Can't Be Primetime If You're Afraid Of The Dark #Pac12AfterDark: Stanford @ Colorado Tonight on ESPN 9PM

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Doesn't take a couple seasons to not blow a 29-0 lead at half. Doesn't take a couple seasons to know how to substitute players. Doesn't take a couple seasons to have discipline and know not to get personal fouls after the play when you get a critical stop with the game on the line the other team on 3rd down with 22 yards to go.

The youtube videos had me fooled. The one thing I thought Prime was serious about and made me a fan was discipline. This team got 0 discipline and its getting worse every week. There was a lot a little things we let fly cause of their lucky wins. But you cant overlook these things when you are loosing.

I agree with you in general. But it DOES take seasons to instill discipline. To carry out your vision. He’s literally 6 games into Power 5 D1 college football…it takes seasons to recruit and bring in the right guys…I’m a Miami Hurricanes fan, we are JUST NOW getting our roster in shape. It has taken 2-3 seasons to turn it over, build depth, and execute the vision.

Again, this ain’t the NFL. Yes, guys should be more disciplined. But like you said, winning covered a LOT of missteps. Deions brash nature is contagious, but it takes more than bravado and tough talk to win big. Also, these are still “kids” at the end of the day. It takes repetition and practice. It takes focus. They have to learn that.

Yeah, them hype videos are just that, HYPE! I’ve learned the hard way, can’t trust those videos. You hardly ever see the really good teams doing that stuff. They don’t have time, they’re WORKING!

Deion used the tools he had at his disposal. He needed to create hype to get these Buffs fans to buy in and spend money on and with the team…but you don’t need those things IN SEASON, you need buy-in and focus from every teammate!

Less flash, and more substance. That’s what I hope the “new” folks watching understand. Having all the cameras and celebs is cool, til it’s distracting…cut the fluff and build this ship. He got all the eyes he needs paying attention, time to build now…

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with you in general. But it DOES take seasons to instill discipline. To carry out your vision. He’s literally 6 games into Power 5 D1 college football…it takes seasons to recruit and bring in the right guys…I’m a Miami Hurricanes fan, we are JUST NOW getting our roster in shape. It has taken 2-3 seasons to turn it over, build depth, and execute the vision.

Again, this ain’t the NFL. Yes, guys should be more disciplined. But like you said, winning covered a LOT of missteps. Deions brash nature is contagious, but it takes more than bravado and tough talk to win big. Also, these are still “kids” at the end of the day. It takes repetition and practice. It takes focus. They have to learn that.

Yeah, them hype videos are just that, HYPE! I’ve learned the hard way, can’t trust those videos. You hardly ever see the really good teams doing that stuff. They don’t have time, they’re WORKING!

Deion used the tools he had at his disposal. He needed to create hype to get these Buffs fans to buy in and spend money on and with the team…but you don’t need those things IN SEASON, you need buy-in and focus from every teammate!

Less flash, and more substance. That’s what I hope the “new” folks watching understand. Having all the cameras and celebs is cool, til it’s distracting…cut the fluff and build this ship. He got all the eyes he needs paying attention, time to build now…

:whew:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Cmon Prime lol I’m disappointed. It’s all good he’s still been an overwhelming net positive, but he shoulda known better and been a bit more subtle when they got some wins. It was way too early to start doin victory laps. Them lil nggas gon burn out

He’s goin thru what most elite players have gon thru with coaching. Can’t relate to not being elite. Lol @ Prime lookin at his players like ‘Damn y’all lil nggas can’t talk yo shot and back it up and stay at an eltie level week in week out and overcome outside noise :mjtf:

He actually criticized them when they won as well. Even after the TCU game, he said the defense was 'hot garbage'.

He has yet to praise this team collectively.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
I also think, NONE of the Jackston St players have any respect for most of the other players on the team. Led by Shedeur.

Keep in mind, Shedeur was throwing shots after the TCU game comparing FBS to HBCU's.

For the past 2 years Shedeur wasn't on the radar because of where he played. So imagine you move up to play with a bunch of players who are use to nicer facilities, dorms, food, equipment, money, support, everything, and a lot of your teammates play like trash. Not studying film, not trying to get better. Which is why Shedeur has no problem targeting Hunter more than anyone else.

And the fact that Hunter has to play so much on offense and defense is a problem. But he needs to realize, that FBS schools don't automatically have better players collectively than FCS teams.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I dont think Deion is doing anything to instill that discipline though. That's the problem. The coaches are allowing the players to go unchecked, flash their watches and talk reckless.. They are getting more penalties and playing less disciplined every week when they should be getting better in that regard if it was something the coaching staff was emphasizing. I don't care if hunter is your best player.. you bench him after that stupid penalty to send a message to the team it's not gonna be tolerated. They didn't need him to beat Stanford anyway plus he was getting cooked on defense.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
And just for some perspective. The defense might still be better than Last years defense. I don’t think people realize how bad Colorado was last year.

IMG-3433.jpg

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
And just for some perspective. The defense might still be better than Last years defense. I don’t think people realize how bad Colorado was last year.

IMG-3433.jpg
They're not the same team or coaching staff as last year, so it's irrelevant to even keep comparing them.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County

Very Dan Lanning like. :mjpls:

Colorado will be just fine. Yes he has to get his guys in and he will. But they exceeded expectations so far. Which is why you got fans of other teams on here begging for attention and make threads weeks ahead of Colorado games. :dead: @Silkk :scust:

And you know good and damn all the things you wrote about rosters ain't going to make to difference at Miami. :gucci: Trash coach is a trash coach. I told ya'll when Diaz was hired that Oyes can't coach football. What do they do? Hire another damn Oye. :russ:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I don’t like the way Deion threw all the blame on the players. Talking about they aren’t ready for big moments…

fukk outta here with that. Y’all up 29-0 at the half and lose…that’s 100% on coaching. He should have called out his staff
i think the head coach should just call out himself tbh …. 29 point comeback loss means you’re empowering the wrong people who are making the wrong decisions and enabling the wrong players