Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I forget how many characters are supposed to be in that shyt, but it's gonna be ill as fukk...they said it's up to 67 characters on the board to be in the movie, no way in hell should the leave out the TV characters, and there would be no need to pull that DC bullshyt and do a recast.
Breh that would be uncanny as fukk.............. it is one of the most famous crossovers....... probably the marvel version of crisis.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I forget how many characters are supposed to be in that shyt, but it's gonna be ill as fukk...they said it's up to 67 characters on the board to be in the movie, no way in hell should the leave out the TV characters, and there would be no need to pull that DC bullshyt and do a recast.
They could easily get to 67 characters using all of the members of the Avengers/Guardians and corresponding supporting cast characters. That number of characters in the movie doesn't automatically equal the inclusion of the TV show characters. Right now the divisions are separate with Feig in control of the movies and Jeph Loeb the main guy for TV and the way things move at Disney is that the movie side does what it wants with nary a thought given to the TV side and the TV side does what it can as long as what they are doing doesn't interfere with the movie side's plans.
And there was an article in Hitfix recently where the writers of Civil War admitted to having had no clue about any of the shyt going on with AOS which is odd since if any TV property should be in synch with the movies it is AOS.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
You a fan a phony you fake:ahh:
a P***y, a stan, I'll still web yo azz, you 56 in a spidey mask?:why:................. :sas2:
:mjpls:
Just cause the suit is blue and red don't mean that it's right,
Just cause he makes quips don't mean that he's bright
Are the web shooters mechanic or organic from the first bite
Is it regular Spiderman or is he Amazing
Is it Tobey?Andrew? or is it Tom Holland

Last edited:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Yeah Jeph doesn't like Feige. Why do think JJ called Cap "The Flag Waver" and Hulk "The Big Guy". Jeph probably told them that he couldn't use their names

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
They could easily get to 67 characters using all of the members of the Avengers/Guardians and corresponding supporting cast characters. That number of characters in the movie doesn't automatically equal the inclusion of the TV show characters. Right now the divisions are separate with Feig in control of the movies and Jeph Loeb the main guy for TV and the way things move at Disney is that the movie side does what it wants with nary a thought given to the TV side and the TV side does what it can as long as what they are doing doesn't interfere with the movie side's plans.
And there was an article in Hitfix recently where the writers of Civil War admitted to having had no clue about any of the shyt going on with AOS which is odd since if any TV property should be in synch with the movies it is AOS.
Does that include having their actors appear in their movies? Sounds like the lines of authority are clearly defined, if a director wants someone from TV in the movies it will happen.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Neither of those articles said no though. :dwillhuh:

Dude who plays Daredevil just hypothetically said it could be another actor. He has no idea either way, they ain't even talked to him about it.

The other article all the Russos said is "it's complicated".

It would be cool but it's not as if the TV characters can do anything other than get fukked up by Thanos.

Fred.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown

Dude who plays Daredevil just hypothetically said it could be another actor. He has no idea either way, they ain't even talked to him about it.

It would be cool but it's not as if the TV characters can do anything other than get fukked up by Thanos.

Fred.

Thanos would just go up to Daredevil, go
1v54xmg7wlncofmn9ub3h1oqo.210x110x16.gif
and then paint the starways with his blood.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Does that include having their actors appear in their movies? Sounds like the lines of authority are clearly defined, if a director wants someone from TV in the movies it will happen.
I am sure if the movie side wanted a TV character in a film that it would happen its just that there doesn't seem to be any interest from the movie side in the TV side at all.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

Fred.

Yea my first impression from the beginning is they'd just have glorified cameo shots of them fighting off whatever generic alien army Thanos has ravaging NYC (among other cities/countries)... before we're redirected to whatever all the 'relevant' heroes (no offense) are doing to combat Thanos head on.

Luke Cage, DD, Iron Fist, Punisher, Jessica Drew and Hellcat are cool no doubt... but i'd expect they'd just get crumbs, or maybe a nice exchange between Jessica and Stark, or DD and Spidey or CA.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Not true, there were Wayne easter eggs in Man of Steel for a reason. Batman v. Superman was a discussion being had by the studio for ages.
It ultimately made sense with Dawn of Justice to add Bruce Wayne and his cowled alter ego to the mix. Because of Christopher Nolan's recent Dark Knight trilogy, "I was in no rush to put Batman in the movie," Snyder says, "but on the other hand it seemed organic the way our story was unfolding to start to feather him in."

Originally just meant to be an Easter Egg for Man of Steel, Zack Snyder told EW about the first time he pitched the idea to fellow franchise "co-captains" Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer. According to Snyder: I said, ‘What about at the end of the movie we do a scene where there’s a crate full of kryptonite delivered to Wayne Manor.’ Everyone was like…‘Okaay.’ Once you say it out loud, it’s a problem, because you can’t unsay it."

they had no plans for this universe... just had the easter eggs and shyt... they were going on to make man of steel 2 when they got the idea to add in batman and do that shyt... after those numbers started looking funny in the light

again... i will be there, first day, first showing to watch this movie... but stop kidding yourselves like they had this grand scheme of things from day 1... they didn't.. they are kinda just winging it and it's ok to be a little worried about that

Last edited: