Candid Tua Tagovailoa calls out Brian Flores for coaching style

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The people who ripping Tua as soft are conveniently leaving out the part where Flores has had issues with MULTIPLE players not just Tua.

He's had issues with MULTIPLE coaches.

He's even had issues with reporters.

No matter how great of an x's and o's coach he was, part of coaching and leadership is managing different personalities. He CLEARLY had issues with that and could not adapt. It got so bad the owner stepped in and fired him.

He lost his job because of it and cats are making this a Tua issue. :snoop:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Flores wanted to win. His job and reputation was on the line. Black coaches rarely get opportunities as it is, and his job was in the hands of a rookie QB.

I would’ve been an a$$hole too.
And you would've been fired too :russ:

This is why Belichick's coaching tree is gahbage

These dudes all think they can yell at the QB like how he yelled at Brady not realizing that Brady is ONE OF ONE. He has a LB mentality

Most QBs are primadonnas they can't be treated like that

These coaches are so stupid it just amazes me

How the fukk they think can get away with shyt like this

:mjlol:

Not surprised that this a defensive coach doin this shyt either

Most defensive coaches are meatheads anyway :hhh:

Last edited:

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
:beli: tree is always like that. The :beli: way ONLY REALLY WORKS FOR :beli:.

Only Vrabel kind of got it together and I'm sure he had to soften some of his stances to get it out of them in Tennessee.

All that said, it's not uncommon for a player to need a difference scenario/coach to find his way. Flores is an objectively good coach from the sense of being a really strong football mind who can gameplan against teams, but as mentioned in here, managing egos and relationships aren't his thing, and he had a QB in Tua that one, he didn't want and two, did not respond well to the environment he was in.

Part of being a great coach is understanding how you have to meet/reach your players to get their best out of them -- or in Detroit's case, for example, building a team that based on intel SPECIFICALLY RESPONDS to the coaching style currently in place. Flores didn't know how to reach Tua on a level that would inspire his best, and it's likely he never wanted to reach him on that level.

A player isn't soft just because he needs positive reinforcement from time to time. Being constantly critizied and never being told that you do ANYTHING well or that you don't warrant having faith put into you... that shyt gets old.

Beli got it from Parcells who also won some SBs. Another Parcells disciple Coughlin was the same hard ass and he won some SBs as well.

Might not work on today's players though. These guys have grown up in a different environment.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
And you would've been fired too :russ:

This is why Belichick's coaching tree is gahbage

These dudes all think they can yell at the QB like how he yelled at Brady not realizing that Brady is ONE OF ONE. He has LB mentality

Most QBs are primadonnas they can't be treated like that

These coaches are so stupid it just amazes me

How the fukk they think can get away with shyt like this

:mjlol:

Not surprised that this a defensive coach doin this shyt either

Most defensive coaches are meathead anyway :hhh:

Flores took over a bad team and was only there 3 seasons. In terms of wins, the new coach hasn’t done better.

As for the coaching tree aspect, the answer to that is simple. The Patriots never had a set scheme. They switched up what they did based on the opponent. So every coach that left, didn’t really have a system. Another common denominator is they all went to bad teams that didn’t have a franchise QB or bad GM’s. Or both.

Nick Saban was smart enough to leave.

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is such a simple issue to me. If one method isn't working, try another. Like Bruce Lee said, be like water.

Flores couldn't adapt and lost his job because of it. His own coaches kept bailng on him. Let that sink in. Why is this such a hard issue to grasp?

Instead, idiots are doubling down on the idiocy. Clearly some of you have never been in any sort of management/leadership position in your life. And if you are, God help the people who you are trying to lead.

I like Flores and hopefully he grows from this and doesn't double down on the idiocy like some of you knuckleheads.

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Unc saying the same thing word for word yall saying in this thread :skip:. Wassup Unc I know you reading this didn't know we had coli brehs on ESPN