout his business, the accent and language was so smooth, didn't come off as forced
* Spiderman was so flamessss, kid was fast, strong, cracked dope jokes, knew he was a kid and had kid issues, but he killed it
* The airport fight scene was literally the BOMB, everyone was pulling stomps out of nowhere and killed it, def Black Panther was whooping ass and wanda used her powers in ways that visually was beautiful
*AUNT MAY CAN GET THIS DIZZIIIICK ANY DAY, NIGHT, ALL THE GAHH DAMN TIME

MY REVIEW:

Movie started out dope in connecting the bucky/ tony story line ..

T'chaka and T'challa's interaction was dope, felt that father and son relationship and it was nice.. T'challa's Dora Milje was a beast, she had that look where you knew she gave ZERO DAMNS, she was bout it, bout it :lawd:

how quickly Tony gave into the registration was kind of annoying, he didn't even try to find out the underlying cause to resolve it just gave in like yeah screw you all we sign or you arrested smh...

Cap played the cowboy scout perfectly, stood his ground and kicked ass even when Tony handled him in Serbia, he still kept it trill

Tony going to Queens and the whole interaction with spidey was dope..
FINALLY, Falcon was used perfectly, he kicked ass IN STYLE and was useful this time round, loved it
Hated it had to be rhodey but someone ha to get got .
Antman was actually better than most here and he was dope, didn't do much but when he did HE WAS IT..

Hated how they joked pretty much all throughout the movie but some jokes were necessary e.g ''Falcon and Panther 'is that a cat' costume'' :mjlol:

OVERALL..

The Russo bros DID IT, they handled a lot of characters well and not one felt out of place, the fight scenes were A1 and I loved it..

Movie: 7.5/10

fight scenes: 10/10
plot: 6.5/10
jokes: 5/10

I cant wait for Dr. Strange now..

PANTHER, Spidey & Antman killed the show.. PANTHER was everything you expected, BLACK EXCELLENCE IN TRUE FORM, IT MADE ME PROUD :blessed:

*UPDATE*
after all the hours letting the movie sink it, it just dawned on me how light the movie was compared to winter soldier.. like there was NO WEIGHT of consequences from any ones actions.
in winter soldier, at that moment in the car scene you felt :damn: L JACKSON REALLY GON DIE

while in CW, there was not 1 scene that made me feel that way, the fact it was called civil war too and not one person had any lasting grave consequence, shyt they only had rhodey break his spine and once he had that fitting, didnt even look like shyt changed in his life, nikka is back up walking just with a strain

thats the word, no real emotional aspect in the movie. and it was clear tony was the real loser in this cause i keep seeing people say there wasnt a clear winner.. i mean he forced the whole team to sign on, made cap a fugitive EVEN though cap was right, could've worked together to uncover the truth.

so with that I put the movie at 7.5/10

*UPDATE*

I totally agree with your point on Zemo. Dude was underwhelming for me the first time watching and the 2nd time, his scenes were straight up unbearable, cause I knew how useless to the plot he really was:scust:.

In my opinion, he is worse, overall, than Lex in BvS (Lex is still more annoying though)

His plan too was just overly contrived, watching it the 2nd time I just sat there thinking, "There is no ways he could have planned for and predicted an outcome like this:rudy:"

Like, how could he have known for sure that Captain would turn on Ironman, in favour of Bucky?

Also, when he "washed" Bucky's mind, how was he so sure that Captain would manage to stop him and extract that info about the Siberian base/5 super assasins from him, thus leading Cap and Bucky there?

Also how could he have known that Falcon (or anybody) would give this information to Tony Stark, thus leading Ironman there too?:mindblown:

It's like without leaving any bread crumbs, he just somehow knew that Cap, Bucky and Iron Man would follow him to that secret base, where he just conveniently had the video of Winter Soldier killing Tony Parents on deck, ready to be played:dahell:

In fact, why go through all that bullshyt if his only goal was to divide the Avengers? Why not just mail the video to Stark Industries?:mindblown:

Maybe I'm missing/overlooking a few points in my analysis but he was a fukking awful villian (plot-device) for me:scust:

Last edited:

Jards

All Star
Daps
If what you are saying is true and Cap is STILL riding for Bucky then Steve Rogers is a fukk boy
Bucky was being mind controlled so he's not accountable for his actions.:manny:
Nah, Bucks was under Hydra's mind control, I understand why Tony reacted that why but not agree with it, Bucks was innocent in my eyes.

I fukk with Cap no h/m but he was a bytch in the sense that he knew his boy killed Tony's parents yet he still sat back and let Tony fund the team that he leads as well as wield the shield made by the man that his boy punched to death. What was even more bytch made was that he was bytching at Fury throughout the whole of Winter Soldier for keeping secrets.

#TeamStark

Did a second viewing after watching First Avenger and Winter Soldier b2b and WS def trumps CW in terms of plot and action. CW is better in terms of a spectacle although with all the heroes involved that should've been the case. I think the 'twist' with Bucky killing Tony's parents was well played out in terms of how they built up to it and the film keeps you engaged. 8.5 out of 10 because it was beyond entertaining. The fact that I watched WS right before the second viewing allowed some better perspective on this film tbh and actually shows how much of a masterpiece WS is.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
They don't need it but Civil War is using some of that Deadpool advertising:mjlol:

ChdEIhCU4AAMAMB.jpg:large

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
WS is just much tighter storytelling, Civil War has an ill story but it becomes an Avengers movie very quickly.

There's too many threads and they sacrifice the heart of the story a bit by bringing in so many characters (especially Peter).

@Jards I know Cap knew Tony's parents were murdered but I thought he didn't know it was Buck?

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
I totally agree with your point on Zemo. Dude was underwhelming for me the first time watching and the 2nd time, his scenes were straight up unbearable, cause I knew how useless to the plot he really was:scust:.

In my opinion, he is worse, overall, than Lex in BvS (Lex is still more annoying though)

His plan too was just overly contrived, watching it the 2nd time I just sat there thinking, "There is no ways he could have planned for and predicted an outcome like this:rudy:"

Like, how could he have known for sure that Captain would turn on Ironman, in favour of Bucky?

Also, when he "washed" Bucky's mind, how was he so sure that Captain would manage to stop him and extract that info about the Siberian base/5 super assasins from him, thus leading Cap and Bucky there?

Also how could he have known that Falcon (or anybody) would give this information to Tony Stark, thus leading Ironman there too?:mindblown:

It's like without leaving any bread crumbs, he just somehow knew that Cap, Bucky and Iron Man would follow him to that secret base, where he just conviniently had the video of Winter Soldier killing Tony Parents on deck, ready to be played:dahell:

In fact, why go through all that bullshyt if his only goal was to divide the Avengers? Why not just mail the video to Stark Industries?:mindblown:

Maybe I'm missing/overlooking a few points in my analysis but he was a fukking awful villian (plot-devise) for me:scust:

dawwwg exactly, like it all just fell in place so neatly even though he had NO IDEA how it would have, made zero sense but it looked good tho

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
-zemo was merely a plot devise but the actor was great and he didn't really detract from the story I had a bigger problem with the
winter soldier/Tony's parents reveal.
If that didn't happen in the comics :camby:

-Crossbones
death
had huge ramifications though as it's the last cap film we don't really need him anymore.

-Same here Its like they were mentioning that place in Vietnam, it's lay-gus not la-goes.

-While I don't feel they went far enough there were consequences,
rhodey was paralyzed (if only for a minute). Bucky lost his arm, had a crisis of conscience and decided to go back on ice. Rogers relinquished his position as leader of the avengers e.t.c No one was ever going to die
.I am just glad it wasn't all sunshine and roses
I didnt even have a problem with the stark/ bucky parents thing, it made sense how that conflict happened, we kindaaaaaaaaaaaaa saw it coming especially from the begining then the $612 million therapy thing he used, it was foreshadowed..

HATEEEED the way they said Lagos, me and my brehhs were all pissed throughout like tf is this :dahell:

i get the consequences but it didnt feel heavy at all, like it just passed and ohh, we free now but hey keep the shield its w/e bro

Last edited:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Yeah, maybe the 3rd Captain America film shouldn't have been Civil War, now that I think about it. I wanted a tighter feel to this movie and there wasn't a moment that felt like :merchant: ...not at all. Even the beef with Cap and Ironman was rushed. They could have built it up from Age of Ultron and grow from there

it was rushed but it worked for the movie JUST HATE the whole disney family no one ever suffers bullshyt they do, SOOOOOOOOOO AFTER all that, nothing happened, everyone got away, no one died, i mean bruh ya'll just blew up a whole airport and that was it, a couple of black eyes ??? smhhhh

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Bucky was being mind controlled so he's not accountable for his actions.:manny:

Well, outside of the opening scene all of the movie's action is superhero against superhero so you kinda knew beforehand that nobody was gonna take that real L.

I think they made the wrong decision though having Vision fukk up and take out Rhodey by accident. If someone on Cap's team was directly responsible for Rhodey's paralysis it would've made the conflict between Cap and Tony far more serious (a twist on Ragnarok Thor killing Goliath in the comic story).

dawgg I was so confused with the vision shyt cause it made ZERO SENSE AT ALL, and tony blasts Falcon why ??? nikka aint do anything smh..

if it was Bucky who did it, the tension would've been much deeper and it wouldve felt more emotional

Jards

All Star
Daps
WS is just much tighter storytelling, Civil War has an ill story but it becomes an Avengers movie very quickly.

There's too many threads and they sacrifice the heart of the story a bit by bringing in so many characters (especially Peter).

@Jards I know Cap knew Tony's parents were murdered but I thought he didn't know it was Buck?
At the end the before they fight after watching the video Tony asks Cap did he know - first Cap says he had an idea that Hydra was involved and then Tony asks him again and Cap admits he knew.

Then at the end when Tony's reading the letter from Cap, Cap says in the letter that he didn't tell Tony because he thought he was protecting Tony from the truth but really he was protecting himself

Jards

All Star
Daps
it was rushed but it worked for the movie JUST HATE the whole disney family no one ever suffers bullshyt they do, SOOOOOOOOOO AFTER all that, nothing happened, everyone got away, no one died, i mean bruh ya'll just blew up a whole airport and that was it, a couple of black eyes ??? smhhhh
Even though no one died shyt didn't finish hunky dorey and there's now a clear divide in the team - Rhodey is now paralysed, Tony knows Bucky killed his parents and that Cap also knew about this before and half the team hates Tony cause he got them jammed up. It wasn't like it finished with them all being superfriends. Plus Infinity War is coming up - Russos aren't gonna write themselves into a corner where a bunch of nikkas die and then when Thanos touches down half the team is already dead and the other half hate each other to the point where the relationships are irreparable