Can't Be Primetime If You're Afraid Of The Dark #Pac12AfterDark: Stanford @ Colorado Tonight on ESPN 9PM

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
I'm gonna break the mold here and say that Travis Hunter doesn't look elite in either side of the ball.

Boy is maaddd small, and you can see that in every game he's played. Son repeatedly gets jammed up on blocks by wide receivers and downright taken out of plays at times.

I'll excuse his play at corner today

I told boys this during the TCU game, he got cooked multiple times and was saved by shytty QB play. Nobody afraid to go at him

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
Deion gotta own this one. They were built enough to go up 29 to 0

Facts. Imagine some player saying: "Yeah, we need better guys in the trenches, and some of our coaches clearly aren't built for the moment."

Dude would get his scholarship pulled that night.

I dont think Deion is doing anything to instill that discipline though. That's the problem. The coaches are allowing the players to go unchecked, flash their watches and talk reckless.. They are getting more penalties and playing less disciplined every week when they should be getting better in that regard if it was something the coaching staff was emphasizing. I don't care if hunter is your best player.. you bench him after that stupid penalty to send a message to the team it's not gonna be tolerated. They didn't need him to beat Stanford anyway plus he was getting cooked on defense.

The problem with alot of HOF players turned coaches is alot of what makes them HOF is God given athleticism and intelligence, both of those are VERY hard to teach.

Deion is in a predicament he hasn't been in before a day in his football life. He doesn't always have the best team (talent wise) and has no way to affect the outcome with his on the field play.

I don't know how much he factors into game planning but this ain't going to work long term. These types of mistakes only compound over seasons when they arent corrected and short of having an all first/second round caliber CFB team your talent isn't going to overcome these types of coaching mistakes.

The reason he's never going to be a head coach in the NFL is because he doesn't have leverage over the players at that level. If you yell at a starter he might yell back at you and depending on who he is the coach is getting fired not the player. Ask Urban Meyer and Nick Saban how that works out.

Deion needs multiple ways to motivate and a coaching staff that will shore up his weaknesses not accentuate them.

Last edited:

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Miami fans lecturing anyone about how to rebuild while having a coach who doesn’t know what a kneel is and getting their heads bashed in by basketball schools :mjlol: Coli “analysis” in a nutshell

What does my team affiliation have to do with my football knowledge?

I love my Canes, but I’m a football fan. I watch any and every game I can. Plus, I seen enough failed “rebuilds” I could write a book

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Very Dan Lanning like. :mjpls:

Colorado will be just fine. Yes he has to get his guys in and he will. But they exceeded expectations so far. Which is why you got fans of other teams on here begging for attention and make threads weeks ahead of Colorado games. :dead: @Silkk :scust:

And you know good and damn all the things you wrote about rosters ain't going to make to difference at Miami. :gucci: Trash coach is a trash coach. I told ya'll when Diaz was hired that Oyes can't coach football. What do they do? Hire another damn Oye. :russ:
:mjcry: :yeshrug:

God is NOT a Miami Hurricanes fan, that we definitely know…

I thought the admins were finally turning this thing around. More of the same ish of the last 15-17 years, BS smh

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Facts. Imagine some player saying: "Yeah, we need better guys in the trenches, and some of our coaches clearly aren't built for the moment."

Dude would get his scholarship pulled that night.

The problem with alot of HOF players turned coaches is alot of what makes them HOF is God given athleticism and intelligence both of those are VERY hard to teach.

Deion is in a predicament he hasn't been in before a day in his football life. He doesn't always have the best team (talent wise) and has no way to affect the outcome with his on the field play.

I don't know how much he factors into game planning but this ain't going to work long term. These types of mistakes only compound over seasons when they are corrected and short of having an all first/second round caliber CFB team your talent isn't going to overcome these types of coaching mistakes.

The reason he's never going to be a head coach in the NFL is because he doesn't have leverage over the players at that level. If you yell at a starter he might yell back at you and depending on who he is the coach is getting fired not the player.

Deion needs multiple ways to motivate and a coaching staff that will shore up his weaknesses not accentuate them.

facts every player you coach is not going to have the same talent as you

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
facts every player you coach is not going to have the same talent as you
Deion says he doesnt expect players to be him. However, it seems he's just talking talent wise. Problem is not everybody can handle being in Prime Time culture. Lavar Arrington was saying Deion is one of one. He already made it before he started dealing with real celebrity. The hype has gone to some of the players head and they simply cant handle it.

And as great as Deion was as a player it was him going to ready made teams in the 49ers and Cowboys to get those Super Bowls. He could be him, but they already had the foundation.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Deion says he doesnt expect players to be him. However, it seems he's just talking talent wise. Problem is not everybody can handle being in Prime Time culture. Lavar Arrington was saying Deion is one of one. He already made it before he started dealing with real celebrity. The hype has gone to some of the players head and they simply cant handle it.

And as great as Deion was as a player it was him going to ready made teams in the 49ers and Cowboys to get those Super Bowls. He could be him, but they already had the foundation.

thats a fact :ehh:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I'm gonna break the mold here and say that Travis Hunter doesn't look elite in either side of the ball.

Boy is maaddd small, and you can see that in every game he's played. Son repeatedly gets jammed up on blocks by wide receivers and downright taken out of plays at times.

I'll excuse his play at corner today

I told boys this during the TCU game, he got cooked multiple times and was saved by shytty QB play. Nobody afraid to go at him
I think Travis is great at route recognition. If he had a lil more wind he probably has a couple of pick 6s cause he gets a good read on the play.

Travis problem is once he has to flip his hips and cover downfield he's not as fundamentally sound. Part of that is cause he's switching reps in practice on offense and defense. And the other part is there are days he doesnt practice at all cause they trying to keep him fresh.

I think that TCU is carrying a lot of weight for him cause he made some game changing plays. However, yea he got a beat a couple times it was just terrible throws.

And he's developed a bad habit, probably from JSU, trying to bait guys into interceptions on deep passes thinking he can just catch up to it, but the guys are running right by him.

He'll be straight/legit once an NFL team gets him focused on corner.

I head one of the ESPN guys say they know a coach for CU who coached at LSU when Justin Jefferson was there. The coach said Hunter might have better hands, but Jefferson is a little faster.
Which is surprising cause I thought Hunter was a 4.3 guy. However, yea he's gotta focus on one to fully reach his potential.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
They scored …this is an irrelevant complaint ..considering the defense could have won the game in OT 1 as their offense did their job but they didn’t

And what about the 2nd OT? Throw a pick and Stanford wins with an easy FG--because they knew exactly what they needed to win.

The point is, everybody knows you go on defense first in college OT.

Everybody except you and Deion apparently.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
:mjcry: :yeshrug:

God is NOT a Miami Hurricanes fan, that we definitely know…

I thought the admins were finally turning this thing around. More of the same ish of the last 15-17 years, BS smh
The admins are idiots and are LAZY!
They don't do an extensive coaching search. All they do is hire alumni.

Look at this shyt last night. No way would Miami lose to UNC back in the day even if UNC was good.

Naw they going to stick with this One another three years at least. Smh

Daps
I would like cormani to elaborate on this a little more

20230927_114437.webp