Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Here's my post from the Winter Soldier thread confirming that @wire28 has no idea what he's talking about. :russ: :umad:

This might be my favorite Marvel Studios film to date. I really enjoyed Iron Man and Avengers but this had everything. Cap fukked shyt up in the first five minutes more so than his first movie in its entirety. This had some great lines but they didn't over do it with the comedy. The thing that really set it apart though was the slightly darker tone and the ridiculous action sequences. This was like Metal Gear Solid meets Michael Mann meets Marvel superheroes :ohlawd:

Winter Soldier was also a great villain. They did a great job with him. He was so :demonic:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
@loyola llothta I'm objective :umad:

I went into this with low expectations and was blown away. No really, it's really well done. It's a lot better than Age of Ultron. I don't mind some humor in these movies if it's going to be written well and it was. No surprise I like Paul Rudd quite a bit and he delivered here for real. He was legit. I really bought dude as a useful member for the Avengers moving forward. All of the action sequences between he and Yellowjacket were put together well too. It was light but I felt that fit the context more than buildings falling, people dying and nikkas still trying to get their one liners in. Michael Douglas was cool as Hank. I wouldn't mind seeing a period piece with him.

Oh and the fight between
Ant-Man and The Falcon
was dope as fukk. It had a cool dynamic to it showing off their respective strengths and weaknesses. :myman:

Good movie. I'd put it way above the Iron Man sequel crap and Age of Ultron. I'd put it above both Thor movies too. :manny:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Now that the mindless sheep are out of the way, we can have a discussion. You gotta think, Russos action sequences along with Spider-Man (if don't correctly) and Black Panther (if done correctly! don't waste him!) this should be a really great movie even if it doesn't quite get to the level of Winter Soldier.

That TV spot with Hawkeye and Black Widow had me feeling a little like Joss Whedon did some writing, let's hope that type of shyt is kept to a minimum :scusthov:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Now that the mindless sheep are out of the way, we can have a discussion. You gotta think, Russos action sequences along with Spider-Man (if don't correctly) and Black Panther (if done correctly! don't waste him!) this should be a really great movie even if it doesn't quite get to the level of Winter Soldier.

That TV spot with Hawkeye and Black Widow had me feeling a little like Joss Whedon did some writing, let's hope that type of shyt is kept to a minimum :scusthov:
Why isn't the level of WS? You saw it?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
As much as I enjoyed Winter Soldier.

When did that movie become considered better than Avengers :jbhmm:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Why isn't the level of WS? You saw it?

Read my post again, I said even if it isn't on the level of WS it could still be really good.. it doesn't have to be as good as WS for me to think it's a good movie because to me WS was probably a 8.5 or 9 out of 10. There's only a couple comic book movies I'd put over it, like The Dark Knight.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
As much as I enjoyed Winter Soldier.

When did that movie become considered better than Avengers :jbhmm:

I think it's the replay value. I loved Avengers when I first saw it. On replay Whedon's bullshyt starts to wear thin. Avengers is still good but then he followed it up with Age of Ultron which was convoluted AND had terrible dialogue. He went full-Whedon.

I can watch Winter Soldier anytime it's on. :ehh:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Go check out my posts in the Winter Solider thread, Ant-Man, GOTG.. overwhelming praise. You are simply a blind stan that will accept anything that is put out. I'm objective. :ehh:
:mjlol: you been posting non stop trying to prove you objective but been catching feelings over BvS nonstop. You ain't foolin nobody out here doggy

Edit: bringing up quotes who you tryin to prove it to me or yourself :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
:mjlol: you been posting non stop trying to prove you objective but been catching feelings over BvS nonstop. You ain't foolin nobody out here doggy

This guy stay making himself look foolish :ahh: :ahh:

My take on GOTG.. :russ:

I have no idea what half you nikkas are even talking about. You fakkits watch Marvel Studios and you will all watch the DC movies too so stop frontin' like you won't be there.

Now.. On to Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm calling this a top 3 Marvel movie right here. Maybe their second best. It had the perfect mix of action/comedy and blended in some serious moments when they needed to. The universe was beautiful and immersive. Pratt fukking killed it, Batista was funny and the combo of Groot/Rocket had the whole theater :dead:

All we need now is a little more of Gamora fukking shyt up. As for the villain talk, Ronan was okay. What I liked about him is that everyone was like :whoa: to the idea of battling Ronan except Thanos who was like :childplease: and keep it movin scrap. That lets you know Ronan is a boss but it also lets you know that Thanos does not give one single solitary fukk about anyone :merchant:

I can't wait 'til Thanos flexes :myman:

I might buy this soundtrack too. Too much piff :ohlawd:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even the lukewarm reactions are praising Spidey and BP :wow:

It seems like it's flaws are the ones I expected it to have. Too many elements to juggle and an undercooked villain. Sounds like this movie and TWS will parallel TDK and TDKR except this seems like it will be more of crowd pleaser than the latter was.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Stan wars :scust:
fukk a Marvel vs DC war Black Panther might be piff. Saw this quote from somewhere
"Chadwick Boseman is fantastic as Black Panther. Can't wait to see his solo film. He absolutely nailed the role."
"Black Panther is incredible. Boseman plays him as both regal and full of rage. The most serious character in the film."
"Boseman kills it as Black Panther."
"The Black Panther is the best debut superhero character in history"
"T'Challa steals the show and honestly, I'll be there opening night for his solo. Hell, when does that come out again, I can't wait any longer!"
"The Black Panther stomps Peter out of the water in the battle of the debuts. He is the highlight without question"
"Black Panther is the most serious character in the film in a very good way. It's a GOOD thing people"
"T'Challa for the win!"
"Can we just get more Black Panther now?
"Chadwick Boseman is a perfect Black Panther and I loved every second he was on screen"
Its lit
0ooIi0z.png