Candid Tua Tagovailoa calls out Brian Flores for coaching style

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Flores almost got them to the playoffs but McDaniels got them there but they still ain't win a game. Actually Hill helped more than folks give credit for.

Bills still a thorn in the Fins azz regardless of which "brotha" coached.

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean i dont think tua anything more than a serviceable qb, but how does a coach and org think that kind of coaching will reap benefits?

As cerebral as the position is, fukkin up a dudes mental is not the way for him to play better

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's like all these cats under :beli: try to emulate him but have no idea why he's actually successful. From everyone you speak to, he's actually really good at reaching the players and is quite personable, the media stuff is all a facade.

Those goofballs like Patricia, McDaniels and Judge were the fukking worst

You see it, you would think these coaches have a good grasp on what made Belichick successful, but it seems like they try to be a very very cheap version of him.

It happens in other walks of life, I have read stories of CEO's trying to act like Steve Jobs with disastrous effects.

Last edited:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
I didn't forget the roster. Either way he played bad. I remember how badly it looked when they needed him to just complete a pass. Coach confidence or not he was a professional high draft pick QB who was throwing balls into the dirt.

I'm not saying they were a great match for each other. I'm mostly responding to people going all "Beli disciples ain't shyt" in here like Flores wasn't polishing turds and pretending like Tua is some gem of a QB now. The full compliment of explosive skill guys is an understatement. They have the 2nd best collection of skill players, only Detroit is better objectively, so the team's roster isn't just marginally better, it's significantly better by a lot......That said, I agree with you that they weren't the best HC and QB pairing, but Flores did mostly right by the Dolphins as a coach.

His defense kicked the 49ers ass last year once they got settled into their scheme. He's not some fukking dunce of a coach.

Tua is a good QB who needs talent around him to succeed. We saw this at Bama. More front offices need to account for that shyt when evaluating QBs. QBs keep on getting drafted high when the college tape says, "Don't bring him in and expect greatness unless your team is set up to where it's a competent QB away."

Folks expected Tua to be this franchise QB who could turn chicken shyt into chicken salad while not acknowledging that he had the absolute best WR room in the country when he was tearing it up at Bama.

I think Flores is an objectively good coach who just did not mesh well with Tua. These things happen.

Lurkio

All Star
Daps
this dude was sending Tua txts saying he sucks? and telling him he shouldn’t be there and wanted deshaun/Herbert instead?

:mjlol:

He deserved to get fired…and notice he didn’t deny any of this shyt or call Tua a liar

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Flores was right

Flores didn't say Tua was injury-prone. He said he was trash.

And by and large, most QBs are gonna be trash if you put nothing around them at the skill positions and/or do nothing to instill confidence in them.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Flores didn't say Tua was injury-prone. He said he was trash.

And by and large, most QBs are gonna be trash if you put nothing around them at the skill positions and/or do nothing to instill confidence in them.
Tua threw multiple Ints and recklessly dove head first into a player resulting in a concussion. He won’t still be playing by the time he’s 30. He’s reckless, undisciplined, and overall not impressive.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Flores was right
Nah. Flores was still a bad fit. You had other players on the team besides Tua who was happy he was fired. My thing is, dolphins fans using Flores as a crutch 3 seasons later while speaking so highly of McDaniel does nothing for us. It is Year 3 of McDaniels and year five of Tua, and the same problems that Flores dealt with in terms of Tua being injury prone, McDaniel I now dealing with. And McDaniel as a coach doesn’t seem to be coaching these guys up to have that QB/receiver connection. Route running is so off and the timing system makes for disastrous effects, if a defense has an aggressive DB room who can master Tua’s timing. That’s how you get 3 INT’s. Yeah we made a playoff under McDaniel, but the jury is still out and it looks like Tua’s career should be over. As shytty as Flores was, none of this is his fault. Two things can be true.

calh45

Cal
Daps
He's never not struggled against the Bills.

He's been in the league for 5 years and is a turnover waiting to happen. Last year he had 14 interceptions and 13 fumbles (lost 5 of them). That level of ball insecurity plus only having 2 good passing years out of 5 isn't a sign of even an average QB. I get that people like him, and that McDaniel has been able to carve a good niche with the talent around him, but he's below average. If the Dolphins had prime Alex Smith as their QB last season, with all of that offensive talent, they're in the AFC championship game at the minimum just based off the idea that Alex Smith doesn't turn the ball over and is consistent.