Candid Tua Tagovailoa calls out Brian Flores for coaching style

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Belli most overrated all time

Won the 2 greatest football players of all time
Flores thought that beli shyt could transition into a coaching role outside of New England..

These beli coaches need to survey their locker rooms first before trying that beli nonsense
Yup.

Brady winning in Tampa Bay I think really was for the better for the thousands of players who'll enter the NFL and not experience unnecessarily tough coaches talking down on them trying to be the next Belichick.

That's why I like Daboll's approach honestly, dude straight up told everyone he's not going to run things anything like Beli did because he said that's not how he is as a person.

Let the coach who's now a DC for the Vikings yell at your star QB that you're trying to build-up brehs.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
He's the vikings DC but he thought he can do that Belichick shyt and it backfired

Belly got the woat coaching tree in the history of the league
Beat me to it pause. It’s actually hilarious. All them dudes trying to emulate Belicheck and failing horrifically

calh45

Cal
Daps
Meh. He's talking pretty spicy for a QB that landed a sweetheart deal including a coach who will take bullets for all of his mistakes. With how Tua was playing could you blame Flores? Tua defenders have a weird way of dismissing his actual performance on the field. His QBR was 44 in 2020 and Flores went 10-6 and his QBR was 55 in 2021 and Flores went 9-8. Being over .500 with that level of QB performance is pretty good if you ask me.

This ain't know Beli tree fukking up and this definitely ain't a QB overcoming a "bad" coach to be top 5 now. He's still middle ground. He had 14 interceptions last year and flopped out in the playoffs. This can't be a serious thread.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Just saw the video of Tua as a freshman throwing a pick in the title game. Saban blew up and Tua went over put his hands on his shoulder told him chill :ohhh:

Went on to have the most iconic game winning TD pass in college football history

Tua got my respect

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Meh. He's talking pretty spicy for a QB that landed a sweetheart deal including a coach who will take bullets for all of his mistakes. With how Tua was playing could you blame Flores? Tua defenders have a weird way of dismissing his actual performance on the field. His QBR was 44 in 2020 and Flores went 10-6 and his QBR was 55 in 2021 and Flores went 9-8. Being over .500 with that level of QB performance is pretty good if you ask me.

You sound ridiculous.

We know what a bad, irreparable young QB looks like and Tua was not that at all. Tua looked like the typical rookie, and then he was mid with a mid WR cast—-but still won games. You going out of your way to erase his away his play is modern fandom 101 mfers are never impressed and always downplay shyt

Last edited:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
You sound ridiculous.

We know what a bad, irreparable young QB looks like and Tua was not that at all. Tue looked like the typical rookie, and then he was mid with a kid WR cast—-b still won games. You going out of your way to erasure away his play it’s modern fandom 101 mfers are never impressed and always downplay shyt
Someone had a great comparison for Tua - Celtics era Isaiah Thomas. Undersized but can put up monster stats in the right situation.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC

This ain't know Beli tree fukking up and this definitely ain't a QB overcoming a "bad" coach to be top 5 now. He's still middle ground. He had 14 interceptions last year and flopped out in the playoffs. This can't be a serious thread.

People seem to forget that Miami didn't have much of a running game nor did they have the full complement of explosive skill guys they do now during Tua's first two years in the league. I'm not surprised that Tua got better when provided talent, a scheme more in-tune with his strengths, and a coach who has full confidence in him.

All that said, Tua has never not been an accurate passer, and the college tape that got him drafted showed that when surrounded with elite talent, he will function as an elite distributor/point guard in the right offense. Year 1 and year 2 Tua was not surrounded by talent at that level.

WAY too many front offices try to lump QBs into the "team elevator" category when the vast majority of them are not that.

TL;DR - Tua being a high-level game manager that flopped in the playoffs in a game the Dolphins had NO SHOT of beating the Chiefs in doesn't change the fact that Brian Flores wasn't the right head coach for him.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I’m not gonna say Brian Flores is a horrible person. Sometimes that just how you are in terms of the way you speak to people, but there has to be limits to what you say.

I Often, by my friends in my family I’ve been accused of being too rough/harsh in the way I speak to people and that I need to tone it down a bit because not everybody built to take certain things.

So Flores being the head coach should’ve known to better understand the personalities of each players that he’s dealing with and deal with them accordingly. You are freaking NEW head coach in the national football league. Nobody’s handing you the keys to pick your players and run things the way you fit 100% yet. You got earn that overtime with results. He should’ve known.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
I’m not gonna say Brian Flores is a horrible person. Sometimes that just how you are in terms of the way you speak to people, but there has to be limits to what you say.

I Often, by my friends in my family I’ve been accused of being too rough/harsh in the way I speak to people and that I need to tone it down a bit because not everybody built to take certain things.

So Flores being the head coach should’ve known to better understand the personalities of each players that he’s dealing with and deal with them accordingly. You are freaking NEW head coach in the national football league. Nobody’s handing you the keys to pick your players and run things the way you fit 100% yet. You got earn that overtime with results. He should’ve known.

Most people would say that as a man, Brian Flores is as upstanding as it gets. It's just that he's not good at the relationship-building aspect of being a coach.

Last edited:

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
all this may be on point from Tua

If he fails this year the fukkery :wow:

calh45

Cal
Daps
You sound ridiculous.

We know what a bad, irreparable young QB looks like and Tua was not that at all. Tua looked like the typical rookie, and then he was mid with a mid WR cast—-but still won games. You going out of your way to erase his away his play is modern fandom 101 mfers are never impressed and always downplay shyt

I don't sound ridiculous. He was terrible to the point that they were making fun of the Dolphins for choosing him over Herbert and the team was still over .500 when he played. That's a testament to the man's coaching. Tua gets more grace for reasons I don't understand. Every single other young QB gets roasted if they play badly and he played badly. He wasn't typical rookie bad. He was worse. You ain't gotta like Flores, but shytting on him in the way this thread is doing is dumb. McDaniels swings too far in the other direction for me where he coddles him so much he clearly forgot how badly he actually played.

People seem to forget that Miami didn't have much of a running game nor did they have the full complement of explosive skill guys they do now during Tua's first two years in the league. I'm not surprised that Tua got better when provided talent, a scheme more in-tune with his strengths, and a coach who has full confidence in him.

All that said, Tua has never not been an accurate passer, and the college tape that got him drafted showed that when surrounded with elite talent, he will function as an elite distributor/point guard in the right offense. Year 1 and year 2 Tua was not surrounded by talent at that level.

WAY too many front offices try to lump QBs into the "team elevator" category when the vast majority of them are not that.

TL;DR - Tua being a high-level game manager that flopped in the playoffs in a game the Dolphins had NO SHOT of beating the Chiefs in doesn't change the fact that Brian Flores wasn't the right head coach for him.

I didn't forget the roster. Either way he played bad. I remember how badly it looked when they needed him to just complete a pass. Coach confidence or not he was a professional high draft pick QB who was throwing balls into the dirt.

I'm not saying they were a great match for each other. I'm mostly responding to people going all "Beli disciples ain't shyt" in here like Flores wasn't polishing turds and pretending like Tua is some gem of a QB now. The full compliment of explosive skill guys is an understatement. They have the 2nd best collection of skill players, only Detroit is better objectively, so the team's roster isn't just marginally better, it's significantly better by a lot......That said, I agree with you that they weren't the best HC and QB pairing, but Flores did mostly right by the Dolphins as a coach.

His defense kicked the 49ers ass last year once they got settled into their scheme. He's not some fukking dunce of a coach.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
didnt know flores was doing that
what an idiot. im an idiot for sticking up for him