Candid Tua Tagovailoa calls out Brian Flores for coaching style

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
He’s their Jared Goff, they need their Stafford.

I think like 2 years the rams gave him that big deal they flipped him for Matt

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
flores-mad.gif

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's hard on Tua bc he's a brittle punk ass and Flores wanted J-Herbo

Only problem with this train of thought is other coaches, players and even beat writers had their issues with Flores' "personality". Is every one of those persons a "punk ass" or maybe just, maybe he may have rubbed people the wrong way?

Tua also survived Saban without issue........

I get that this is the internet so nuance can't be a thing. So, the answer must be "this generation is soft".

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Only problem with this train of thought is other coaches, players and even beat writers had their issues with Flores' "personality". Is every one of those persons a "punk ass" or maybe just, maybe he may have rubbed people the wrong way?

Tua also survived Saban without issue........

I get that this is the internet so nuance can't be a thing. So, the answer must be "this generation is soft".
Preach

You just knew some people were gonna take the angle of "Tua is soft"

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He also got Tyreek right after Flores left too which helped out a lot
I mean, it's not groundbreaking news, give a young, talented qb, a great player and watch him shine. (See Josh Allen with Diggs)

Funny thing is that the general consensus in the sports media and on this board was that reke's career would fall off a cliff leaving Mahomes for Tua. Now that the opposite has happened, the goal post shifted and now folks are on some "of course Tua looks good, he has an all-world receiver" when that's not what the initial reaction was.
Preach

You just knew some people were gonna take the angle of "Tua is soft"
There's a reason these hot takes shows are ratings monsters. Ppl are idiots and lack the ability to think critically and they shift narratives depending on who and what they like.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean, it's not groundbreaking news, give a young, talented qb, a great player and watch him shine. (See Josh Allen with Diggs)

Funny thing is that the general consensus in the sports media and on this board was that reke's career would fall off a cliff leaving Mahomes for Tua. Now that the opposite has happened, the goal post shifted and now folks are on some "of course Tua looks good, he has an all-world receiver" when that's not what the initial reaction was.
Yeah nobody outside Dolphin’s fans pay attention to the Dolphins so they were just saying anything

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Flores thought that beli shyt could transition into a coaching role outside of New England..

These beli coaches need to survey their locker rooms first before trying that beli nonsense
:beli: tree is always like that. The :beli: way ONLY REALLY WORKS FOR :beli:.

Only Vrabel kind of got it together and I'm sure he had to soften some of his stances to get it out of them in Tennessee.

All that said, it's not uncommon for a player to need a difference scenario/coach to find his way. Flores is an objectively good coach from the sense of being a really strong football mind who can gameplan against teams, but as mentioned in here, managing egos and relationships aren't his thing, and he had a QB in Tua that one, he didn't want and two, did not respond well to the environment he was in.

Part of being a great coach is understanding how you have to meet/reach your players to get their best out of them -- or in Detroit's case, for example, building a team that based on intel SPECIFICALLY RESPONDS to the coaching style currently in place. Flores didn't know how to reach Tua on a level that would inspire his best, and it's likely he never wanted to reach him on that level.

A player isn't soft just because he needs positive reinforcement from time to time. Being constantly critizied and never being told that you do ANYTHING well or that you don't warrant having faith put into you... that shyt gets old.