Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
...So you gonna wholeheartedly gonna give up your entire freedom and life to the govt no questions asked???? :francis: So you gonna believe the govt is not gonna use you in a weapon X program??? Genetic manipulation, cloning, Threatening to kill your family members when you step outta line, imprisonment, bombs in your neck to FORCE you to work (Suicide Squad/ Argus M.O.)

Yeah ok....:mjlol:
Bruh and I'd normally be ok with registration but this is marvel we're talking about. The same reed richards who made the prisons in the negative zone never learned his lesson and wanted to send freaking new york to the negative zone to stop hulk. Even villains would scratch their head at how fukked up that is.
Even Marvel president Nixon was an actual supervillain. Red Skull infiltrated high government positions. Wasn't even a good ruse. He just used a cheap anagram of 'Red Skull' and went unnoticed. Dell Rusk. And lets consider that there is.....
Scary percentage of American Generals are involved with something terrible.
Scary percentage of American of government research makes Unit 731 look as fluffy kittens.
Scary percentage of American state factions go rouge.
Just being a failed state akin to Somalia would be improvement for Marvel America.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
that is so true.. And honestly before these movies .. I HATED capt America, thought he was corny... I didn't care for iron man and thor either.. I only semi liked thor when he had that cane he use hit to the ground and transform and the cane was his hammer..
Yeah I didn't really care for Captain America either until the movie. After his first movie I started reading some old comics of his and actually became somewhat of a fan of his. He's not in my top 5 superheroes, probably barely in my top 10 but I fukks with Cap now:jawalrus:. Besides the first Iron Man and the first Avengers movie his movies are the only Marvel Studios films that I really liked.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Thor put the fear of god in Tony and fukked him up. So fukkin cold. I need to read this again.
:gladbron::smugfavre::obama::salute: I would LOVE to see this shyt played out on screen. Stark needs to be put down like a rabid dog. I really hope they go there. Too many people mistake the levity of the first movie as a indicator of the character's intelligence. He's a freakin' god, not a bumbling comic relief buffoon.
That was a good issue. I pretty much loved every moment of people shytting on Iron Man following Civil War. I have never been the biggest Stark fan in the comics and the way Millar wrote him in Civil War just made it impossible for me to ever even partially like the guy. Stark is a pure unfiltered a$$hole.
Real talk Thor must've been extra pissed off that they used an actual clone of thor and that clone ended up killing a hero......Goliath. The guy must've felt violated and gave Tony that work :whew:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
This describes me to growing up I was always into Batman so I knew about the other DC peeps but hardly knew anything about marvel. I didn't see the first CA movie until right before winter soldier came on
I liked the Captain America ideal but never bought his book until Brubaker went wild and had that terrific run. He proved himself during the Books of Doom mini series. Never bought Thor...more of a Surfer supporter. Spider Man, when written correctly, outside of the Claremont X-Men was untouchable. Then when you learned about Black Panther...he was a dope character too. The episode where he debuted on the 90s Fantastic Four and punked them out was comedy.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Registration was optional. You didn't have to register if you weren't going to fight crime:manny:They'really gonna use me in a Weapon X program? Put bombs in my neck? How, Sway?:dwillhuh:I'm just gonna volunteer for that? These are a bunch of super powered beings. They can revolt against the government if need be. And what freedom are they giving up, btw? Giving their names is giving away their freedom? The multitude of heroes that registered went on to form superhero groups around the country, free to do as they pleased.

Do you not foresee the unintended consequences for heroes who become public or have you not been paying attention to what happened to spiderman after he decided to reveal who he was???
Spiderman2006F.jpg

004.jpg

sk1.jpg

peter-parker-blames-iron-man-for-aunt-mays-injury-2.jpg

You really think having superpowers is gonna protect you from govt goons who are out to kill your family IF you resist them??? :dahell:

You really think the govt isnt gonna find a way to fukk with you???? :dahell:

Have you not been paying attention??? You think superman if it came down to it wont be fought against if they had the means??? Once the word came out about kryptonite being a weakness you know how many people with the means weaponized the shyt???

:mjlol:

Another cautionary tale to remember is the way the govt acted towards everyone who didn't agree with them. They can and WILL hurt you....

:sas2:

Last edited:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Her warping abilities were taken away and she was nerfed with only the ability to be telepathic and telekinetic. I'm assuming the explanation will be their link to the mindstone and that'll be the only way she can affect him. Dude is indestructible though with the vibranium.
Oh please. Scarlet Witch, in 2005, was the most powerful being in Marvel. Had everyone dancing to her beat. There is NOTHING the Vision can do to her without some SERIOUS PIS being involved.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
DC doesn't really need a bunch of movies to introduce their characters. Batman has had 8 feature films and four animated series in the last 30 years, The Flash has had two live action in series in the last 25 years and appeared in a animated series, and Wonder Woman is known due to her 70's series and being in the Superfriends cartoon and Justice League cartoon.

DC has the advantage over Marvel because most of their characters have had a constant mainstream presence for over 50 years.

Cosign.